Does this have glance?

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I own an Icon and love it, but the more I read about/ look at the HTC One the more enticed I get. Glance might just push me to the darkside.
:devil:

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
It will however have the Dot View case, which basically mimics the Glance screen except with more interactivity (i.e. direct integration with Cortana, ability to answer calls without opening the case, etc.)

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It will however have the Dot View case, which basically mimics the Glance screen except with more interactivity (i.e. direct integration with Cortana, ability to answer calls without opening the case, etc.)

Dude, you're not helping my wallet or relationship with my Icon. Home-wrecker...

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I really don't get why Nokia put that cheap display in the Icon/930. I own a Lumia 1020 and set the glance to stay on always. Whenever I take it out from my pocket, the time and notifications come up with me doing nothing. Looks great on the AMOLED display and uses negligible battery. My Lumia also serves as a desk clock... The Dot View case, as mentioned, seems superior to glance. So if you miss so many nice things with the Icon, you may get the HTC.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Dude, you're not helping my wallet or relationship with my Icon. Home-wrecker...

The only thing I would be worrying about going from an Icon to the One would be the camera....you're going to sorely miss the OIS...and the camera has 5 times LESS megapixels too. The photos themselves don't look too bad (my friend bought the Android One M8 last week), but once you zoom in it gets ugly.. Otherwise it's a bloody great phone

Existence_Inc

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Another advantage is that the M8 comes with WP8.1.1 and the Icon doesn't. If the M8 features a notification light (dot view case is pretty sweet) and is available in red, I'll trade my Icon in a heartbeat.

~Ex

Quinn FitzGerald

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Another advantage is that the M8 comes with WP8.1.1 and the Icon doesn't. If the M8 features a notification light (dot view case is pretty sweet) and is available in red, I'll trade my Icon in a heartbeat.

~Ex

Last I checked in WP, the notification light only works for "low battery" and "charging" hopefully 8.1 changes that :)

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I've read that the dot view will only come on when you double tap the case (after it stays on a few seconds when initially closing the cover). Does it stay on when the phone is charging? I love checking the glance screen while the phone is on my bedside table, desk, etc. Obviously a first world problem if the dot view doesn't stay on all the time, but still I'm curious.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea