08-24-2014 10:14 PM
81 1234
tools
    Also it's not like I haven't used an S5, One m8, etc... and don't know what the latest version of Android is about.
    No matter how powerful hardware is, companies like Samsung bring it down their Touchwiz software.

If you ever try a Nexus 5 or HTC One, they don't lag.

Infact I have a Nexus 5 right now.
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    08-22-2014 05:41 AM
    No matter how powerful hardware is, companies like Samsung bring it down their Touchwiz software.

If you ever try a Nexus 5 or HTC One, they don't lag.

Infact I have a Nexus 5 right now.

I own a Nexus 5 and it is a great device on the hardware side. However, it is definitely not as smooth an experience overall as my 1520. The Nexus 5 is far from lag-free.

Off-topic: I'd love to put WP on my Nexus 5 one day. That would make it a perfect phone IMO.
    08-22-2014 07:24 AM
    I own a Nexus 5 and it is a great device on the hardware side. However, it is definitely not as smooth an experience overall as my 1520. The Nexus 5 is far from lag-free.

Off-topic: I'd love to put WP on my Nexus 5 one day. That would make it a perfect phone IMO.

My Nexus 5 did stutter in a few places when I got it, but when I switched to ART it became much faster and no lags at all. Where do you feel that the Nexus 5 lags?
    08-22-2014 07:25 AM
    These guys are idiots.

Typical apple fanboys. Sad really, Cnet has quite a nice app on windows phone.
    08-22-2014 07:44 AM
    I don't know, they are ignorant but honestly...I don't hate these guys, I see why they are speaking this way about WP. Come on guys, we can't be in denial...WP has what 3% market share, do we really expect android and IOS fans to embrace an OS that's in a very distant 3rd? I don't know, I love my WP but I can no longer bash people who insult it because the reality for me is...general.public doesn't want it, plain and simple. They want what's cool, and that's iPhone or Samsung (Android).
    I don't hate them either. But as a "journalist" you should be more objective yes WP's market share is low but so is the MacBook and as the video shows they all were using them. I don't see iFanboys trashing it because it has 3 or less than 3% market share. I am not comparing the devices just the market share.
    08-22-2014 11:41 AM
    I don't hate them either. But as a "journalist" you should be more objective yes WP's market share is low but so is the MacBook and as the video shows they all were using them. I don't see iFanboys trashing it because it has 3 or less than 3% market share. I am not comparing the devices just the market share.
    As i said apple pays well for loyalty Ms needs to pay ppl lol... That and mac's just have a silkiness to it that windows does not have except for maybe the surface as MS makes that ... hence why i think a surface laptop can change peoples perception of windows .. maybe Nokia will be a more refined WP experience under MS but CNET has no credibility in my eyes. ... i would have them stop review certain tech items. they are biased...
    08-22-2014 11:57 AM
    As i said apple pays well for loyalty Ms needs to pay ppl lol... That and mac's just have a silkiness to it that windows does not have except for maybe the surface as MS makes that ... hence why i think a surface laptop can change peoples perception of windows .. maybe Nokia will be a more refined WP experience under MS but CNET has no credibility in my eyes. ... i would have them stop review certain tech items. they are biased...
    I agree with your Mac statement. Macs feel WAY more premium than a standard PC. Not talking about the Surface Pro series and gaming laptops, but regular ones, like ones from Dell, HP, etc. Apple puts out better quality hardware, and it helps with the software experience. It is more expensive, yes, but it lasts longer than a general PC.

I love the Surface Pro 3, my favorite regular PC/ultrabook (meaning not including gaming PCs like the Razer Blade), but since I need a higher speced machine, I get the Mac. Plus, Macs can run both Mac OS and Windows OFFICIALLY, while the "Hackintosh" solution isn't the same.

And Yosemite, DAMN it's pretty and feature-full! My brother has it on his 13" MBP retina, it's really great.
    08-22-2014 02:31 PM
    Most people do the app comparison, which I think is still true. While we may have to main apps, if we get an app, it is ALWAYS behind the iOS and Android versions, or we never get the app.
    08-22-2014 02:32 PM
    Most people do the app comparison, which I think is still true. While we may have to main apps, if we get an app, it is ALWAYS behind the iOS and Android versions, or we never get the app.
    Indeed. The gap is not as big as it once was, but there are still certain apps I would like to see on WP that aren't here yet.
    08-22-2014 05:30 PM
    Indeed. The gap is not as big as it once was, but there are still certain apps I would like to see on WP that aren't here yet.

And even if it's here, it is either more sluggish and/or not as feature filled (Tapatalk, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc).
    jvanlew likes this.
    08-22-2014 05:39 PM
    did anyone see the new article posted. just look at headline. "How Microsoft will ride Android hardware to save Windows Phone"

wow CNET. i didnt know Windows Phone needed saving. didnt you just not say that we are our own "separate world?" so all of a sudden, we need to be saved...
    08-23-2014 03:01 PM
    I don't see the article you're talking about. Can you link to it please?
    08-23-2014 03:06 PM
    08-23-2014 03:55 PM
    did anyone see the new article posted. just look at headline. "How Microsoft will ride Android hardware to save Windows Phone"

wow CNET. i didnt know Windows Phone needed saving. didnt you just not say that we are our own "separate world?" so all of a sudden, we need to be saved...
    With 2.5% of the market share, Windows Phone does need saving.

Just saying.
    08-23-2014 03:58 PM
    Ehh, it wasn't an awful article, it was the truth, but still a bit harsh and bias.
    08-23-2014 04:09 PM

Just saying.
    You're right, but curious, why are you on WPC a lot when you own Android devices? Do you also have a WP device?
    Guytronic likes this.
    08-23-2014 04:10 PM
    You're right, but curious, why are you on WPC a lot when you own Android devices? Do you also have a WP device?
    I used to.
    08-23-2014 04:39 PM
    The reality is that until recently, MSFT wasn't making WP or anything mobile for that matter, a,priority. I probably averaged a WP commercial every two months now I see them about three times a day. Threshold holds the keys to WP success moving forward and WP9.
    08-23-2014 04:48 PM
    The reality is that until recently, MSFT wasn't making WP or anything mobile for that matter, a,priority. I probably averaged a WP commercial every two months now I see them about three times a day. Threshold holds the keys to WP success moving forward and WP9.
    -nevermind didn't read properly
    Last edited by Fade_z; 08-23-2014 at 05:06 PM.
    08-23-2014 04:55 PM

Just saying.
    Agreed, it does...anyone saying WP is healthy is in denial...anyone believing MS will keep on investing in this division down the road with same market share now is out to lunch.
    08-24-2014 10:05 AM
    I think it's kind of unfair to just ALL of CNET based on this. It's really just that a*****e Jeff Bakalar. Case in point: http://www.cnet.com/news/low-latency...tag=CADf028e5a

I have an idea, though. I'll be back with the results.
    08-24-2014 10:26 AM
    The problem is some folks hate to be reminded of the reality of this.

If people can't laugh along with the rest of the people who are laughing, this is a sure sign of insecurity on their part.

It's a phone... Nothing more.....

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    Laura Knotek and chezm like this.
    08-24-2014 12:39 PM
    The problem is some folks hate to be reminded of the reality of this.

If people can't laugh along with the rest of the people who are laughing, this is a sure sign of insecurity on their part.

It's a phone... Nothing more.....

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    I can laugh along when it's every now and then, but with CNET, it seems like an obsession. Similar to a joke, it's funny the first time you hear it, but it starts to get annoying after the 3rd or 4th time.
    08-24-2014 01:58 PM
    I can laugh along when it's every now and then, but with CNET, it seems like an obsession. Similar to a joke, it's funny the first time you hear it, but it starts to get annoying after the 3rd or 4th time.
    Very true and even the nature of the podcast has taken a very downward spiral with two very negative people hosting it. When there was a person on the show who was more optimistic and not so troll minded it was better.
    Last edited by akak84; 08-24-2014 at 05:23 PM.
    08-24-2014 04:58 PM
    Would like the LG G3, but Windows Phone does not support QHD? Could have Intel, but no its Qualcomm only.
    08-24-2014 05:37 PM
81 1234