Like usual. CNET has something to say about Windows Phone...

CowardlyLions

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
CNET has been nothing but cancerous shills for years now. It's painfully obvious their staff is incapable of independent thought and instead just spew out whatever garbage they're paid to say. It's not even just this video. Everything about that site reeks of paid reviews.

The best thing to do is not give them the attention they're after.

Last edited:

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
You should be ashamed to called you self a "tech journalist" Just because WP doesn't have the market share of Android or iOS doesn't mean anything. I see your are using a MacBook, why? Why is Apple loosing its time with a laptop that has less than 3% of market? I don't see you trashing the MacBook. Do a real hand to hand comparison of WP against any device and you wont believe how WP blows anything you put next to it. Right we don't have all the apps Android and iOS have but didn't do they when they started. Compare features to features and you see WP has the faster simple and fluid OS and everyday it gets better. So please just because WP market share [that is greater than the MacBook] is not higher enough does not mean people aren't using it.

My answer to the video.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
You should be ashamed to called you self a "tech journalist" Just because WP doesn't have the market share of Android or iOS doesn't mean anything. I see your are using a MacBook, why? Why is Apple loosing its time with a laptop that has less than 3% of market? I don't see you trashing the MacBook. Do a real hand to hand comparison of WP against any device and you wont believe how WP blows anything you put next to it. Right we don't have all the apps Android and iOS have but didn't do they when they started. Compare features to features and you see WP has the faster simple and fluid OS and everyday it gets better. So please just because WP market share [that is greater than the MacBook] is not higher enough does not mean people aren't using it.

My answer to the video.

His assumptions about Windows Phone being terrible based on a device he used years ago are irrelevant when speaking of the current version.

However he doesn't say that people aren't using it, he means to say that he wants to get to know people who are loyal to the Windows Phone community and why.

As far as the next part of your answer goes about Windows Phone blowing away the competition in features, sadly it doesn't. There have been countless other comparisons done.

Windows Phone is by no means bad but still has a lot of work to do before it can compete with Android and iOS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
As far as the next part of your answer goes about Windows Phone blowing away the competition in features, sadly it doesn't. There have been countless other comparisons done.

Windows Phone is by no means bad but still has a lot of work to do before it can compete with Android and iOS.

My son has HTC one M7 and my sister in law the iPhone 5s.... My Lumia 925 is faster, take better pictures, better videos... I can go on and on and the only thing my son has against my Lumia is the same old garbage: the app gap.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
CNET's sister site ZDNet is actually good. Mary Jo Foley and Ed Bott are two of the best writers who cover Microsoft.

Oh now I can see why ZDnet is CNET's sister site.

ZDnet's Violent Blue(or whatever her name was) is biased against Android.

Both sites have terrible writers, not all of them are bad but some should really be fired IMO.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
This is hilarious actually. The HTC Mogul had what, Windows Mobile 6 on it? Someone mentioned it previously but that comment invalidated anything else he had to say on the subject.

That'd be like me saying, "I used Android back in '08. I had a G1 with Android on it and it was the laggiest POS I ever used. I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Haven't tried it since. How is Android so popular?"

To each their own but it's funny how he totally separated himself from "us" with his choice of words.

To be fair, some people on this site who are WP users, and current iPhone users had those first Android devices, and they think they are the same and still crap.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't know, they are ignorant but honestly...I don't hate these guys, I see why they are speaking this way about WP. Come on guys, we can't be in denial...WP has what 3% market share, do we really expect android and IOS fans to embrace an OS that's in a very distant 3rd? I don't know, I love my WP but I can no longer bash people who insult it because the reality for me is...general.public doesn't want it, plain and simple. They want what's cool, and that's iPhone or Samsung (Android).

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Now folks let's not get our fanboyism in our heads here, let us think rationally and maturely. We all know that WP is next to none existent in North America because it's the fortress of Solitude (Apple). Of course what they did was dumb but then again it's a podcast not a news video, so they are entitled to their opinions even if they never did research on it. It's not as bad as Gizmodo's review of the 920 let's just say that right now. (For those who don't know or remember, their review was... it was too heavy, a phone... too heavy) Here's the link if you want to see or read Lumia 920 Review: Just Too Damn Heavy

But that's why we have a site like Windows Phone Central, to inform the curious and to learn all about the Microsoft Windows platform (mostly Windows Phone of course). So should we get our pitch forks and torches? No, it's a podcast. Should we try to correct them? If you want, but at the end of the day it'll just prove their point that Windows Phone has it's small but vocal fanbase.

opusthecat

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Wow, this guy is an absolute doosh. It's fine not to like a Windows Phone but to just poke fun at something he doesn't use nor get is just ridiculously immature.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't know, they are ignorant but honestly...I don't hate these guys, I see why they are speaking this way about WP. Come on guys, we can't be in denial...WP has what 3% market share, do we really expect android and IOS fans to embrace an OS that's in a very distant 3rd? I don't know, I love my WP but I can no longer bash people who insult it because the reality for me is...general.public doesn't want it, plain and simple. They want what's cool, and that's iPhone or Samsung (Android).

well said and an OS MS them selves cant even innovate or bring up to par to make people / developers want to code for it.

thats not 100% true i left andriod ... and i kinda like windows phone its okay its just coming from Android to no google , basic feature-set, no apps and no awesome devices that make ppl be like ohh i want that its kinda hard to want to stay on windows ... WP has a simple market of no so app centric users ... imma stay with WP to help make BBM and other beta apps im test as great as they can be but untill MS does something grand and compelling Android is the way for me

That does not mean i support them bashing windows phone like that plus i think BB10 is a more compelling OS so that was insulting blackberry ....

Giorgio Tacchini

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I just feel like I want to sue this guys for making fun of 3% of Smartphone users in the world, we are the minority and that doesn?t make us stupid. Cnet, you?ve earned my middle finger. _!_

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Thats the most boring program ever, I guess Microsoft hasn`t paid to them. They are just ignorants who haven?t ever used a Windows Phone.

they probably never tried it but they make valid points windows is not cool .... and honestly if some one wanted an M8 they could have bought the android version no one was wating for a windows M8 people would have gone 930/icon for that...

cool is this day and age = OFFICAL APPS (well built full expericnes), gimmicky features (samsung) or actually useful features (Samsung, HTC, LG)
and windows has no of that sorry .... MS dropped the ball as usual ...

but the bashing went too far ...

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I confess, I didn't even watch the video. All the comments here told me that it wouldn't be worth the energy or the mental anguish. And considering the source... 15 years ago, CNet was a legitimate source for tech news. Now, they're just Redmond-bashing lemmings in fear of not getting an invite to the next Apple intro party.

Branden Lucero

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
CNET doesn just hate windows phone or never ackhnowleges it. they are extremely biased in general against anything windows or microsoft reated. they have so much love for the ios and android platform, their credibility to take them serious is difficult.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb