HTC One (M8) for Windows Post your bugs and defects here

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I have had the One M8 Windows for little over 3 weeks ( bought 2, one for me one for wife). I have some manger problems. Since I use the phone a lot to talk to customers I notice the problems a lot more then my wife (she is more of a text person)..
1. When talking to someone the phone will start a conference call with the person im already on the phone with and I then have to disconnect the call and call the person back.
2. When on a call and I pull the phone away from my face the screen is still black. I have to wake up the phone then unlock it and then sometimes its on the call screen where I can end a call or click on a number for automated prompts and sometimes its on the start screen and I get a message that flashes on top of screen to tap here to go to call screen (or something like that).
3. Sometimes the phone will be on the last screen I was on when removing the phone away from my ear and sometimes not.
4. Sometimes when I dial a number and put the phone to my ear I get a quick vibrate and other times I do not.
5. The other day my wife was on her phone talking and when she was walking I seen her phone go from black( locked screen) to white( unlocked screen, her background is white) it looked like a strobe light.
6. Vibrate is very week and I cant even fell it when in my holder on my hip.
7. When in holder the ringer is not that loud.
8. When hooking up phone to my Windows 7 computer it shows in the device manager that there are no drivers found for HTC6995LVW 2 times even throw I have the Windows Phone app for desktop installed and I can view the files in Windows Explorer.

I have talked to Verizon and HTC many times and for 2 hours at a time and that all think it has something to do with the proximity sensor but no one knows what to do. A guy at HTC said that it should not be doing that but in the same sentence he said it sounds like the proximity sensor is working like it should. I have already replaced the phone after a week and a half with a brand new one and that one does it as well. I did a factory reset and still same thing.

Sorry for the long winded post but im about to put this phone in a draw and use my old Droid 3.
Hope someone can help.

I think you might have a lemon. I don't have any of those issues, and mine vibrates so hard that people hear it across the hall.

Dave Schless

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a problem hearing the messaging (texts) app when the phone is in my pocket, even when the volume is set to 10. There is a checkbox on the settings screen that makes the PHONE ring more loudly when it is in a pocket or purse, but it does not increase the volume on the messaging (texts) app when in a pocket...adding to the fact that the phone only vibrates once with an incoming message, I have missed multiple messages in the 2 weeks I've owned the phone...Is there any way to increase the messaging volume? And also to make the phone vibrate multiple times instead of once?

scotiez

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't know of anyway to make it vibrate more than once but you can go in and change the tone set for your messages. I did this cause the one chosen was also hard to hear so I just picked my own in the list that sounded louder.

Dave Schless

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I've tried all the built-in HTC and Microsoft tones and none are loud enough to hear in a pocket if you are outside or even inside with a little ambient noise. I have been looking in the Microsoft App Store for loud SMS tones but it is a daunting task weeding through all the Taylor Swift song snippets and ridiculous Yoda and animal noises, etc...Microsoft should add the "ring louder in a pocket or purse" option to the next update.

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I've tried all the built-in HTC and Microsoft tones and none are loud enough to hear in a pocket if you are outside or even inside with a little ambient noise. I have been looking in the Microsoft App Store for loud SMS tones but it is a daunting task weeding through all the Taylor Swift song snippets and ridiculous Yoda and animal noises, etc...Microsoft should add the "ring louder in a pocket or purse" option to the next update.

Make your own tones. Use Audacity to boost them.

Then they are very, very loud.

Amy Ginther

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
it has done it with the case on and the case off.
In one scenario, it has done it while I was texting someone. In another it has done it when the case has been closed, the phone has just been sitting on my desk and I pick it up to view notifications or whatever.
When I try to screenshot it, it takes a picture as if the phone is normal, thats why I had to use another phone to get those pics. Its odd.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Obviously once you try everything else that doesn't work a hard reset back to factory fresh condition is the last option. If it were me and it got annoying enough I'd save that option for last. Have you.installed anything recently that preceded this?

Amy Ginther

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Nope, I switched to this from an iPhone nearly three weeks ago. It did it in the first few days after purchase, so I guess it could be from an app or the switch process. I really don't know, at the time I didn't think it'd be an on-going problem, but it seems it is. Thank you for your help.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
In reply to cbreze above: It happened to me me once - I've only had it for about two weeks. I noticed it while using the podcast app and then saw that one speaker was off for any audio application. I restarted the phone and it worked fine.

Next time try this, pause your music or pod cast , then pull up Cortana and ask her to tell you a joke, this works perfectly and restarts the speaker. Works everytime and quicker than.a.reboot, also a free laugh from Cortana while ya wait. It's a win/win:)

microhaxo#WP

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 83987
View attachment 83988
My phone does this thing where the screen blows up and I dont know why. Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

Thats the Ease of access setting for screen magnifier. For some reason its set to on so when you tap the screen with 2 fingers (or your face) it magnifies.

Go to settings -> Ease of Access and scroll down to Screen magnifier and slide off.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
@microhaxo#WP has it nailed... This is the ease of access setting. Turning it off will get rid of the issue. It's really easy to get it turned on with the M8 because the glass is a touch higher than the bezel. If you hold the phone 'normally' your palm might be touching the glass at one point and your finger at another - triggering the mode. Turning it off should do the trick.

epyon9283

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I've been having an annoying issue with the camera on the m8. If I take a photo (with the htc camera) it looks fine in the camera app and the Photos app but if I go to share the picture with another application (instagram, whatsapp, etc.) the photo shows up rotated to the right. Anyone else seeing this?

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I've been having an annoying issue with the camera on the m8. If I take a photo (with the htc camera) it looks fine in the camera app and the Photos app but if I go to share the picture with another application (instagram, whatsapp, etc.) the photo shows up rotated to the right. Anyone else seeing this?

No, but that is caused by corrupted or missing exif data, most likely. Have you tried using the Windows Phone camera app and do you see the same results?

garyjk

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
i'm using the developer preview and i'm not getting any location based reminders. I've reset the phone a few times, reset Cortana with no luck.
i'm not sure, but I don't think they've ever worked with this phone. worked fine on the 8x.

anyone else experience this?

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I dont know if anyone else has had this (minor) issue, but a couple particular lockscreen wallpapers that I've used on all my windows phones don't work. What I mean is that when I set them as the lockscreen, the lockscreen changes to the default lockscreen that came with the phone. It's only two of these pictures but they're, ironically, my favorites. Anyone have a potential workaround? Resynching them doesnt work.

GaryCWilliams

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased the HTC One for Windows Phone 8.1 and Verizon and have encountered a frustrating bug: phantom voicemails. The live tile will indicate a new vmail and when accessed, the feature indicates the presence of a single vmail. However when I attempt to retrieve, I'm told there are no messages. I call and leave myself a vmail and when I retrieve and delete that one, the mailbox appears empty. But within a few hours, the vmail notification returns. I've tried resetting the phone, but the problem persists.

I've searched to see if this problem has been encountered elsewhere and evidently, it's a common problem with Android devices, though their forums indicate the problem is fixed by leaving and then deleting a new vmail.

Thoughts?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99