Anyone interested in getting the HTC W8?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
This still just a rumor?

Yes. The original leak was from evleaks which is often accurate:

Bora777

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
If it resembles the One M8 in terms of design and construction it would certainly be tempting, but knowing HTC it would probably exclude wireless charging and that is an important factor for me.

ajscalingi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I understand no date has been set for the release as it's just speculation at this point. That said, could anyone wager a guess as to when they think it may arrive? I ask because I just shattered my screen on my Icon. No insurance, SOL I know. Beyond the camera on the Icon I was a bit underwhelmed (hard for me to admit as I'm an avid supporter of WP. Because my Icon is now almost unusable I may get the HTC M8. But, if the W8 comes out within the next month or so I would wait out; guessing that's wishful thinking, though. Thanks in advance for any help.

Existence_Inc

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
If it turns out to be the One (M8) with WP8.1, I would consider replacing my Lumia ICON. I love my buddy's M7. However if it turns out to be a lesser device, no chance.

~Ex

Bataar

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I currently own a Lumia 1520 so I won't be replacing it, but as much as I would like more manufacturers to embrace Windows Phone, I'd be leery of this. I have family members who own HTC 8X, I owned an HTC HD7 and a couple of friends own various HTC Android phones and I've yet to see one with a decent, not even good, but decent camera.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
It may be the E8 with a second camera, since that was part of the rumor. Or it may be aluminum cased. My guess is the price for the E8 will be more appealing and Verizon is going to push it if it's an exclusive.

At my local stores they now put the Samsung ATIV SE next to the Galaxy, so a new HTC WP8.1 phone would sit next to the One M8. That at least gets people scoping out Android looking at them.

I'd guess 16GB, microSD expansion, 1080p screen, Snapdragon 800.

LeopardSurd

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I will consider it if it will be like One E8 (Ace). I prefer a larger battery and a lower ppi for the display. 441 ppi pixel density from One E8 is just a waste of hardware and battery. For me it's enough a display with 300 ppi.

Connor Price

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
If it's an HTC M8 with WP8.1, then yes. I would be VERY interested. Only problem is, I don't live in the US. Therefore, I'm pretty much out of luck. Not that I would've been able to afford it anyway xD

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I am in for one if its made. I loved my original TELUS hero. I actually still have it. The m8 is the nicest design in phones right now. So if the design is very similar, and its a powerhouse then I'm.very interested.

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I currently own a Lumia 1520 so I won't be replacing it, but as much as I would like more manufacturers to embrace Windows Phone, I'd be leery of this. I have family members who own HTC 8X, I owned an HTC HD7 and a couple of friends own various HTC Android phones and I've yet to see one with a decent, not even good, but decent camera.

The 8x camera is fine.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I was leaning towards importing a 930 but this has a bigger battery and SD slot... Plus the 801 and more RAM. I have a negative history with HTC, but if my carrier picks this up if/when it goes global I might have to snag it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon