Hello.

Long story short, I think my phone has got water damaged from being in my pocket (after a really heavy shower I had to walk through for a couple of miles).

A friend took it to a local phone fix shop and the guys said either take it home and use a recovery disk(?), which I am fairly certain these phones do not come with or can I buy them? If that does not work they said bring it back.

The Errors I am getting:

I get the infamous red, green, blue and white screen with text when I turn it on plugged into my laptop or charger (btw it cannot be recognized when plugged into laptop).

The red background text is:

PD29100 SS-BC (4K)
    SPL-5.11.2250.0( 134400) MNG
    MicroP(LED) 0x07
    TOUCH S1(v1.8, #1624

The green backround text is:
    SD SANDISK 15193MB
    Partition Info-v211v413

The Blue and Green is empty with just the words SERIAL in the white background.

Now I have tried the factory reset which brings up the reset screen, however when I try to push the VolDown (to reset the phone) nothing happens. Nor does clicking the camera button or bottom touch icons.

I was thinking maybe they are broke but I can still do the factory reset turn on, so they must still be working. And the fact that the screen is still working and the phones still turns on, even if it is to an error screen. Then all hope cannot be lost can i?

I am really hoping there is some kind of home fix. If I have to take it to the shop, they might take it all apart and fix something easily and charge me a lot which I what I want the last resort to be if I have to.

Thanks, if you need pictures or anything just ask.
    04-28-2012 11:27 AM
    Nope? Ok.
    04-29-2012 08:46 AM
    Take the battery out of the phone (if you can) and put the phone in a bag of dry rice. That will help it to dry out. Don't try turning it on until you're sure it's totally dry. If it's already dry and doing that stuff then it sounds to me as if there may be least a few shorts (buttons not responding) and it may be a hardware problem which software obviously cannot fix.

I'm hoping I am wrong about that, but if your phone needs a new logic board it other hardware it could be prohibitively expensive and you may need to buy a new phone. Do you not have any type of insurance on the phone?

At any rate, i would try making certain absolutely every part of the phone is bone dry before turning it on again or making any decisions. Hopefully that is somewhat helpful and I am sorry this happened to you, friend.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Nath7 likes this.
    04-29-2012 09:14 AM
    Thanks!

I have yet to try the rice trick, but I think I will do that before anything else now. I have no insurance on the phone unfortuantly.

Thanks again.
    04-29-2012 02:10 PM
    You should always take the battery out, and not try to power the phone until the phone is completely dried out.
    05-04-2012 12:33 PM
    Hi i am sam rom malaysia. Interested to buy your faulty htc 7 trophy. Sell it to me.
    10-21-2013 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD