Anyone interested in getting the HTC W8?

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Seconded. I hope they make a global version. I would really love to get my hands on one. Else I have to order one through eBay and loose 4G/LTE in the Netherlands like on my 928. But I'm glad Verizon is GSM unlocked :)

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a bad taste in my mouth from the HTC Trophy and numerous failing loud speakers. I had mine fail under less than normal use 5 times, until I upgraded to the Lumia 521 and 925. I'll stay away from HTC, on any platform.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

eugen serban

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I would very much like to get a new HTC. All my smartphones so far were HTCs: the Magic, Desire and 8X. Beautiful phones and they never failed me.

Mmazeo

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Will def hold off on my upgrade to give it a look. If it's got the right specs and looks like the M8, it will be tough to say no to that.

The_Vermonster

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'll W8 and see what the first reviews say about it. I'm kinda a Nokia guy myself, but they seem to have become a little complacent as the #1 WP manufacturer. I'd like to see some competition again.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
When WP8 came out, the 920 won a lot of reviews, but eventually the 8X became a more attractive daily driver for those who could grab either in the morning (including or own WPC guy). I still get asked about mine 1-1/2 years into the hardware cycle. I say to W8 and see what's coming. I just hope it doesn't end up as a carrier exclusive!!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The HTC M8 equivalent would be a beast! Nokias are supposed to be well built and I'm a fan of them (my sig) but this one has been drooling me all over...

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't want to buy another HTC product because of negative personal experience; but I do hope it ends up being a great phone that gets then good sales.

loki993

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I may be if its basically the M8 with windows on it. the problem though is Im coming from a Rezoud and the battery life in it is just horrible because of the screen. HTCs have never been known for having great battery life....so this concerns me a bit. Plus I kind of need a new phone now, as my rezound is all but nearly unusable now.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I love the M8 aesthetics. I think it's the best looking smartphone out there. Actually, I've always liked HTC hardware. I've just had consistently bad experiences with the software side of their devices.

The first HTC device I owned had terrible graphics performance, despite coming with a decent GPU. It made no sense to me, until I discovered that HTC had refused to license the GPU driver from the SoC developer, so all graphics operations were rendered in software. HTC listed the SoC on their spec sheets, but nowhere did they mention that half of that SoC had been disabled, despite it being a rather expensive device. This was the first time I felt HTC cut too many software costs without being upfront about it. I had two more similar experiences, after which I decided HTC wouldn't be getting any more of my money.

I'd much prefer a device from Microsoft/Nokia, but right now I find their hardware choices very disappointing. If the W8 came out now I'd be very tempted.

loki993

May 6, 2014
Visit site
So HTC can forget it exists 15 minutes after it drops? No thanks.

Yeah that could be a problem. Coming from android this never concerned me because the community was always there for upgrades. I don't think Ive ever actually taken an OTA upgrade from my carrier or manufacturer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077