Flash WP to att HTC One M8?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't have, never had, and don't plan to buy the HTC One M8 for either Windows or Android. But I'd happily buy you more data so you could post your instructions immediately if there was a convenient way to do it!

Did you try flashing it back to Windows?

russellvone

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
No, I haven't tried flashing back to windows, I don't have access to an ruu for the windows rom, it has some pieces I need to attempt it, and I will for the good of the community, once an ruu is either leaked or released

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
No, I haven't tried flashing back to windows, I don't have access to an ruu for the windows rom, it has some pieces I need to attempt it, and I will for the good of the community, once an ruu is either leaked or released

For some reason I thought you went the other way- android to WP. In order to flash an android ROM you'd have to have somehow gotten android to match secureboot's keys and properly function in secureboot in general... Unless you're telling us you've managed to overwrite the bootloader, which is not a small feat either.

Sorry, I do not doubt that it is possible- my doubt is just that XDA has gotten nowhere with it and someone on windowscentral a) managed to do it alone in an evening, and b) reported it to windowscentral instead of XDA.

I mean... in my mind that's like the equivalent of NASA launching a probe to explore the moon Io, and finding that the DPRK's space program has a manned research station there!

russellvone

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I've been on XDA for years, and also reported it there......

I'll show everybody the EDIT SECOND weekend of February. I was only letting everybody know that it has been done, and will have a tutorial soon.

Good day everyone.......

Dumb luck isn't genius or anything

And the method it has been accomplished with isn't new either

Google and a will to try different things.........

Also I'm close enough to NASA that it's possible that I learned how to from there...

Last edited:

russellvone

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Are the disbelievers ready for the tutorial this weekend?

Head over to XDA and keep a eye out for

[CONVERSION] Verizon HTC One M8 WP8.1 Into Android [BE READY TO BRICK YOUR DEVICE]

russellvone

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Oh so this doesn't work on the non Verizon M8's?

I dunno.... Don't have any non Verizon m8's to try with......

But I'm sure any GSM capable device could do this

Just have to set up different parts of the instructions to match that device.....

But I'm very positive that the CDMA devices would just stay bricks

russellvone

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone over here have access to any Windows m8 RUU?

I don't care what carrier

But it has to be official....

If you do, I'll be able to write and upload a tutorial for Android users to play with Windows of they want

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone over here have access to any Windows m8 RUU?

I don't care what carrier

But it has to be official....

If you do, I'll be able to write and upload a tutorial for Android users to play with Windows of they want

I believe I saw a thread related to that in XDA.
Don't lead people on too much without anything to show for.

russellvone

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I believe I saw a thread related to that in XDA.
Don't lead people on too much without anything to show for.

It's not official, I need official

I'm not leading anybody on. You guys are the Windows crew, XDA is mostly Android (for the m8)

I can already flash from Windows to Android, but there are people who would like to try the Windows for whatever reason, but the only way is either to buy the device or, I could do my dumb luck with it and right a tutorial for that also.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not official, I need official

I'm not leading anybody on. You guys are the Windows crew, XDA is mostly Android (for the m8)

I can already flash from Windows to Android, but there are people who would like to try the Windows for whatever reason, but the only way is either to buy the device or, I could do my dumb luck with it and right a tutorial for that also.

we dont do nearly as much under-the-hood heavy lifting in terms of modding and other fanciness here.(we do get some light-duty stuff, but most users here aren't as inclined as the people over at XDA.) XDA may be Android-focused as of now, but its the best place to go. It's been the venue for WP7 ROMs, etc.

Why dont you just hop on over there and post all the information you have? Surely someone else can work magic with it, validate it, w/e.

russellvone

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
You guys think I came here first.... No

XDA is always first......

But if there are other resources I will attempt to use them for the greater gain of myself.

Thanks for everyone's help and support, but this will be my last post in this thread/forum/website

russellvone

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Looked like I got sucked back in to post here again ;) good news, I've got my hands on a WP RUU, and am working with the guy I got it from this weekend to have conversions both ways

Android to Windows

&

Windows to Android

Dexter505

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Looked like I got sucked back in to post here again ;) good news, I've got my hands on a WP RUU, and am working with the guy I got it from this weekend to have conversions both ways

Android to Windows

&

Windows to Android

This will be interesting. I would like to test Windows out on a decent device without having to buy one. I will believe it when I see it though. Can't wait!

Last edited:

Dexter505

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
This guy is a fake. He claimed he flashed Windows Phone M8 to Android over on XDA but did not show any proof. He just wanted some online attention I guess. lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa