HTC One (M8) for Windows Post your bugs and defects here

sraina

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
BUG with Check deposit. Bank of America - Check deposit issue - When a photo of the check is to be taken, the camera zooms into the check and the image does not fit into the guidebox provided by the app. It is impossible to deposit a check. I have heard the same is the issue with Chase Mobile app

coffeemike

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
THIS. @eypon9283, I have the same problem. Screen rotation lock (mentioned somewhere above in the thread) doesn't affect this. Thank you. I was thinking I was going crazy.

@Adrynalyne, to your question, no - the Windows Phone camera app behaves normally.

One M8 (obv), AT&T, all updated, etc.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually impressed to read there are so little hardware issues. Reboots are usually suspect to bad SD cards, I face reboots with Kingston and Sandisk cards.

That being said, just ordered the M8.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually impressed to read there are so little hardware issues. Reboots are usually suspect to bad SD cards, I face reboots with Kingston and Sandisk cards.

That being said, just ordered the M8.

Congrats! I think you'll enjoy your M8. It's been trouble-free for me since just before Christmas.

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this was the M8 or Verizon tonight, but could not access anything on the web or Cortana in my car (connected to the Bluetooth). Acted like I didn't have a data connection (despite seeing LTE). My GFs Note was working fine. I shut the phone off and turned it back on and everything was fine.

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
One other one I am noticing today:

When listening to music with headphones, when I lock the phone sometimes the volume decreases (as if it is dimming for a notification) and stays low. If I press volume up it increases a little. Then randomly it will go back to full volume and blow out my ear drums haha.

NebsiNsaNe

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Since I got this phone, I seem to have problems with games.. Mostly Gameloft games. Text appears garbled. Anyone else experience this issue and/or know a fix?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, gang, but I am in the minority. My M8 has frozen up, and the screen goes blank. I have sent it in twice for repair. Managed to get a new one in return, but I have had nothing but a miserable time with the customer service and their warranty system.

Hope this is an exception to the rule. LOVED my M8 while it was working, and was a huge fan. Was willing to let the past bad experiences with HTC go. But I feel this is it for me. Gonna cut my losses and just use my somewhat laggy and not nearly as much fun L920 until the W10 devices hit.

I am bitterly bummed. Already miss the audio performance and amazing screen of the lag-free M8. But just can't take the downside of the problems that follow me and HTC.

Won't be a HTC basher. Just not for me.

BBJoe2011

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My HTC is SLOW to download apps and app updates. I can download 5 apps on my Nokia 635 before the HTC downloads one. Also, during this download the phone freezes up and sometimes goes blank. Not sure what's up with it.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
My HTC is SLOW to download apps and app updates. I can download 5 apps on my Nokia 635 before the HTC downloads one. Also, during this download the phone freezes up and sometimes goes blank. Not sure what's up with it.

Not noticing that on my M8. Perhaps a soft reset might resolve the issue.

Larry Amato

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Yes that issue was very frustrating.. :angry:. I found that out a while ago.. I was restarting my phone until I reset the screen magnifier...LOL...

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have the bug that locks in my media volume to where I try to adjust it and it stays at one volume. (loud) I usually end up hard resetting and it fixes the problem, only to come back again. Also my ringers don't seem to want to ring no matter how loud I set them. Same with notifications. Any thoughts?

teddystiles

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have the bug that locks in my media volume to where I try to adjust it and it stays at one volume. (loud) I usually end up hard resetting and it fixes the problem, only to come back again. Also my ringers don't seem to want to ring no matter how loud I set them. Same with notifications. Any thoughts?
Yes! This happened to me. I assumed it was the headphones I was using - maybe the in-line controls were shorting out? I switched to my bluetooth headphones for a few months with no problems, but a few days ago a button broke on them and I switched to a new set of wired headphones. On the brand new wired headphones, just once so far, the opposite has happened - the volume went to zero and I couldn't turn it up by pushing the volume-up button. For the record, these last headphones were the stock HTC ones, which also have in-line controls.

teddystiles

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
So I switched to the HTC One M8 back in April. It is my 5th Windows Phone and it has been hands-down my best Windows Phone experience so far. However, two persistent bugs are just killing me:

1. Cortana is selectively deaf: When I press and hold the search key to talk to Cortana, she won't hear me the first time around. EVER. It's like the mic never even turns on. She listens for the full length of time and then dumps me back to wherever I was without a peep. I can then press and hold the search key a second time, and she works flawlessly. She'll continue to work flawlessly for a few minutes. If I wait another half hour or longer, she's deaf the first time I try again. This is so maddening that I rarely use her anymore, which is sad.
  2. Search button doesn't work in some apps: Usually while in games, if I pull up the keys and tap the search key, nothing happens. Can developers disable the search key, or did Windows Phone 8.1 disable it when in games or something? I have to hit start, then search, which is more than a little annoying.
​Thanks!

LindaFan

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I buy first time HTC mobile but i am very disappointed because face a lot of issues from HTC its very typical to use instead of Samsung so i decide i will sell my HTC mobile and choose again latest Samsung like S6.

sumanthsuresh

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello Everbody
bought HTC one M8 for windows about an year ago . First one had some firm ware issues , while on a call used to auto zoom and freeze and unable to use the phone and had to shut down and restart. Also Used to put the person , I am ocall with on mute or Calls the same person I am talking to . Frequent hanging while running multiple applicaton . So they gave me a new Device, same issues went ahead installed windows 10 preview hoping to fix the issue during one of the updates , the phone bricked. Now othe third device clean bran dnew install its been about 3 weeks same issues ,mutes the person I am on call with or dials the ame person am on call with .
has anybody experienced this .
Suggestions

regards
Sumanth

Kaldaen

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I just got a new HTC M8 from the local Microsoft Store a few weeks ago. For the most part, it is a fantastic upgrade over the HTC 8X I had been using, but it exhibits a few odd behaviors that the old phone never did. The biggest issue is that Cortana's location-based reminders occasionally stop working. The items themselves still show up in the "Remind Me" list, but nothing happens when I arrive at or leave the designated place. Simply restarting the phone does not seem to help, but I've found that I can sometimes get them working again temporarily by disabling Cortana in the app settings (which forces a reboot), and then re-enabling the app after the phone boots back up. I'm not sure what causes it yet, but the location reminders will eventually stop working again, forcing me to go through the process again. My old 8X never had this issue, even when I was using the WP 8.1 Developer Preview.

Even when the location reminders do work, sometimes they're delayed, as though Cortana doesn't know that I've arrived at a place indicated in a reminder. Other apps, like those for maps and driving, have no trouble figuring out where I am, though. I'm wondering if there's a setting that I missed somewhere, or if this is indicative of a more serious hardware malfunction that will get worse over time.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs