HTC HD7 TMO US 7.8 Update Steps.

WPfanatic2013

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I know you may be tired of the replies but I really need help!!!
My phone is TMO. I am trying to update my HTC HD7 to 7.8, I am currently running 7.5
When I tryied the first step it did not go thru. It says my current version of zune is not the verified version. I am attempying this with the CAB sender tho......
This is my phone info
OS version: 7.10.8107.79
Firmware revision number: 2250.21.51202.531
Hardware revision number: 0002
Radio software version: 5.71.09.02a_22.51.50.21U
Radio hardware version: A.12.0.D4
Bootloader version: 5.12.2250.0(135916)
Chip SOC version: 2.2.5.0

For the few that are having issues. I'm sorry that I cannot help you resolve them. I only created the instructions because this is how I was able to update my phone with success. Nobody ever mentions if their phone is a TMO phone. I'm sure that could be some of the issues also if you have ever tried to other methods. These can all effect the outcome. If I were you and I had these issue I would restore my phone with the back-up you should have created and try the process again. If it still does not work then I would leave it at 7.5

Baldo Ficalora

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Just make sure you have the latest vers of ZUNE before you start,
plz go back & re read the directions

as far as i know of to this date, TMO hasn't released the 7.8 Update for us yet, thus the reason to FORCE this update manually

i to have HD7 TMO

Last edited:

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I know you may be tired of the replies but I really need help!!!
My phone is TMO. I am trying to update my HTC HD7 to 7.8, I am currently running 7.5
When I tryied the first step it did not go thru. It says my current version of zune is not the verified version. I am attempying this with the CAB sender tho......
This is my phone info
OS version: 7.10.8107.79
Firmware revision number: 2250.21.51202.531
Hardware revision number: 0002
Radio software version: 5.71.09.02a_22.51.50.21U
Radio hardware version: A.12.0.D4
Bootloader version: 5.12.2250.0(135916)
Chip SOC version: 2.2.5.0

It is not that I am tired of replies at all. If I could help I would but I really cannot help. If something goes wrong I am not able to help. I also no longer use a windows phone so I cannot even test things anymore and have moved back to Blackberry for the time being. One reason I moved back was because of how hard it is to get updates when the carrier does not release them. For everyone that has had success I hope you are enjoying 7.8. For those that are having issues I am sorry that I cannot help. I appears that Baldo Ficalora still has the HD7 and can maybe help from time to time.

Baldo Ficalora

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
This is true ...
i DO have my HTC HD7 [TMO] still & i AM enjoying 7.8 very much,
the problem here is that I CANNOT SEE what other people are doing on other peoples PC's when things go WRONG,
so if u dont FOLLOW THE DETAILED STEPS, then u might encounter complications,

me myself i didnt have NOT ONE SINGLE PROBLEM UPDATING, thanks to this guide provided,

so again thank you sinlessearth

MY TIP:

MAKE SURE UR IN ADMINISTRATOR MODE before doing anything
run the apps as ADMIN, i think most ppl make this mistake

on a side note:
will there be any additional updates coming soon or the future?

Last edited:

wlfl

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
hello sir,

i am very glad and thankful to you for giving us such a great update in detail, i from india and i have htc hd7 with 7.5 and i want to upgrade it and as per your instruction i download all files now only one confusion is that in step no.23 you stated that "make your choice chose "S" or "B" " so please give me detais about this option what will effect if i am going to choose "S" or "B". So i can choose proper option and can enjoy upgraded phone......................

wlfl

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
hello sir,

i am very glad and thankful to you for giving us such a great update in detail, i from india and i have htc hd7 with 7.5 and i want to upgrade it and as per your instruction i download all files now only one confusion is that in step no.23 you stated that "make your choice chose "S" or "B" " so please give me detais about this option what will effect if i am going to choose "S" or "B". So i can choose proper option and can enjoy upgraded phone......................

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
hello sir,

I cannot remember which option is which but one is to create a backup and one is to continue without a backup. When you run the program it will tell you which one is which.

Because some people have issues here is what you should do. Chose the option to make a backup. After it is complete make a copy of it and move it to a safe place. Follow the rest of the steps for the update. If something goes wrong. Move a copy of the backup into the original folder and restore.

Rach5351

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to follow the steps but I get the message... Error: The installed version of ZuneWMDU <4.8.2345.0> doesn't match the tool version <4.8.2134.0>

Any tips for fixing this?

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to follow the steps but I get the message... Error: The installed version of ZuneWMDU <4.8.2345.0> doesn't match the tool version <4.8.2134.0>

Any tips for fixing this?

You can try 2 things.
1: check to see if there is an updated WPtool. I cannot look for it now because I am at work. Maybe on the tech mobile site that I linked on the instructions if it exists.
2: search for an older copy of Zune I believe Zune may have been updated after my instructions were created and someone shared the WPtool. Maybe you can find and old 4.8.2134 version of zune.

david kengere

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi.

I have HTC HD7 TMO US phone. I have tried using the update steps that you have provided. I followed the instruction as stated. I managed to get the 8107 ? 8112 properly updated but the second stage did not successfully update.

The DOS window gives the following message on completion of the updating of 8112 ? 8773:
Error: update device 6cf8d925 ? 184ddd559 ? 719d0420 ? cc5845f5 complete with error code: 8018004D, error message: IU <Image update> installation failed on phone: No applicable packages

Whereas the phone gives a message ?Update unsuccessful?.
Where did I go wrong and what can I do?

David

blackcute27

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
hi Sinlessearth,

i did download all the files and got to the point of updating my htc hd7 windows 7.5 with details as follows: carrier at&t, OS: 7.10.7720.68, Firmwire Revision: 2250.21.40505.502, Hardware Revision: 0002, Radio: A.24.0.D4, Bootloader version: 4.5.2250.0(129185), Chip SOC: 2.2.50. during the update process the fone restart normally about two times and i got an error: Update device 377ab486 - ef1648a3 - 35242e8b complete with error code: 80180048, error message: IU (Image Update) installation failed due to an error.
please where did i go wrong, kindly help me to update the fone. Thanks in advance

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb