• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Prime Day 2018
    Hi all.

I've had my HD7 for well over a year now and I've been having a problem with the phone restarting itself for no reason at all. It's so random I can't figure out what the problem is. Since upating to mango (several months ago) the situation seems to have gotten worse.

My phone will randomly reboot. When swtiching it back on I get the normal vibrate, then a second pause, then 7 more vibrates and it hangs on the HTC logo. I have to take the battery out 5 or 6 times before it will actually start up again.

I was also having problems with my apps not accessing my data connection with an error "data connection unavailable". I decided to factory restore my phone but because there is no way to back the phone up unless there is a software update, I lost loads of pictures etc. I cannot believe there is no backup function available!!!!

The problems are still there. Facebook for example won't update even when pressing the refresh button and the app itself is so slow and painful it's hardly worth bothering. I've tried to uninstall Facebook and re-install it but it still doesn't work. Also sometimes when I go into HTC Hub to check the weather, this doesn't update properly and displays my location incorrectly? It's out by about a mile! Sometimes it's correct and sometimes it says a location 1 mile down the road. Sometimes the phone will reboot as soon as I click any button within the HTC Hub app.

One other thing is my text message converations don't work unless I delete the old conversation and start a new one! For example someone will text me and it won't appear at the top of the message list, it will be way down in the list and sometimes it puts the new message at the beginning of the converation rather than at the bottom!

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has a solution for this problem? Maybe someone else has the same issue?

Before I throw my phone in the bin and buy an Android phone I thought I'd try and fix it first!

Appologies for registering and then posting this but I really need some advice!

Thanks

Last edited by vdub1980; 07-23-2012 at 01:51 PM.
    07-23-2012 01:29 PM
    Welcome to the WPC forums.

Those are some odd issues you are having there it all sounds data related. You don't have an MicroCell around that you are getting data from? Are you able to access the Internet?
    07-23-2012 07:12 PM
    Welcome to the WPC forums.

Those are some odd issues you are having there it all sounds data related. You don't have an MicroCell around that you are getting data from? Are you able to access the Internet?
    Thanks for the reply and thanks for the welcome!

Yes odd. The phone used to work fine apart from the odd issue with the Facebook app but for some reason it's decided not to play anymore!

I get no internet at all unless I connect to a wireless point which is really weird because last week it was working fine ...

I think I'm going to have to factory restore again :(

Actually the phone is worse since the Mango update ..

My exact OS version is: 7.10.8107.79

Thanks again
    07-24-2012 10:44 AM
    Bump!

My data connection has stopped again! I have literally just reset my phone, the data connection worked but when downloading an app the phone froze and resarted, came back and the data connection was gone within 2 mintues of resetting the phone!

I have full signal and my network is detected perfectly.

One odd thing is when it does this and starts up again my date and time are completely wrong so I have to set it back again?

Anyone .... please??
    08-17-2012 11:15 AM
    This is kind of out there in left field but maybe it is an issue with the memory card?? Maybe it has slight mosture damage, kept in your pocket all the time, type of thing. put it in some rice over night. I have never heard of crazy things like that happening. except when my daught dropped her ipod in the toilet then it did what ever it wanted but after 2 days in rice worked great.
    08-30-2012 08:35 AM
    Thanks for the reply!

To be honest I got so fed up with it I've now moved to Android!

OMG best thing I EVER did!! Goodbye WP7 forver :(
    08-30-2012 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD