Hey I've been a Mac user and recently picked up a sp3 which I really enjoy. Having used android but considering the HTC m8 window phone. Besides how I could sync with onenote app, email, and contacts what benefits will I have having a window phone syncing with sp3?

I read some people say they seamlessly sync between the window phone and sp3 but I don't see all the benefits besides the app one note and email and contact?

What are some benefits and methods to sync between the 2 devices?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    08-21-2014 11:37 PM
    Hey I've been a Mac user and recently picked up a sp3 which I really enjoy. Having used android but considering the HTC m8 window phone. Besides how I could sync with onenote app, email, and contacts what benefits will I have having a window phone syncing with sp3?

I read some people say they seamlessly sync between the window phone and sp3 but I don't see all the benefits besides the app one note and email and contact?

What are some benefits and methods to sync between the 2 devices?

There are a lot of universal apps that are available for both devices. What that means is you buy the app once, and you have it on both devices. What is a Universal Windows app? | Windows Phone Central

That's one of my favourite features of having both Windows Phone and Windows 8.1.
    dunamis and xandros9 like this.
    08-21-2014 11:41 PM
    That makes sense. The fruit company and even android now makes you buy one for tablet and one for the phone.

I thought there was a special way to sync between the 2 devices that I wasn't aware of.

08-21-2014 11:46 PM
    That makes sense. The fruit company and even android now makes you buy one for tablet and one for the phone.

I thought there was a special way to sync between the 2 devices that I wasn't aware of.

Some of the Universal apps/Universal games sync. I don't play games on mobile (and I don't use Windows 8.1 Store games--I'm a Steam desktop PC gamer), so I can't provide any information there. However, I have Nextgen Reader, which is a Universal App. When I mark my RSS feeds read on my phone, it syncs on my PC (and vice-versa). That's just one example that I know from my personal use.
    dunamis and xandros9 like this.
    08-22-2014 12:01 AM
    In truth, Microsoft has developed apps for Android and iOS that allow you to sync most of your data with the Microsoft services on your PC without a Windows Phone (OneDrive, OneNote, Office 365, Xbox Music, Bing Search are all cross-platform now).

However, in addition to the Universal Apps mentioned above, there are still some synced items unique to Windows Phone like:
    • Syncing of open tabs, bookmarks and history in IE
    • Syncing of your Reading List
    • Syncing of colour themes (optional)
    • Syncing of data in Bing apps (News, Health & Fitness, Weather, etc.)
    • Syncing of WiFi passwords
    xandros9 likes this.
    08-22-2014 02:40 AM