HTC One (M8) for Windows Post your bugs and defects here

jphillips1963

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
This is for those who have bought the new HTC One M8 and have found bugs or defects in the device.

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk Pro

jfdavis17

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed that on a couple of websites, issues with scrolling like the screen is frozen. If I close the browser and come back in it usually fixes the issue, but a couple of websites I could not get it to scroll at all.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I have noticed that on a couple of websites, issues with scrolling like the screen is frozen. If I close the browser and come back in it usually fixes the issue, but a couple of websites I could not get it to scroll at all.

Did the site finish loading? (not using a M8) sometimes when the site doesn't respond on my 8x its because I'm too much in a hurry and the site hasn't finished loading yet.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Okay - I just got back from lunch. Pulled the phone from my pocket and it vibrated. When I looked at the screen it was restarting with the HTC logo. After it booted up, the tiles appeared and then scrambled -the screen turned off. It wouldn't turn back on, but when I held down the power button I got the "Slide to power off" message. I powered off and back on, and everything seems okay now. Dunno why it scrambled the video and crashed...

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I may be having something like this issue also. It sometimes doesn't seem to register my finger presses to scroll the page, takes more than one try at times. Funny it seems like forum sites are the worst. In any case I've tried both mobile and desktop settings and also another browser(UC). Didn't help. Its almost like theres a setting somewhere for screen sensitivity that needs adjusting. Don't see one tho.

EDIT: also weird the wpcentral app is almost useless on this phone. Can't even sign in. Doesn't register finger presses for the sign in.

mwdavis84

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I found an issue - when you have rotation lock on, the camera doesn't seem to actually take landscape pictures.

Repro:

1) First, take a picture in landscape with rotation lock off
2) Enable rotation lock
3) Take the same picture
4) Open Photos, look at the two shots

One will be a landscape picture, the other will be a portrait picture rotated 90 degrees.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I may be having something like this issue also. It sometimes doesn't seem to register my finger presses to scroll the page, takes more than one try at times. Funny it seems like forum sites are the worst. In any case I've tried both mobile and desktop settings and also another browser(UC). Didn't help. Its almost like theres a setting somewhere for screen sensitivity that needs adjusting. Don't see one tho.

EDIT: also weird the wpcentral app is almost useless on this phone. Can't even sign in. Doesn't register finger presses for the sign in.

EDIT2: I'm happy to report that this morning my ONE is seemingly awesome again. I'm thinking(hoping)that all it needed was a chance to settle down after everything I threw at it yesterday. Smooth as glass this morning in all areas. Still got 13 days to return. Hoping I don't have to.

pusta

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have two issues so far. I notice some weird screen artifacting when deleting an email during the animation. I basically see a scrambling nav bar icons all over the screen for a brief moment.

My phone has also rebooted twice on it's own so far. Not happy about that. I think it MAY be due to a bad SD card, going to try a new one this afternoon. Both times the phone rebooted it was sitting on my desk doing nothing.

mwdavis84

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I found an issue - when you have rotation lock on, the camera doesn't seem to actually take landscape pictures.

Repro:

1) First, take a picture in landscape with rotation lock off
2) Enable rotation lock
3) Take the same picture
4) Open Photos, look at the two shots

One will be a landscape picture, the other will be a portrait picture rotated 90 degrees.

Just verified that on my Lumia 920 this behavior does not occur.

starsoccer9

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
So I am posting to about 2 issues.

1. Music when played via speakerphone/boom sound seems to switch between playing on 1 or both speakers randomly

2.During phone restore it stopped itself saying it was taking to long. I agreed and closed it but when it booted it still have loaded/reloaded most of my saved data

pdt

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if anyone else has had this problem. The voice on Nokia Drive+ cuts out and is unable to complete a sentence, but this only happens if connected to the car via Bluetooth AND I am playing music (using Systog Music Pro) at the same time. If I turn off Bluetooth OR pause the music, then there is no problem with the navigation voice. This combination worked fine on my old HTC 8X (Windows 8.0).

So I am not sure if the problem is the car, or Windows 8.1, or the hardware, or maybe the music or navigation software. If anyone else has this same problem let me know and maybe your situation will help me narrow down the possibilities.

Novron

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
My first one had a bent frame out of the box next to the volume rocker. The second one, dropped LTE, turned out to be a bad SIM card. Replaced and all is well. No other problems to report so far.

microhaxo#WP

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend just picked up this phone. It gets very hot when taking photos and the htc camera app is very buggy. 33% of the time when attempting to view a photo you just took the screen is black and then it force closes.

She's not to thrilled about that. Hopefully they update the camera app soon.

pusta

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, mine keeps rebooting. It happened once last night, three times today with the phone just sitting on my desk. Did a hard reset and started from scratch, and it just rebooted again.

microhaxo#WP

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Got a new one for you guys. In the htc camera if you take a photo and immediately try to preview it, the camera app crashes. You must wait atleast 3 seconds before clicking. Also in the htc camera app if you tap to focus but hold down your finger you see a notification that says "Locked AF AND EF" which is ok but it actually completely locks it until you exit the app and re open it. There is no apparent way to re-enable auto AF again...

I hope htc is addressing these issues.

pdt

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if anyone else has had this problem. The voice on Nokia Drive+ cuts out and is unable to complete a sentence, but this only happens if connected to the car via Bluetooth AND I am playing music (using Systog Music Pro) at the same time. If I turn off Bluetooth OR pause the music, then there is no problem with the navigation voice. This combination worked fine on my old HTC 8X (Windows 8.0).

So I am not sure if the problem is the car, or Windows 8.1, or the hardware, or maybe the music or navigation software. If anyone else has this same problem let me know and maybe your situation will help me narrow down the possibilities.

This same problem also happens if I use XBOX music rather than Systog. In addition, if I have XBOX playing music through Bluetooth and then try to say a command to Cortana, she is unable to take the command. She gets part of what I say, or misinterprets it, or doesn't hear it at all. The phone correctly silences the music when I touch Cortana's voice input button, but still the Bluetooth connection seems to tie up the processor such that the phone is unable to service Cortana at the same time. If I disconnect Bluetooth and run this same drill everything works perfectly. So it appears that Bluetooth is clogging up the processor.

From Microsoft's support site it appears this is a common problem for many Windows Phone 8.1 devices.

Last edited:

kokola95

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi! Im super curious with this phone but is overheating an issue for this phone? I saw one post mention this issue but only one. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte