HTC HD7 TMO US 7.8 Update Steps.

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
For the few that are having issues. I'm sorry that I cannot help you resolve them. I only created the instructions because this is how I was able to update my phone with success. Nobody ever mentions if their phone is a TMO phone. I'm sure that could be some of the issues also if you have ever tried to other methods. These can all effect the outcome. If I were you and I had these issue I would restore my phone with the back-up you should have created and try the process again. If it still does not work then I would leave it at 7.5

HdHunter

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the US and have an HTC HD7. Once I updated my phone to 7.8, I did have a problem with wi-fi. Everything was back to normal right after I rebooted the phone.

PicodeGalla

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Boom!!! And done!!! Super easy and best of all, it worked. Great post!!! Next challenge, put windows phone 8 on your T-Mo HD7, then you may get some royalties!!!

Jolll12345

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
i tried doing it serveral times but i get an error in red letters...its like this;
Error:
Update device 66f8b6e4 - aa2f00f8 - a150cc2 - d735c650 complete witg error code : 8018119c, error message: can't download the update because BITS <Background Intelligent Transfer Service> job couldn't be created.....
pls heeeelllppp me..

gonzalo ortiz

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
good morning
I have a htc hd7 with version 7720 as I can get updates 7720-7740, 7740-8107, and Aque think that for this reason will not let me update, mine is 16G, thank you for your collaboration.

ctim911

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
please help i follow you steps working fine.7.5to 7.8. but when i make a call my phone pad disappear i can not see phone pad but i still receiver call i can not hang up unless peoples you call hang up.. after they hang up. phone pad came back.(note during call you can not cancel or END call unles take batery off to End the call) please help me fix this problem.:cry:

Fabio Martinez

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Please I need help, I started the facility last night and everything was fine, come to install two updates without problem but could not continue for the time, it was late, I decided to continue it today but tube a problem with my machine, then try to continue the repair installation process but I went out this error ... "ERROR: timeout occurred while waiting for the device to reboot" and to restore stayed with this version installed "8107-8112" the first upgrade I did, and every time I try to update I get this "ERROR: timeout occurred while waiting for the device to reboot ". appreciate your help.

Por favor necesito ayuda, comence las instalaciones anoche y todo iba bien, llegue a instalar dos actualizaciones sin problema pero no pude continuar por la hora, ya era tarde, decidi continuarlo hoy pero tube un problema con mi maquina, luego de repararla intente continuar el proceso de instalacion pero me salia este error... "ERROR: timeout occurred while waiting for the device to reboot" y al restaurarlo se quedo con esta version instalada "8107-8112" la primera actualizacion que hice, y cada vez que intento actualizarlo me sale esto "ERROR: timeout occurred while waiting for the device to reboot". agradeceria su ayuda.

usamah7

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Greattttt work, thanks alot!!
my only 2 problems are:

1) ARABIC!!
2) Wifi goes auto off as screen is turned off??

is there any way to fix the Wifi?? Thanks again!

usamah7

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
@gonzalo ortiz, you update starting from the one that comes after 7740 which is yours, if that's what you meant? and that's what Sinlessearth has xplained.

Kim V1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much for posting this. I had successfully updated my HD7 phone to 7.8 from 7.5. It didn't went out smoothly at first when I have extracted instead of just copying the entire zip Cab and language files to the folders, which I think should be mentioned in your post as I have done the same thing as member Aussiedog61 did.That cleared up my problems. Another problem was when my phone wasn't showing the bar when it was ready to be update, I figured it was stuck and froze when it was just showing the phone and computer for more than 5 minutes. So, what I did was just hit the off button on my phone and turn it back on again....this time it worked and starting updating again. So if anyone have problems with that try turning it off and on again. Hope this helps. :)

chiwoks40

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
pls, i've tried the above steps correctly, about htc hd7 update. but the problem here is that it refused to update and also talks about my zune, as in the version not supported

nessa_1378

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I am trying to update my windows htc hd 7 and everything was running smooth until I got to the file 8783-8858, from here it wont finish the download it keeps saying unsuccessfully. My phone say something about the Zune software and I restart everything but nothing still. So can you please help me !!!!! lol :excited:

Dajuan Drake

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey...Thanks alot im in the home stretch so to speak, I get an error at the end of the first update after my phone resets twice...Do you think you or anyone whos had success could lend me a hand ?

chiwoks40

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your efforts, but pls am having a big problem here ------ when updating my it show updat succesful with an ERROR, what could be the problem?

WPfanatic2013

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to update my HTC HD7 to 7.8, I am currently running 7.5
This is my phone info
OS version: 7.10.8107.79
Firmware revision number: 2250.21.51202.531
Hardware revision number: 0002
Radio software version: 5.71.09.02a_22.51.50.21U
Radio hardware version: A.12.0.D4
Bootloader version: 5.12.2250.0(135916)
Chip SOC version: 2.2.5.0