Am I the only one not enamored with the Dot View Case?

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I think it makes the phone look like a kid's toy. My WP is a Nokia Lumia 920 (the tank). 1.5 yrs with a simple Body Shield screen protector and it still looks like new. I would think that, unless the user is really abusive, the HTC wouldn't need more than that. After all, the screen is what is most likely to suffer damage from a fall, correct?

If I were to get the HTC, it definitely wouldn't be hidden by the Lego wrapper. The new colors for shells seem to be targeting the teen market.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm one of the ones that love it. It looks great in pictures. But WPCentral pictures are just usually really good I guess. Too good maybe ;). I agree that in person, it may very will be a different story and I change my mind.

jfdavis17

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I am loving my m8, I also bought the dot view case, I used it for about one hour, got frustrated with flapping the flap. It is no longer on the phone. Getting rid of that case greatly improved my phone.

Assassin 11B3P

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
My 822 has been dropped a dozen or more times on concrete and broke only once. It's been dropped on other surfaces numerous times to the point where the back cover flew off and battery came out. No screen protectors and still no scratches on it, though the body has a few nicks.

danwanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I am loving my m8, I also bought the dot view case, I used it for about one hour, got frustrated with flapping the flap. It is no longer on the phone. Getting rid of that case greatly improved my phone.

Same here, I lasted about 2 hours with mine. If it folded flatter on the back I think it would be OK. As it is, typing or flowing one handed is almost impossible. I might try leaving the case open with a book on it tonight and see if it loosens up.

scotiez

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I purchased the dot view case all with my HTC One M8 along with other accessories because I traded in my iPhone and received Lots of money for it and very little out of pocket money was exchanged. After having this phone for over a week now I am starting to get used to the case. At 1st I didn't care for it but now I don't mind it. Also after a week the front cover closes all the way now. Opening it and folding around to the back is still awkward but I'm getting used to it. Taking phone calls and activating cortana is very nice. But I think this case is over priced and we will see how long it will last, I am suspecting it will only last a few months if that. After the case gets wrecked I will go naked or put a casemate barely there clear case on it.

danwanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I really liked the idea of getting notifications through the case. I wish I could have the same functionality without having the case on. I returned mine because I couldn't get used to texting one handed on it and because it wouldn't close all the way once I added a glass screen protector.

I only planned on using it when I was at the ballpark or somewhere else where I thought a little protection would be good. I probably would have kept it if it would have closed with a screen protector applied...

jiovine

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Great concept but wasn't for me. Came to the conclusion that if I want ed to use two hands with my phone, I would have gone with the 1520. M8 is the perfect size. Returned the dot view and picked up incipio feather lite case and invisishield glass screen protector. Closest thing to naked.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I have to say that the swipe down to get to Cortana is what did it for me... I have the Dot View for that reason only. Besides that, the little weather updates and clock are a nice touch - and the auto unlock feature is nice too. Ok, there's more than a few reasons why I have it... :)

lparsons21

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I just got my Dot View case yesterday and have to agree with those that say it is a great idea. But I'd also say it isn't a very good case other than that.

Think I'll go back to naked again. All my previous phones were used naked with no problem, can't figure out why it would be a problem with the M8.

Sent from my 23-n010 using Tapatalk

lizziej

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I like my dot view case. When I'm at work it's reassuring to know that my phone is protected front and back. If I'm going to be using my phone for extended periods (Netflix, kindle, navigation etc) I take it off. It's so easy to snap on and off that this is almost habit already and can be done single handed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium