What OS compliments HTC One M8 More?

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
1408469116923.jpg

Now that HTC One M8 has been released what OS do you think looks better on it? I don't intend to start a war but which looks aesthetically more pleasing?

Android with HTC Sense or Windows Phone 8.1?

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I'd say WP because at least it's not a barrage of colors and icons on my space. Instead it's a barrage of squares and rectangles with easy to read info because the background is a solid color :p

Felix Bank

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Windows looks better. That's my opinion, coming from Android, after 4 years.

This "could" be the 'phone that changes the minds of the sceptics.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 77293

Now that HTC One M8 has been released what OS do you think looks better on it? I don't intend to start a war but which looks aesthetically more pleasing?

What do you expect people to say? You post this in a WP forum, you could have a block of cheese with WP written on it and ppl would say it looks better. Same as if you posted this in the Android forum. Hardware is irrelevant as both are pretty much identical so it depends on which OS you prefer.

Julek

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Though I am a huge Windows Phone supporter I will go with android with HTC Sense. My GF has it and it is absolutely gorgeous. It is really well thought in terms of functionality and the user interface is pleasing to the eye

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 77293

Well this particular start screen set up is very boring but definitely the Windows Phone flavored version. But judging from this photo, the Android one looks more appealing only because of the snoozer of a start screen.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 77293

Well, in this particular photo: the android flavor. But, only because they aren't using start backgrounds and folders for promo photos on windows phone version.
Idk, what is wrong with them. Makes it look like WP is stuck on years old start screen UI when clearly it is not.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
That picture just doesn't do the HTC with WP justice. The same wallpaper should've been enabled on the WP version too.

rcloke91

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I still personally think Sense is a fantastic skin for android (with stock quite a bit of a looker itself). I use the M7 daily and like the cohesiveness very much. I think it's tough to compare the 2 OS'es. They're wholly different and they're supposed to be.

If you're asking which OS utilizes more space on a home screen (which is what you're getting at with the picture), then WP.

Dexter505

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
;.;.

Blink feed is a home screen on android but an app on Windows phone. Android also has the nice HTC keyboard but not possible on Windows. Sense is a beautiful UI for android.

Last edited:

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
They need the transparent tiles and a great wallpaper on it. They will sell a lot more of them if they did

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Kai Dranzer

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I wont trust this htc itself...in windows phone...these guys wont support the mobile....example HTC 8X...still has many issues with windows updates and doesnt care about their product...so dont buy this ****ty mobile and suffer...buy nokia....very very pooor customer service with htc

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The issue is the staff in the stores... they'll leave the Windows phone basic or unpin all the tiles so it looks plain and boring. That's what happens to Windows tablet PCs... no wonder iPads sell more.

We should take this as a challenge to visit our stores and configure them in a colorful way :)

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It depends on how you customize both Android and Windows Phone. Both phones in the picture are not that tastefully customized so if I had to judge by those pictures, I'd say none with a slight edge to Android =P

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720