Who's Ordering Today?

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
So who's going to order one today, and who's waiting to get one from a store tomorrow? I'm currently using an M8 - Android, and it's my favorite between my Galaxy S5 and iPhone 5s. I like it even better than my Note 3. A lot of that is because of the software, but it's a beautiful phone.

Windows Phone still doesn't have some of my apps that I use daily, like May My Ride. Well, it has that app but it's horrible on Windows Phone. But I'm willing to over look the lack of apps, or good apps, for a phone like this.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to wait and check it out in store tomorrow. I want to see how bad the camera is in person before I completely write off this phone.

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I am from the US, but I am on AT&T and part of a family plan. I also get a discount through the company I work for to be on AT&T.

Otherwise I would be there right now getting the phone.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to wait and check it out in store tomorrow. I want to see how bad the camera is in person before I completely write off this phone.

Head over to AndroidCentral and to the M8 forum there The camera isn't bad, and it captures low light pics better than any other Android phone. The whole "camera sucks" thing is so over rated with the M8.

Unless you plan to print out poster size prints of your cat or the plate of food you had for dinner, it's fine.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I am from the US, but I am on AT&T and part of a family plan. I also get a discount through the company I work for to be on AT&T.

You can still get the phone, just not subsidized. Verizon phones come unlocked and it should work on AT&T's network since it's a global phone.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

You can't beat the company discount. Maybe AT&T will get it soon. I don't know what it is with HTC and Verizon. I think Verizon pushes HTC phones more than other carriers, so maybe that's why it's an exclusive. Or maybe because they did a similar thing with the Android M8, who knows...

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site

My brother has the M8. The camera is surprisingly good. Gets bright images and does well in low light. The refocus ability goes way beyond what even Nokia's Refocus app offers because of the second camera. It's not the 1020 or 1520, but it does very well compared to other shooters on the 920 or the S5 or the iPhone. For most daily use, it's fine. We're spoiled with Nokia, but most phone camera can never replace a good point and shoot or a DSLR. I still use my point and shoot at times because it has a good 5X optical zoom and a 14.1 megapixel sensor. Truth is that phones can do well, but they are still not specialized. Without an optical zoom, there are limits on what can be done.

The HTC One M8 is not a camera that zooms, but it captures images well and is good for out and about photos.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
You can still get the phone, just not subsidized. Verizon phones come unlocked and it should work on AT&T's network since it's a global phone.

I have heard there are mms issues using a Verizon phone on a GSM network. If that's not true, I would get this phone, since I really don't care about LTE

MBH

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Head over to AndroidCentral and to the M8 forum there The camera isn't bad, and it captures low light pics better than any other Android phone. The whole "camera sucks" thing is so over rated with the M8.

Unless you plan to print out poster size prints of your cat or the plate of food you had for dinner, it's fine.
I take distance shots outdoors which is 90% of my camera shots, distant landscapes, mountains etc. My icon excels at this. If I was an indoor or close up shooter it'd be diff. I'm tempted to get it for the two week return period as a test device. Who knows, it might be fine.

hal Turnage

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Camera is not bad at all. It's not as good as the 1020, or 1520 but it's pretty good. I have the m8 android aa well I can't complain.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers