I have grown to love every aspect of this phone so far, except for one thing... I feel like I can't use the camera! In average indoor lighting conditions with lots of natural light, I find there is a red hue that always appears in the middle of each photo I take with the flash off. I have found lots of talk circulating on the web about this issue, but I have not found a recent update within the past 6 months. Any word on it?
    05-18-2012 10:37 AM
    Yeah, HTC doesn't do firmware... They just make a new phone for you to buy, which they also won't support with firmware. I have the same issue on my HD7, among others. I will never buy another HTC device. See also: call quality issue, among others, on the original Titan. Firmware fix? Recall perhaps? Some sort of arrangement to get fixed devices out? Nah. Titan 2 6 months later. Bingo bango.
    DanielCeleste likes this.
    05-18-2012 11:26 AM
    Yeah, HTC doesn't do firmware... They just make a new phone for you to buy, which they also won't support with firmware. I have the same issue on my HD7, among others. I will never buy another HTC device. See also: call quality issue, among others, on the original Titan. Firmware fix? Recall perhaps? Some sort of arrangement to get fixed devices out? Nah. Titan 2 6 months later. Bingo bango.
    I know, I'm not really a fan of the build quality of this device either. The haptic feedback on the three capacitive buttons rattles and buzzes, and the over-all plastic seems kind of cheap. I think it would break easily if dropped.

Anyways, I hope someone fixes this.
    05-19-2012 09:43 PM
    Same issue that was on the HD2 released back in 2009. I think they reused the same camera module for the HD7.

There's nothing they're gonna do for those white balance issues. It's literally always been there and will likely always be there. This phone was made before HTC cared about cameras.

The cameras on their latter devices (Vivid, Amaze, One Series, Titan II) are monumentally better. The HD7 camera also produces noisy images.
    05-31-2012 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD