Am I the only one not enamored with the Dot View Case?

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It's got some cool features and all, but it's ugly. The One is beautiful craftsmanship, I don't want to hide it. I'm seriously considering going with Verizon's silicone case and a nice screen protector instead. It's just so purrrrty I don't wanna hide it behind a fly swatter.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I saw the dot case today and am unimpressed. It's just a plastic cover with holes in it, that the screen shows through. Kind of cheap looking. The idea sounds better and the photos of it (enhanced?) look better than in real life. Basically it is very low crude resolution, dots per square inch. (I should have counted the holes per square inch.)
The phone itself is sleek and beautiful!

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't care for the dot case either and wouldn't get it if I got the phone. It sure doesn't enhance the looks of it at all.

anon(4054009)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
It's got some cool features and all, but it's ugly. The One is beautiful craftsmanship, I don't want to hide it. I'm seriously considering going with Verizon's silicone case and a nice screen protector instead. It's just so purrrrty I don't wanna hide it behind a fly swatter.
I see a large number of M8 Androids around very few DOT cases so I would say no you are not alone. Now if they come out with some cool graphic ones...

Novron

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I think it's impractical. I really don't want to have to flip open a cover every time I get a call. Have to be careful with most of the other cases, though. Most all of them cover the infrared on the top. I went with Verizon's standard carbon fiber case. Throw the belt hanger away and just use the back wrap. Good protection, no obstructed ports, and get a kickstand in the deal.

Amazon.com: Aduro Shell Holster Combo Case for HTC ONE M8 (Latest Model) with Kick-Stand & Belt Clip (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, US Cellular & Sprint): Cell Phones & Accessories

Less than half the price Verizon charges for it.

teoami

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
@Novron Read up more on the Dot View case. It has a cutout for the infrared at the top and you can answer and talk on phone calls with the case closed.

To the OP, personally, I think it is a bit overpriced, but it does offer some unique functionality. Although, they could have easily enabled that same functionality without the case.

But it does do what a case is supposed to do, and that is protect the phone.

Assassin 11B3P

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I also think the case is highly overrated. The front cover can't even fold flat because of the curvature of the backside. And it offers no real protection at all.

Last edited:

Novron

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
@Novron Read up more on the Dot View case. It has a cutout for the infrared at the top and you can answer and talk on phone calls with the case closed.

To the OP, personally, I think it is a bit overpriced, but it does offer some unique functionality. Although, they could have easily enabled that same functionality without the case.

But it does do what a case is supposed to do, and that is protect the phone.

I knew this one had a cut out, as I said, most don't. Wasn't aware of being able to call through it. That is a nice feature. Probably too much to hope for but I'm guessing it doesn't have wallet slits in the inside cover?

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Actually no...I'm not enamored with it either.

While it has some nice features with cortana I'm all about protecting my investment...so it's in a case designed for that along with a glass screen protector too..

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Two problems with the Dot View case:
1) it's not a case, it's an envelope
2) why cover such a nice looking phone?

CarlosDanielFP

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I really love the design of the HTC One but I'm more with the philosophy of Nokia about color, color and color. The case really stands out from the rest. I like the design.

Mitukya

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Noooooooooooooooooooooo. You are not. I think it's **** ugly. Totally agree with you when you say why would I want to cover such a nice phone up.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
It's a beautiful screen. Why hide it? Why go backwards to 2bit graphics? I don't get it. That screen is awesome. Don't cover it with this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett