02-03-2017 04:01 AM
150 ... 456
tools
    My Lumia 928 died suddenly. The Microsoft Store technician couldn't boot it up nor soft/hard reset it. Suspect the battery or something else is fried. So I got the HTC One M8 as a replacement and so far it's nice.

-Hardware is amazing. Definitely beats the plastic 928.
    -Front facing speakers are awesome. Not sure how I tolerated the back facing one on my 928.
    -Processor is fast! Snapdragon 801 and 2gb memory. Oh, and there's a slot for external memory.
    -Screen is very high res and nice but I don't like how it's lowest brightness is still too bright for my eyes at night. Windows needs a brightness slider like iOS.
    -Front facing camera is great. Perfect for those who love selfies.
    -Back camera is meh....4mp main camera?? Huge downgrade from my Nokia but at least it's fast! Lumia Camera took forever to boot.
    -Love that it has double tap to wake AND double tap to lock.
    -Not liking the off center USB port. Would prefer the power button to be on the side instead of on top considering how tall this device is. No physical camera button :(
    -Occasionally the screen would freeze or shut off. Not sure if it has to do with the sensitivity as I feel like the screen registers inputs way easier than my old 928.

I definitely miss the glance screen, wireless charging, better camera, auto brightness (superior on Lumias), physical capacitive buttons, camera button....basically the little touches that Nokia put on their phones but overall, HTC has made a great phone. Plus Windows runs amazingly on Snapdragon 801. Cannot wait when Microsoft releases their next flagship!
    Stiv X, mark233 and MrRichardF like this.
    06-12-2015 11:52 AM
    My Lumia 928 died suddenly. The Microsoft Store technician couldn't boot it up nor soft/hard reset it. Suspect the battery or something else is fried. So I got the HTC One M8 as a replacement and so far it's nice.

-Hardware is amazing. Definitely beats the plastic 928.
    -Front facing speakers are awesome. Not sure how I tolerated the back facing one on my 928.
    -Processor is fast! Snapdragon 801 and 2gb memory. Oh, and there's a slot for external memory.
    -Screen is very high res and nice but I don't like how it's lowest brightness is still too bright for my eyes at night. Windows needs a brightness slider like iOS.
    -Front facing camera is great. Perfect for those who love selfies.
    -Back camera is meh....4mp main camera?? Huge downgrade from my Nokia but at least it's fast! Lumia Camera took forever to boot.
    -Love that it has double tap to wake AND double tap to lock.
    -Not liking the off center USB port. Would prefer the power button to be on the side instead of on top considering how tall this device is. No physical camera button :(
    -Occasionally the screen would freeze or shut off. Not sure if it has to do with the sensitivity as I feel like the screen registers inputs way easier than my old 928.

I definitely miss the glance screen, wireless charging, better camera, auto brightness (superior on Lumias), physical capacitive buttons, camera button....basically the little touches that Nokia put on their phones but overall, HTC has made a great phone. Plus Windows runs amazingly on Snapdragon 801. Cannot wait when Microsoft releases their next flagship!
    How do you double tap to unlock as I thought it was only double tap to lock?
    06-12-2015 12:03 PM
    How do you double tap to unlock as I thought it was only double tap to lock?
    Go to settings > Motion Launch > Move the slider for "Allow double tap to wake up screen when it's off" to On
    Stiv X likes this.
    06-12-2015 01:39 PM
    I know how to unlock it, you said you can double tap to lock it.
    06-13-2015 11:08 AM
    I broke my 1520 and insurance is sending me a HTC one, bummed that i couldn't get a 1520 end of life i guess, is the One a worthy replacement???
    MrRichardF likes this.
    06-14-2015 12:38 PM
    I broke my 1520 and insurance is sending me a HTC one, bummed that i couldn't get a 1520 end of life i guess, is the One a worthy replacement???
    The key features you will miss are the auto-brightness (HTC is terrible with this), pureview camera, wireless charging, power button on the side, physical camera button, glance.

However, the screen is amazing and the device itself is quite slick and thin (I recommend a case if you're clumsy) compared to the blockiness of the older Lumias. This is a great phone replacement that will hold you over until we see a worthy Microsoft Lumia Flagship come out.

Coming from a Lumia 928 (which had a Snapdragon S4), this phone was a worthy replacement just for speed alone.
    Dadstar0410 and mark233 like this.
    06-16-2015 11:50 AM
    Technology and devices are like my personal crack cocaine. My phone history has included Android devices, iPhones, a Lumia Icon for a period of time, iPhone6 and now a just-ordered HTC One M8 for Windows. Unfortunately, Verizon sucks when it comes to in-stock options and I had to order it from their web site.

I am excited to get back into Windows Phone OS after a brief stint with an Icon last year. In my job as an I.T. Manager I have Windows, Mac, an iPad and an Android tablet. Bored to death with an iPhone, I don't use a huge amount of apps. Glad to see that the app situation has become slightly better to cover my must have apps on the phone side of things.

I still have my iPad for any other apps that I never used on the iPhone anyways. Love the expandability and I truly missed the live tiles and customization. Can't wait to get my phone (Friday can't come soon enough)!
    07-08-2015 07:31 PM
    I just want to get what system the M9 has? Is it Android or Windows?
    The M9 is only an Android device.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    07-14-2015 09:00 PM
    i have just ordered an M8 unlocked AT&T, i live in Portugal so i hope it works ok in here... i have had many wp but never an M8 so i cant wait to get my hands on it. it is a beautiful machine indeed.
    09-02-2015 03:16 PM
    I'm so disappointed with my HTC ONE Windows Phone. I do all my business and personal work off my phone & had no idea the apps that are available on Androids weren't that easy to find, alot aren't even free and most are in beta. Hey Cortana isn't available, there's alot missing on this phone. I wish I would have gotten the M8 Android honestly.
    11-08-2015 09:55 AM
    I am strongly considering this device. Can anyone tell me if this phone can get Barnes &Noble's Nook app? My current phone (LG Lancet) is unable to do so. Thanks for your time!
    11-12-2015 05:25 AM
    DebjPeck, Cortana is indeed available! You may need to update to WP 8.1. I am assuming that is why you don't have Cortana. I assure you the phone is so much nicer with 8.1. The app store is not as stocked as Android, though. Most apps are free, though. I guess it depends on what you are looking for.
    11-12-2015 02:30 PM
    I am strongly considering this device. Can anyone tell me if this phone can get Barnes &Noble's Nook app? My current phone (LG Lancet) is unable to do so. Thanks for your time!
    No official Nook app for Windows Phone. Sorry.
    11-12-2015 02:37 PM
    I've owned the HTC One M8 since late January 2015. IMO, it is a massive disappointment compared to the Nokia Lumia 928, and (grading on a curve) even the HTC Trophy. I really, really dislike the weak antenna (something that was also an issue with the Trophy) and the fact that sometimes I'll lose connectivity and need to reboot the device. (Going into airplane mode usually doesn't do the trick.) The camera is also terrible, a major step down from the Lumia 928. (To be fair, I knew the camera would be a downgrade, but I didn't think it would be as big a downgrade.)

It's too bad no manufacturers were able to combine the insides of Nokia pocket computers with the outsides of HTC and other Windows Phone manufacturers' pocket computers. (IMO, Nokia's Windows Phones have all been unappealing aesthetically, with some of them flat-out ugly.)
    11-14-2015 08:57 AM
    Perhaps you have a defective phone? I don't have connectivity problems.
    11-15-2015 09:50 PM
    I just bought M8 AT&T and have to say that I am unable to switch from LTE, there just aren't any setting or menu for it. And because of it the battery discharges very fast. I am really dissapointed. Does any of AT&T users have the same problem or it is just me?
    11-26-2015 06:29 AM
    I have had No battery problems with my M8 on AT&T. I have had it for over a year now and it has worked flawlessly, Last week I upgraded it on the Windows insider program to Windows 10 and it is even better now. What makes you think it is LTE that is draining your battery?
    11-26-2015 08:52 AM
    I just bought M8 AT&T and have to say that I am unable to switch from LTE, there just aren't any setting or menu for it. And because of it the battery discharges very fast. I am really dissapointed. Does any of AT&T users have the same problem or it is just me?
    Are you trying to throttle back to 3G, or turn off data altogether?
    11-26-2015 09:53 AM
    I have had No battery problems with my M8 on AT&T. I have had it for over a year now and it has worked flawlessly, Last week I upgraded it on the Windows insider program to Windows 10 and it is even better now. What makes you think it is LTE that is draining your battery?
    Kevin - I am trying to decide if I want to upgrade or not. I like update 2 quite a bit - may I ask what makes it worth it to upgrade to you?

I know there's a WP10 thread, but just thought I'd ask you since you seem enthusiastic about it.
    11-26-2015 09:55 AM
    Compared to a lumia, I would say the camera is the biggest drawback. Outside of that, this is a great machine. If the Lumia 930 was LTE capable, I would be using that. But, it doesn't, so this is the best thing. The screen and processor are comparable, which is to say, great.

The front mounted speakers will be hard to let go of when/if I go back to a Lumia (likely will get the 950 in the next few months). They are really fantastic. For conference calls on speaker phone, that just can't be beat.

For me, it's LTE vs better camera. For now, LTE wins.
    11-26-2015 09:58 AM
    Kevin Hill2, I have never used a device with LTE and with my not active usage, my previous devices were discharging for several days. LTE network is new in my country, and it's very rare in terms of coverage. The signal strength is one bar(of 5!) constantly, very weak signal and the phone spending more energy to sustain LTE connection! And I don't want that. So I think LTE connection is the problem, besides, my father has lumia 640 with 2500 mAh battery and it lasts for several days with quite active usage with location turned on, frequent calls and 3G network.

gordonfink, yes, I want to choose from the list(wich I can find without problem on my previous lumia 900 and my father's lumia 640) the network - 2G, 3G or 4G which will be active at the moment. For example 2G is old with EDGE internet but it covers all my places, I want to turn it on and it won't drain the battery at all.. But this setting is just gone, I know where it should be, and it's not there
    I turned off data first day, but the phone still uses LTE network( I can read "My operator's name - LTE" in the upper right corner).

May be I missed something or AT&T blocked that feature? And what's going on with this network switching on Windows Phone 10?
    11-26-2015 02:59 PM
    I like the new look and lay out, it just seems a little more modern.
    11-27-2015 12:58 AM
    Is this SmartPhone still smooth and fast? Will it ever get windows 10?

Cheers
    12-23-2016 12:46 AM
    i love this fone htc fogive plz😍❤
    01-23-2017 01:56 PM
    i love this fone htc fogive plz😍❤
    Me too ;)
    02-03-2017 04:01 AM
150 ... 456