09-28-2015 04:37 PM
163 1234 ...
tools
    If you wouldn't mind sharing your app list I would be grateful. I am storing apps on the microsd by default, and even went and purchased a new SD card to rule that out. Maybe the os/apps just don't like that functionality just yet. If I can't rule out an app I will try storing them all on phone.
    I have a sneaking suspicion that there's an app that does not like being on the SD card. Most of them probably have no issue, but there could be one that may not like it. The first culprits I'd suspect are those that have not been updated in awhile. I don't know if there were any tweaks made when they supported SD card loading of apps in 8.1.

I've only had my phone for a day, but during that time it has not rebooted on it's own. I also have a Class 10 SD Card where my music and podcasts are stored. I'd guess that the rebooting problem presents itself early, so I'll wager that I'm not having it. So here's my full app list for comparison - but these are all in the phone's memory:

7 Minute Workout
    7-Minute Workout
    AFR
    Alarms
    Amazon App
    Amazon Kindle
    Analog Clock Tile
    Audible Audiobooks
    Backgammon Pro
    Battery Saver
    Bible
    Bing Rewards
    Bing Translator
    Calculator
    Calculator^2
    Calendar
    Camera
    Coca-Cola Freestyle
    Cortana
    Data Sense
    Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
    Disney Expedition
    Facebook
    Files
    Finance
    Financial Calculators
    Flashlight-X Pro
    Flixster
    FM Radio
    Food & Drink
    Games
    Health & Fitness
    Help + Tips (beta)
    HERE Drive+
    HTC Blinkfeed
    HTC Camera
    HTC Photo Edit
    HTC Sense TV
    Hulu Plus
    Internet Explorer
    Jack of Tools Pro
    Jetpack Joyride
    Last Pass
    Linked Inbox
    Maps
    Messaging
    Messenger
    Metrotube
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection
    Music
    My Verizon Mobile
    Netflix
    News
    NFL Mobile
    Office
    Office Lens
    OneDrive
    OneNote
    PDF Reader
    People
    Periodic Table Pro
    Phone
    Photos
    Podcasts
    Preview for Developers
    ProShot
    Reading List
    Settings
    Shuffle Party
    SkyMap
    Sports
    Storage Sense
    Store
    Temple Run 2
    Travel
    Twitter
    Verizon Messages Settings
    Video
    Video Highlights
    Voicemail
    Walgreens
    Wallet
    Weather
    Weather Radar Live
    Wikipedia
    Wordament
    WP UpTime
    WPCentral
    Yivosoft Recorder
    08-25-2014 07:24 AM
    With 32gb of phone memory and a sdcard slot why would you need to put any apps on a SD card?
    explosive0 likes this.
    08-25-2014 07:28 AM
    Thank you, Mr MacPhisto, I appreciate the time you put in to type that out. I move all apps to the phone minus Plex, Audible and a few games, we'll see how it does today.

With 32gb of phone memory and a sdcard slot why would you need to put any apps on a SD card?
    One reason is Plex. I sync a lot of video content from Plex because I fly a lot, and it doesn't give you the option to save to the SD card, in face the app recommends moving to the SD card to save content there. Same deal with Audible. But mostly, when I set up the phone it asked me if I wanted to save everything there. I said yes, because why not? :-)
    b23h likes this.
    08-25-2014 09:17 AM
    Am I reading this correctly? Apps are causing the reboots? For a minute there I thought I was on TreoCentral and reading about the same issues with PalmOS. Too bad the fix isn't as easy as it was for Treos. This is one case where it would have been useful to have a desktop sync program if the solution is to reset and start fresh.
    08-25-2014 09:35 AM
    I had a samsung class 10 microsd card in my galaxy s4 that caused android to crash and burn, wouldn't surprise me if a flawed microsd card causes windows reboots. The best test to see if it reboots with no microsd card inserted at all.
    08-25-2014 02:08 PM
    I think ::fingers crossed:: I found a winner. The reboots started again this morning after configuring some apps, and I believe I narrowed it down to Facebook Messenger. It seems to happen when I log in and pin it to the start screen. I uninstalled the app entirely and no reboots since.

Ironically, if this is the cause, Facebook Messenger does even allow you to install to SD Card :-)
    08-25-2014 02:10 PM
    I had a samsung class 10 microsd card in my galaxy s4 that caused android to crash and burn, wouldn't surprise me if a flawed microsd card causes windows reboots. The best test to see if it reboots with no microsd card inserted at all.
    I tried both a SanDisk and Samsung card in two different phones with same result, this is definitely app related.
    08-25-2014 02:11 PM
    Why are apps even allowed to do enough to bounce the OS? Shouldn't the app simply crash and toss us back to the Start Screen - or the tile simply switch to static instead of live (if the live features are crashing).
    08-25-2014 03:31 PM
    I have a cheap Android phablet (Blu Life View 8) that is presently at 816 hours of uptime.
    Your tablet is just getting warmed up! My Nexus 5 is currently at 1,315 hours and counting.

As to the rebooting problem in the OP, my gut feeling is that it's app related as others have said. Are your apps installed to the SD card?
    08-25-2014 03:54 PM
    Your tablet is just getting warmed up! My Nexus 5 is currently at 1,315 hours and counting.

As to the rebooting problem in the OP, my gut feeling is that it's app related as others have said. Are your apps installed to the SD card?
    Dude, I got a Yugo and you have a BMW. You BETTER be way ahead of me!
    tgp likes this.
    08-25-2014 05:42 PM
    Bummer - mine just restarted. 2 days, 4 hours. It was in my pocket, asleep. I just felt the buzz when it bounced.
    08-25-2014 05:47 PM
    so i actually exchanged my phone after 3 days for another m8 because it crashed about 12 times in 3 days... only to have the SAME thing happen with my replacement... So im going to test uninstalling specific apps and find out if it helps. Starting with facebook messenger.

MSFT really needs to fix this though... major bummer to lose functionality ..
    08-25-2014 05:47 PM
    Same thing is happening to me, trying to figure out which app could cause this. Someone said it was Facebook Messenger, but I don't have that one my phone. Please let me know if anyone finds the one causing the problems!
    08-25-2014 05:48 PM
    FYI -I have facebook messenger & mine doesnt reboot
    Joseph Do likes this.
    08-25-2014 06:08 PM
    I originally thought it was Facebook Messenger, but after 5 hours of uptime it rebooted again. I'm basically uninstalling one app at a time until I figure this out.
    08-25-2014 09:32 PM
    Mine started doing this tonight... Ugh.
    08-25-2014 10:17 PM
    Has anybody checked out the sim card slot? I ask because the 8X was problematic with the sim card slot and was the cause of errors and reboots for many. A little scotch tape fixed it for most people.
    08-25-2014 10:26 PM
    What's weird for me is that it never happens while I'm using the phone... I can be listening to music for a few hours or reading news and it's fine. Put it down to watch tv... Reboot loop.
    08-26-2014 08:22 AM
    It could be the battery's connection to the hardware of the phone that does the reboot loop.......
    Sounds familiar to me in the time of BB10 when it first came out...But also software related... most of the Z 10 have got better software wise...
    08-26-2014 09:44 AM
    What's weird for me is that it never happens while I'm using the phone... I can be listening to music for a few hours or reading news and it's fine. Put it down to watch tv... Reboot loop.
    Exactly what I am experiencing. I moved every app to the phones memory, took out the SD card, and it still reboots. At this point I don't think it's an App problem. Also, the phone reboots when it's just sitting on my desk not moving, but never when it's actually in use, so I have to image this is a WP OS problem.
    08-26-2014 09:45 AM
    Exactly what I am experiencing. I moved every app to the phones memory, took out the SD card, and it still reboots. At this point I don't think it's an App problem. Also, the phone reboots when it's just sitting on my desk not moving, but never when it's actually in use, so I have to image this is a WP OS problem.
    Either that or it's a connection problem in the batch of phones.

I've had no reboots other than the one's I've initiated myself. My current uptime is past 36 hours and that reboot happened when I rebooted the device. I've plugged and unplugged a couple of times, had it in my pocket, had it in my desk, had it in my car seat.

Is your Bluetooth on? I know I had problems with the 822 at first until a fix came through over it rebooting when Bluetooth was active. I tend to leave Bluetooth off on my phone. Maybe that's the issue?
    08-26-2014 10:13 AM
    It's probably a WP issue and not device related.. My 920 did that all the time, my 1020 less often but still at least once per day, and so does my 925...
    I draw the opposite conclusion. My 920 has rebooted maybe twice in a year. I find WP to be very stable and always have, no matter which WP device I've had they've all been stable.
    waazzupppp likes this.
    08-26-2014 10:24 AM
    I originally thought it was Facebook Messenger, but after 5 hours of uptime it rebooted again. I'm basically uninstalling one app at a time until I figure this out.
    fingers crossed... so far today since i uninstalled facebook messenger yesterday around 7pm and plugged my phone in to charge all night at around 1am (with no reboots from 7pm-1am after uninstalling FBmess) i have not had a reboot yet today, unplugged from my charger at about 9am. so 3 hours into the day and no reboots.
    08-26-2014 10:45 AM
    Either that or it's a connection problem in the batch of phones.

I've had no reboots other than the one's I've initiated myself. My current uptime is past 36 hours and that reboot happened when I rebooted the device. I've plugged and unplugged a couple of times, had it in my pocket, had it in my desk, had it in my car seat.

Is your Bluetooth on? I know I had problems with the 822 at first until a fix came through over it rebooting when Bluetooth was active. I tend to leave Bluetooth off on my phone. Maybe that's the issue?
    Happens with Bluetooth on and off. One thing I noticed is if I'm using the phone, it doesn't reboot. I'm going to try leaving some apps running in the background and see if that makes a difference. I'm usually pretty anal about closing apps. It's so sporadic too. Yesterday I went 12 hours of uptime, and then it rebooted twice in 2 hours.

My first phone was from verizonwireless.com, wherever their warehouse is, and the second from a local store in Dallas, TX. They could be the same batch I guess, but they seem pretty spread apart.
    08-26-2014 12:01 PM
    fingers crossed... so far today since i uninstalled facebook messenger yesterday around 7pm and plugged my phone in to charge all night at around 1am (with no reboots from 7pm-1am after uninstalling FBmess) i have not had a reboot yet today, unplugged from my charger at about 9am. so 3 hours into the day and no reboots.
    spoke too soon.... 4:25pm.. just had a reboot after using the tumblr app for the first time. could be the issue? idk.. fb messenger still uninstalled.. far less frequent since i uninstalled that at the very least..... I'm not going to give up on the phone because honestly i really like it. Hopefully we get some sort of update to solve this soon... i'll keep checking here for solutions.
    08-26-2014 03:26 PM
163 1234 ...