No Internet Connection Sharing on Orange UK

MunkyBoy

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Just had a chat with HTC support who have let me know that the Firmware enabling Internet Connection Sharing on the HTC Mozart is being blocked by Orange in the UK. Here's a cut+paste from the chat, the query was "Will the Firmware update enabling Internet Connection Sharing on the HTC Mozart be made available to Orange UK users?"

• Him: Hi XXXXX, thank you for contacting HTC Support, I am looking in to your query now.
  • Him: OK. At the moment we cannot confirm as this needs to be confirmed by Orange due to a business conflit. Be aware that Orange also sells Broadband services and as we seen with Andorid devices the Tethering options has been removed.
  • Me: So Orange are purposefully blocking the feature?
  • Him: Correctly

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

That's a bit stingy of them as most of the other UK networks have enable tethering on their WP devices.

Whatever happened to 'The Future's Bright, The Future's Orange' ?

Glad i'm not with Orange. :(

Welcome along to WPCentral MunkyBoy. :)

MunkyBoy

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
In all honesty I would probably never use it as a Hotspot but I find the fact that a feature of the OS/Phone is being blocked a bit offensive.

Will be moving both my personal and work contracts away from Orange as soon as possible, they're a bit of a nightmare in general.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss