HTC One (M8) for Windows Post your bugs and defects here

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
No overheat issues here. On day one while I was downloading some apps to restore and basically using it non stop for hours getting my stuff all together it got warm, but that was the only time so far. My icon got warm frequently, never hot, but often warm.

starsoccer9

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed it getting warm during restore and when playing graphic intense games for long periods. For example geodefense swarm, Playing for a few mins is no problem but after 20-30 it starts to get warm

pdt

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
A little warm sometimes, similar to other phones I've had. It gets warmest when experiencing the bluetooth issue I described, but not excessive heat.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Trying a hard reset to see if I can fix the problem, but basically the DotView case only worked after hitting the power buttom. When I closed the DotView case, the screen wouldn't turn off, but instead went black while at the same time leaving the status bar on at the top (could see the signal strength, etc through the case). It was as though it was trying to pull a program up but failed. After hitting power, I could then swipe to use Cortana, but nothing else works. Open up the case, and I'm back to normal.

Hopefully this reset will fix it

Edit: Reset fixed the problem. I now have a section in the Settings App called Dot View, which was not there beforehand.

Last edited:

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
While playing music, or games, or videos, periodically the speakers will sound overblown (no matter the volume level). On headphones or over bluetooth, it's totally fine. The speakers are not damaged, as they sound great 90% of the time - just every now and again they sound blown for a few seconds.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
When I fire up Pandora I occasionally get it coming thru only one speaker. The top one seems dead. A reboot fixes it. It hasn't happened often but worth mentioning I guess. Next time it happens I'm going to try shutting it off using task manager and see if that fixes it instead of a reboot.
Edit: OK, did this again while on Pandora and killing the app didn't help. Made a test speaker phone call and it was still on one speaker. Made a 2nd and it was fine again, went back to pandora and still fine. Seems really hit/ miss kind of issue. Don't know that I want to return it for this, might end up with something worse. Curious tho if anyone else is experiencing a silent speaker occasionally.

Last edited:

Meat Sammiches

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Well, mine keeps rebooting. It happened once last night, three times today with the phone just sitting on my desk. Did a hard reset and started from scratch, and it just rebooted again.

Dude! I have had this problem ever since i got my phone. So i went to Verizon a couple of days ago and he said they will do a hard reset on the phone and if it continues they will give me a brand new phone.So he did a hard reset on it and it continued to reset itself periodically throughout the day. When it resets it's usually when it is to the side being completely untouched. I went back to Verizon today and they gave me a new phone. I haven't even had this new phone for 5 hours and it reset itself while it was set aside. I really hope they address this matter.

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just got this phone and it's awesome! But I have noticed the webpages occasionally not responding to touch and the speakers occasionally sounding overblown on any volume level. This makes me feel better as this means my phone is not defective and they're probably just minor bugs that will be fixed in a software update soon.

I've also noticed that sometimes when I push the power button to turn my screen on or off it doesn't recognize the push and I have to do it twice. Also, my phone refused to rotate at all last night despite the rotation lock not being on. I had to restart it to fix it.

All in all, just minor bugs - love this phone!

scotiez

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I've had this phone for all most a month now and it has been perfect till last night. Started random rebooting about every 1 1/2 hours. I have no apps open in the background and I am not using the phone at all while its rebooting. Only one time I was playing music then the music stopped, I looked at my phone and the music program was locked up then the phone just reboot. Has anyone else had this happen and did you fix it?

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I've had this phone for all most a month now and it has been perfect till last night. Started random rebooting about every 1 1/2 hours. I have no apps open in the background and I am not using the phone at all while its rebooting. Only one time I was playing music then the music stopped, I looked at my phone and the music program was locked up then the phone just reboot. Has anyone else had this happen and did you fix it?

Signal fluctuations will between 3G and LTE will cause the phone to reboot.

scotiez

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I have narrowed it down to a software bug of why my phone was rebooting every hour to 1 1/2 hours. 1st I went to the Verizon store last night and they did nothing for me since I had my phone for over 14 days. They told me they could warranty it and have one sent to me instead of just giving me a new one right there, and its not guaranteed that I would get a new one. So I told them to forget it and i'll look for another solution even if I have to purchase one out right.
After I got home from Verizon I searched on the internet again and read many threads on the HTC One m8 rebooting. I have gone into setting and turned off every app that can run in the background EXCEPT for Cortana and my Calendars app. Then I left open the Calendar and Music app instead of closing them. This seems to have done the trick. My phone has now been running for over 17 hours without a reboot. I will slowly turn the apps on to run in the background so I can find out which app was causing trouble. I am sure over time there will be a software update but till now I think I solved my problem.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
After having used my M8 a month now I've noticed sometimes when playing Pandora only one speaker works. A simple reboot fixes it and thankfully this devic e reboots fast. Thought it worth mentioning. Anyone else have this issue?
Edit: I see I posted this above over 3 weeks ago. Still like to know if anyone else has this problem.

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
In reply to cbreze above: It happened to me me once - I've only had it for about two weeks. I noticed it while using the podcast app and then saw that one speaker was off for any audio application. I restarted the phone and it worked fine.

cookiemonsterMoA

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I have had the One M8 Windows for little over 3 weeks ( bought 2, one for me one for wife). I have some manger problems. Since I use the phone a lot to talk to customers I notice the problems a lot more then my wife (she is more of a text person)..
1. When talking to someone the phone will start a conference call with the person im already on the phone with and I then have to disconnect the call and call the person back.
2. When on a call and I pull the phone away from my face the screen is still black. I have to wake up the phone then unlock it and then sometimes its on the call screen where I can end a call or click on a number for automated prompts and sometimes its on the start screen and I get a message that flashes on top of screen to tap here to go to call screen (or something like that).
3. Sometimes the phone will be on the last screen I was on when removing the phone away from my ear and sometimes not.
4. Sometimes when I dial a number and put the phone to my ear I get a quick vibrate and other times I do not.
5. The other day my wife was on her phone talking and when she was walking I seen her phone go from black( locked screen) to white( unlocked screen, her background is white) it looked like a strobe light.
6. Vibrate is very week and I cant even fell it when in my holder on my hip.
7. When in holder the ringer is not that loud.
8. When hooking up phone to my Windows 7 computer it shows in the device manager that there are no drivers found for HTC6995LVW 2 times even throw I have the Windows Phone app for desktop installed and I can view the files in Windows Explorer.

I have talked to Verizon and HTC many times and for 2 hours at a time and that all think it has something to do with the proximity sensor but no one knows what to do. A guy at HTC said that it should not be doing that but in the same sentence he said it sounds like the proximity sensor is working like it should. I have already replaced the phone after a week and a half with a brand new one and that one does it as well. I did a factory reset and still same thing.

Sorry for the long winded post but im about to put this phone in a draw and use my old Droid 3.
Hope someone can help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss