HTC HD7 TMO US 7.8 Update Steps.

alerton

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Well i couldnt get any answer from HTC or O2 about when / if 7.8 would be comming to my beloved old HD7. Gave the XP version of this a go and it worked just fine first time. Thanks for all your hard work on this. :winktongue:

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I tried all the steps: but it is not working. I am getting the "Timeout occured while waiting for the device to re boot.

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║ WP7 Update Cab Sender xboxmod-Yuki 2011 ║
╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

╠══════? S ?(S)end Cabs to device

╠══════? B ?Send Cabs to device with (B)ackup

╠══════? R ?(R)estore device backup

╠══════? L ?Read last Update (L)ogs from device

╚══> Your choice: B

╔══════? Creating list of cabs

╠══════? Backup and updating device

UpdateWP version 4.8.2345.0

Applying updates to device
Name: HTC HD7
KITLName: QSD8XXX09267002
Manufacturer: HTC
ModelId: 4
Model: HD7
MobileOperator: TMO-US
Version: 07.10.08107.03-00.00.00000.00-00.00.00000.00

Checking your phone's status: Completed in 0.02 seconds
Checking system requirements: Completed in 0.32 seconds
Downloading updates: Completed in 2.4 seconds
Checking system requirements: Completed in 0.05 seconds
Transferring updates: Completed in 0.45 seconds
Preparing to install: Completed in 2.02 seconds
Restarting your phone..Error: Timeout occured while waiting for the device to re
boot.

╚══════? Done
Press any key to continue . . .

Can someone help with this?

locokip

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I tried the Zune opening trick with no luck. Maybe I'll reboot it again and retry. I'm just trying to limp this 'ole HD7 along another month or so until upgrade, but it would be a shame to lose the last month or two of full res photos. :(

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I tried all the steps: but it is not working. I am getting the "Timeout occured while waiting for the device to re boot.

╚══> Your choice: B

╔══════? Creating list of cabs

╠══════? Backup and updating device

Applying updates to device
Name: HTC HD7
KITLName: QSD8XXX09267002
Manufacturer: HTC
ModelId: 4
Model: HD7
MobileOperator: TMO-US
Version: 07.10.08107.03-00.00.00000.00-00.00.00000.00

Checking your phone's status: Completed in 0.02 seconds
Checking system requirements: Completed in 0.32 seconds
Downloading updates: Completed in 2.4 seconds
Checking system requirements: Completed in 0.05 seconds
Transferring updates: Completed in 0.45 seconds
Preparing to install: Completed in 2.02 seconds
Restarting your phone..Error: Timeout occured while waiting for the device to re
boot.

╚══════? Done

Can someone help with this?
From what I can find on this is just keep trying it again. Maybe try a different usb port or cable.

Nagendra S

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Vola, this is really cool. Have been checking for updates from 7.5 - 7.8 in Zune and always returned with phone up to date. Used your step by step procedure and am now updated to the latest version. Great work. Thank you

Baldo Ficalora

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Successfully Updated to the Newest update 15 MAR 2013 (8862), thanks again

UPDATE!!!!!!!
i just want you guys to know that MY LIVE TILES ARE WORKING 100% NO ISSUES, even before this update i had ZERO ISSUES with the LIVE TILES,

so just to be clear
LIVE TILES ARE WORKING 100% NO ISSUES
HTC HD7 T-Mobile US

Last edited:

Martin Nachev

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
:love::love::love:
Worked perfectly, took about 1 hour to complete.
Many thanks for the effort mate! You've made my day.

Just a tipi: if you get the "file not found" error when using the WP7 Update Cab Sender, just launch CMD from the start menu and cd to your CAB Sender folder on your desktop. This is because Windows doesn't always open CMD in the folder from whihc you are launching your batch file.

Again, thanks a lot! Works perfect!

thanthan27

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
hello sir..would you mind telling me if how come i cannot update my tmo to 7.8 after i follow the procedures that you provide..the thing is even if i follow the steps the you give i still don't get the update...and i have some question sir...like when i connect my phone to zune.. you say that close the tune application.. and i do that but in the end after all the correct procedure i still don't get any update..huhuhuhuhu what should i do

Baldo Ficalora

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
hello sir..would you mind telling me if how come i cannot update my tmo to 7.8 after i follow the procedures that you provide..the thing is even if i follow the steps the you give i still don't get the update...and i have some question sir...like when i connect my phone to zune.. you say that close the tune application.. and i do that but in the end after all the correct procedure i still don't get any update..huhuhuhuhu what should i do

well u need to follow ALL the steps on the 1st page, exactly as u seem them, u need to find out which system software ur phone is on currently & need to start from there, then update to the next update vers. & so on until u reach the final update vers. Your not going to "receive" an update, ur basically "forcing" the update using the CAB sender methods.

thanthan27

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
sir do you have a link or video tutorial so that i can understand or do the right thing when i update my device..

phone name: htc hd7
carrier: t mobile us
software: windows phone 7.5

os ver: 7.10.8107.79
firmware revision:2250.21.51202.531
hardware revison number: 0002
radio software ver: 5.71.09.02a_22.51.50.21u
radio hardware version: a.12.0d4
bootloader ver:5.12.2250.0135916

thats the complete info of my device..i really want to update my hd7 so please assist me...and last question,do you have any idea how can i transfer files to my hd7 without using zune??thank you very much sir baldo...

Baldo Ficalora

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
sir do you have a link or video tutorial so that i can understand or do the right thing when i update my device..

phone name: htc hd7
carrier: t mobile us
software: windows phone 7.5

os ver: 7.10.8107.79
firmware revision:2250.21.51202.531
hardware revison number: 0002
radio software ver: 5.71.09.02a_22.51.50.21u
radio hardware version: a.12.0d4
bootloader ver:5.12.2250.0135916

thats the complete info of my device..i really want to update my hd7 so please assist me...and last question,do you have any idea how can i transfer files to my hd7 without using zune??thank you very much sir baldo...

plz go back & check the 1st post here
http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-hd-7-7s/214694-htc-hd7-tmo-us-7-8-update-steps.html#post1876003
its very easy to follow the steps.

start from the very beginning following the directions. there is no way u can mess up if u just follow it, as i did
the tutorial is designed for everything to be NEAT & as simple as possible. you just need to READ & FOLLOW.

I COULD make a video but i cannot right now until maybe Wednesday, cause all my update files ive Dled from here are on my PC @ work, & im off till Weds,

as for ur 2nd question about transfer files to hd7 without using Zune, YES there is a way of doin it but its nor recommended & i just say stick with ZUNE, its ur best bet, but if anything u can read about it here --
http://downloadsquad.switched.com/2...a-windows-phone-7-device-in-windows-explorer/
or -- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=975401

it worked for me but i still use Zune anyways lol

Last edited:

thanthan27

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
sir baldo..this is what i get every time i switch files from folder 8107-8112 up to 8860-8862...

'CHOICE' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

╔══════? Collecting logs from device

Collecting logs from device 729e4366 - f6bae079 - b4a356ac - 043ab8e4

Device logs saved to "C:\Documents and Settings\SARAH\Desktop\CAB sender\tools\x
86\DeviceUpdateLog\729e4366 - f6bae079 - b4a356ac - 043ab8e4_Mar_30_2013_08_35_0
8.3281"

╠══════? Moving files to logs directory

╠══════? Cleaning useless files

╚══════? Done
Terminate batch job (Y/N)?

after i choose "s" the process will read but it always ends up like that one on the top...take note: it doesn't show any success word in the cmd..what could have been the problem?? and if i connect my phone to zune do i "x" or completely closed it??its been 5 hours and still no luck..i really do the right steps..i think video tutorial is the best way for a newbie like me, :(

Baldo Ficalora

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Keep in mind you need to update like this
1,2,3,4,5,6,7 (chronological order)
Example:
“8107-8112”, “8112-8773”, ”8773-8779”, “8779-8783”, “8783-8858”, "8858-8860", "8860-8862"

Not 1,& then 7 directly (random order)
Example:
“8107-8112”, "8860-8862"
it wont work this way

Are u doing it as directed?

Last edited:

Spyder Z

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Heh, I Hate creating a profile just to make a post, but I felt that this post was awesome enough to warrant it. It works, I <3 you, and if anyone is having a zunecfg.dll error, you probably (like me) let zune auto install when you plugged your phone in the first time, which ends up with a non-standard install. Remove it via whichever of these instructions works for you, and then Install it from scratch. Make sure during the install that you "Click the Folder to choose Directory" and put it in the "C:\Program Files\Zune" Directory. After that, this works a treat. Again, Thanks sinlessearth! ^.^

rocki30

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure what the issue is here. All of my pictures were still there and nothing was lost. Did the restore work? If it does I would sync everything in Zune, do the update, and the add them back by Zune.

I am not sure what the issue is here. All of my pictures were still there and nothing was lost. Did the restore work? If it does I would sync everything in Zune, do the update, and the add them back by Zune.

Not sure what happened m8, I noticed the pics were synced to a different folder. I had settings in Zune set to do a manual sync and no to delete after sync. However, it seemed the pics were sync, music not and all pics and music and vids removed from phone. Music and vids I have backed up anyway, and good thing my pics were synced. Maybe my settings got changed somehow along the way.

Thanks for the tip though.

HdHunter

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, on Friday I finally got around to installing 7.8 on my T-Mobile US HD7 that was running version 8107. Despite seeing the red error message and having to install extra language files from XDA, it was much easier than I expected and it went smoothly. T-Mobile should be ashamed for not rolling the update to us. It works great and all the live tiles are flipping and updating. Some a bit too much. We all know that story.

Thanks to all the developers and Sinlessearth

kaitenus

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Update successful !!! Thanks a lot !!!

location: Slovakia, provider: Orange, language: ENG, update from 8773 to 8862, no problems (I only had to use engineering tool)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786