HTC One (M8) for Windows is also coming to AT&T!

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Glad it's coming to more than Verizon! It'll definitely help the market share in the US! Now T-Mobile, please, please, say it'll come to your network too!

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully it will hit all four big carriers. HTC nearly pulled that off with the 8X if Sprint wasn't hemming and hawing about WP8.

There is an advantage with HTC and LG coming in the fold (and we know LG has a phone on the horizon as a new one is showing up in ad tracking) in that both of them have very good carrier relations in the US. Nokia did not, so carrier whims mattered more.

Big question will be the length of the Verizon window. If AT&T is already saying they are getting it, my guess would be Verizon will have the exclusive through the end of September. I know there's a big NFL campaign planned by Microsoft and Verizon to highlight the One for Windows. It may just be planned for the first month.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully it will hit all four big carriers. HTC nearly pulled that off with the 8X if Sprint wasn't hemming and hawing about WP8.

There is an advantage with HTC and LG coming in the fold (and we know LG has a phone on the horizon as a new one is showing up in ad tracking) in that both of them have very good carrier relations in the US. Nokia did not, so carrier whims mattered more.

Big question will be the length of the Verizon window. If AT&T is already saying they are getting it, my guess would be Verizon will have the exclusive through the end of September. I know there's a big NFL campaign planned by Microsoft and Verizon to highlight the One for Windows. It may just be planned for the first month.

I would think it is only one month. That would be strange that AT&T would post about it, then make us wait like three months or something, lol.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm saving money now to buy it outright. That's how bad I want it. I'm so over this battery life and ffc on my 1020

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm saving my money too! I love my 1520, but I've always loved HTC's higher quality phones. 8X was/is one of them. I'm hoping that, with this phone, HTC will actually treat WP as a viable partner.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm saving money now to buy it outright. That's how bad I want it. I'm so over this battery life and ffc on my 1020

Funny how the 1020 and M8 WP are exact opposites on this matter. The 1020 has the best rear camera (minus slow processing speed and slow camera app) and pretty bad FFC, while the M8 has a mediocre rear camera but has the best FFC.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I would think it is only one month. That would be strange that AT&T would post about it, then make us wait like three months or something, lol.

I know my VZW friend referred to the One for Windows as having an "exclusivity window". That seemed to indicate a shorter timeframe. If he knows the timeframe, he's not saying. First month of the NFL season makes some sense. I'm not sure if they'd want to carry the marketing through the entire 17 week season.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if they'd want to carry the marketing through the entire 17 week season.

If anyone can do it, Verizon can. They put Android on the map. They might be able to do the same with WP, although there's more competition now. Verizon is the largest US carrier, making them the best positioned to do it. However, they need to put their heart into pushing WP.

Anthony112409p

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Since most other major smartphone makers are likely going to be watching the sales of this one very closely to determine whether they are going to invest in WP again, I would likely buy it to support the cause if it came to my carrier, T-Mobile.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I know my VZW friend referred to the One for Windows as having an "exclusivity window". That seemed to indicate a shorter timeframe. If he knows the timeframe, he's not saying. First month of the NFL season makes some sense. I'm not sure if they'd want to carry the marketing through the entire 17 week season.

No way AT&T say they would get it and have a sign up page, and make people wait 17 weeks.

gtg465x

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
If xda devs can rip the software out of the One M8 for Windows and make it flashable to any One M8, I would definitely convert my One M8 for Android to Windows Phone and give it a try. I won't buy it though.

HTC should really provide this ability themselves. It could be a huge selling point if they provided an official way to install either Android or Windows Phone on your One M8.

WPBlox1989

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I hope the HTC One (M8) for Windows will also come to Singapore and the three carriers, SingTel, M1 and StarHub this year and soon so I can renew my SingTel mobile plan and get the phone from a SingTel shop than getting the Verizon one from Amazon.com.

Verizon will never have the chance to keep this phone exclusive for as long as 90 days as AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile US are also planning to release the phone and a 90-day clampdown can at least make AT&T give up on releasing the M8 for Windows with the other two US carriers following suit and delays occurring for the international release.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I won't get another Nokia branded phone at least until after it rebranding. HTC One M8(W8) make sense to me at this time. After another year, I'll see what a rebranded Nokia looks like.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo