HTC One M8 for windows Keeps Rebooting

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Wonder if the new developer update that came out today for 8.1.1. helps the reboot issue. They said it was for HTC phones.
I had read it was a DP only update. The M8 is not included as we already have 8.1, so not exactly sure what you mean unless folks with the DP on the 8X? But that's another forum?

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I had read it was a DP only update. The M8 is not included as we already have 8.1, so not exactly sure what you mean unless folks with the DP on the 8X? But that's another forum?

It will install on the M8, you just have to register to get the dev preview. Anyone who did that care to comment if it helped the reboot issues?

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. In that case I hope it helps the rebooters. I did not see any update in my file. Thinking I need to reregister for the M8 then?

ShannyMan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
It seemed to help my reboot issue so far! My phone is no longer overheating or rebooting. Hopefully I don't speak too soon, but both Bing Weather and Facebook Beta (another app that seemed to cause the issue earlier today before updating) are installed and not causing any issues.

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
It will install on the M8, you just have to register to get the dev preview. Anyone who did that care to comment if it helped the reboot issues?

It won't. Its not designed for that. In that I have had 2 reboots in my month of ownership, with one of them being from an app fault, and one a signal issue, I'm not worried.

bajabenedik

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
OK as a test I left the messaging app open in the background on my phone and it has not rebooted since I did this (over 30 hours ago). Skype and Bing Weather are both installed on my phone and I use Bing Weather live tiles and the app all the time. So it looks to be an idle state issue that causes the phone to reboot if nothing is running in the background. I've reported this to Verizon and will also let HTC know about this tomorrow. Hopefully an update will come out to fix this.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
It won't. Its not designed for that. In that I have had 2 reboots in my month of ownership, with one of them being from an app fault, and one a signal issue, I'm not worried.

What? Read the headlines on this website. The update that was released yesterday is also for HTC phones. There are numerous reports that those with a M8 could install it. It's not like I'm making this up.

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
What? Read the headlines on this website. The update that was released yesterday is also for HTC phones. There are numerous reports that those with a M8 could install it. It's not like I'm making this up.

I did read. But I read past the first few sentences.

It was an update for HTC phones to allow the 8s, 8x, and 8xt to get DP 81.1. It also fixes a storage error on updating. It also fixed some Nokia phones that were blocked.

I also have it on my M8, probably because it fixes the storage update bug that is WP specific.

Rebooting is a pretty major issue. How come there is no mention of it?

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...ate-for-windows-phone-preview-for-developers/

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I did read. But I read past the first few sentences.

It was an update for HTC phones to allow the 8s, 8x, and 8xt to get DP 81.1. It also fixes a storage error on updating. It also fixed some Nokia phones that were blocked.

I also have it on my M8, probably because it fixes the storage update bug that is WP specific.

Rebooting is a pretty major issue. How come there is no mention of it?

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...ate-for-windows-phone-preview-for-developers/

So did it help the rebooting issue? If I stay with Windows Phone I want to get a M8 but this is the reason that is holding me back. Would like to know if the update helps.

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
So did it help the rebooting issue? If I stay with Windows Phone I want to get a M8 but this is the reason that is holding me back. Would like to know if the update helps.

Most Windows Phones have a rebooting issue to some degree. I can't tell you if it helped or not...I've rebooted twice in 5 weeks.

scotiez

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I had my One m8 for 3 weeks when it started rebooting every hour. Its now been over 6 days since it rebooted and its working perfectly. I had disabled all the apps from running in the back ground except Cortana, calendars, and music. I waited to see if that fixed it and it did so I now have facebook running in the background too. I also leave a couple apps open and all has been fine. I am totally happy with it again.

ShannyMan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
After almost two days with this update, I haven't had a single reboot and the phone hasn't gone nuclear either. I've reinstalled many of my apps and will keep putting more on there throughout the day. I was about ready to go back to my 928 which had never randomly rebooted, but now I'm very happy with M8 device after this update.

scotiez

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I uninstalled Bing Weather also. Its been 6 1/2 days since my last reboot. All the weather apps that I have researched isn't accurate for my area anyway. I have NOAA on internet explorer pinned to my start screen. Loads up fast and has my radar map that I need and i'm good with that.

scotiez

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Well it is now over 8 days since my phone rebooted and I uninstalled a lot of useless apps, and some that I did want to keep but removed them anyway. I still have NO idea what was causing the reboot. I have searched endlessly for a decent weather app for the windows phone platform that does not have advertising so I am willing to pay for a decent app. I came up with 0 and very disappointed. Its almost to the point where I may go back to IPhone. I have reinstalled the Bing Weather app to see if this is the reason my phone was rebooting. For Weather information its a fair app but the radar map sucks for my area. I will let you all know if my phone starts rebooting after reinstalling and running this app in the background using my location. Other apps I have running in the background is Calendar, Music, Cortana, and Facebook. I also have my location services turned on.

originalstarlite

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I like Amazing HD Weather a lot. It even has its own Lock Screen that I did use for awhile, but I started missing those Bing pictures
It is a pay app but a trial is offered.

scotiez

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I have tried Amazing Weather HD, It wanted to use a Weather Station 25 miles away instead of the ones we have right in town.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa