I love you my Icon, My Baby, but....

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
So many people dis the camera, please look at the hundreds of shots people have put up on this forum. There are some fantastic pics there taken with the HTC One. The camera looks very nice.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So many people dis the camera, please look at the hundreds of shots people have put up on this forum. There are some fantastic pics there taken with the HTC One. The camera looks very nice.

It's a decent camera yes. No one is discrediting that. However when you have grown use to the Nokia quality, it really isn't that special.

If someone tells you not to zoom in/crop and the pictures look good, there's something wrong with that. It's almost like apple saying. "you're holding it wrong"

I could never leave prove reliability with Lumia to risk with HTC who prove to be unreliable just because of a sleek design...and some cool speakers lmao. Oh and the fact I can use it as a remote....that's what I have a remote for lol.

Personally if Nokia didn't exist,I would likely own a HTC. I did actually start with HTC when I joined windows phone 8 as the 8x was amazing. Then I saw the Nokia was best and jumped on that wagon :) I had the 810, 920, 820, 928, 1020 and now the 1520

I almost considered supporting this phone when it comes to att and buying one just for the ffc cuz I love selfies but once again Lumia has me covered with the 730....which likely will have a much better back camera as well (which will be rather disappointing since it is mid range)

Still though I hope it does well enough and perhaps HTC wont be crap this time. If they support this device I may not snub their next release :)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Also more importantly it is kind of sickening that the Lumia side has to be sidelined without any new high end releases for this just to drive sells to HTC. HTC should be able to compete without needing to screw the Lumia side over.

So I will likely be keeping my 1520 and going apple because no new Lumia and I want something new that isn't HTC :)

Shame those that supported the platform by supporting the OEM who did the best are being screwed over in favor of an OEM who has literally done next to nothing just to drum up some sales. Smh....but I guess as a windows phone fan I have to support this phone. I did recommend my roommate to look out for it.

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
It's a decent camera yes. No one is discrediting that. However when you have grown use to the Nokia quality, it really isn't that special.

If someone tells you not to zoom in/crop and the pictures look good, there's something wrong with that. It's almost like apple saying. "you're holding it wrong"

I could never leave prove reliability with Lumia to risk with HTC who prove to be unreliable just because of a sleek design...and some cool speakers lmao. Oh and the fact I can use it as a remote....that's what I have a remote for lol.

Personally if Nokia didn't exist,I would likely own a HTC. I did actually start with HTC when I joined windows phone 8 as the 8x was amazing. Then I saw the Nokia was best and jumped on that wagon :) I had the 810, 920, 820, 928, 1020 and now the 1520

I almost considered supporting this phone when it comes to att and buying one just for the ffc cuz I love selfies but once again Lumia has me covered with the 730....which likely will have a much better back camera as well (which will be rather disappointing since it is mid range)

Still though I hope it does well enough and perhaps HTC wont be crap this time. If they support this device I may not snub their next release :)

The irony of this all is a cheapo point and shoot outperforms any camera phone for a fraction of the price.

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Also more importantly it is kind of sickening that the Lumia side has to be sidelined without any new high end releases for this just to drive sells to HTC. HTC should be able to compete without needing to screw the Lumia side over.

So I will likely be keeping my 1520 and going apple because no new Lumia and I want something new that isn't HTC :)

Shame those that supported the platform by supporting the OEM who did the best are being screwed over in favor of an OEM who has literally done next to nothing just to drum up some sales. Smh....but I guess as a windows phone fan I have to support this phone. I did recommend my roommate to look out for it.

Lulz...how is HTC screwing Lumia over?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Lulz...how is HTC screwing Lumia over?

I didn't imply HTC was. I put that blame on Microsoft for having to appease these OEMs which screws over Lumia fans who do not want this phone and are waiting for this.

It's kind of sad when 920 owners go...well there is no Lumia coming so I guess I will get the m8. So I don't fault HTC for that. Definitely a Microsoft thing.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Try at what? I was stating a fact. Everyone gets uppity about camera phones, when the truth is, they all suck compared to a junk point and shoot.

I was being sarcastic. I'd hope a product specifically made for its purpose, would perform better than a Camera Phone.
Feel free to defend/excuse the M8 shortcomings if you wish, but we're comparing a M8 to an Icon/Lumia products(as well as the iPhone and other competitors). Not a Lumia to a Camera. :)

And from my understandings, phones like the 1020 and the other cameraphone 808, have shown to be at least nearly on par with some cameras as well. There is a reason why even Android fans wanted a 1020/808 with android :)
It's funny to discredit Lumia's camera you want to use a product that it doesn't even compete with :p

Nope, you didn't say that at all.

I also clarified what I said. I was referring to Microsoft when I said screwing over Lumia. I was under the impression that things would business as usual with Microsoft with their devices once they brought Nokia D&S division. In fact i thought it would mean faster releases as well :)
Hence why i supported the buy. Now i'd rather Nokia had stayed separate, kept the crap Nokia X and still released Lumias because i seriously doubt Nokia would not release something high end just for HTC(that'd be stupid lol).

So as I said.....but i'll clarify.

If it is true that HTC didn't bring their phone over unless Microsoft gave them time to shine, HTC should be able to compete with it's speakers, remote thingie, and it's recycled android design and SD card support WITHOUT needing to screw over Lumia. There's no reason why Lumia devices and the M8 can't effectively be released at the same time except for the fact yet again HTC would be delegated to 2nd or 3rd place like they are on Android...

Anyway, we really shouldn't be deraling this thread off the topic just so you can try and dispute my opinion about my thoughts on the phone XD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb