HTC One M8 for windows Keeps Rebooting

TKL888

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
My new HTC One M8 Windows phone has rebooted several times in the past 3 days on it's own. Anyone else having the same problem?

pusta

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Yup. Mine did it once last night while charging and 3 times today just sitting on my desk. I just did a reset to see if it helps at all, but pretty annoying.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I thought I only rebooted once - but apparently I'm rebooting every few hours!! I installed the app "WP Uptime" to keep an eye on it - and every few hours when I check it, it shows uptime at only 30-60 mins, meaning it had restarted. My longest uptime so far is 2 hours 46 mins.

Why the heck is this phone restarting on its own like that? I need a stable phone - coming from a Galaxy S3 which I restarted once every month or so.

A friend had a Nokia 920 that did that. He replaced it 3 times, and each model kept rebooting. So he gave up and got an Icon instead - that phone is much more stable according to him.

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
It's probably a WP issue and not device related.. My 920 did that all the time, my 1020 less often but still at least once per day, and so does my 925...

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
You should try a hard reset.

Also, do you have an memory card (apps in it also?) too slow memory card could be the cause. Also you can try reformating the card on the phone. All cards should be formated on the device.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Okay - I left my phone alone yesterday after installing WP Uptime. It hasn't restarted yet - uptime this morning is 23 hours 17 mins. I also didn't charge it last night like I usually do - still has 78% battery after 23 hours!

I'll take it out today to see if it restarts - perhaps being in my pocket moves things (or flexes the phone structure) and causes the restart.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
My new HTC One M8 Windows phone has rebooted several times in the past 3 days on it's own. Anyone else having the same problem?
Maybe an app not playing nice. Have you D/L'd anything right before it began rebooting? If not and your 14 day return window is still open get another.

David Hilliard

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Okay - I left my phone alone yesterday after installing WP Uptime. It hasn't restarted yet - uptime this morning is 23 hours 17 mins. I also didn't charge it last night like I usually do - still has 78% battery after 23 hours!

I'll take it out today to see if it restarts - perhaps being in my pocket moves things (or flexes the phone structure) and causes the restart.

With my 8X, using cellular was usually the cause of the reboots. I now use my 8X only on wifi. No reboots. I also noticed if I left my phone alone, no reboots. I mention all of this because they are both HTC phones and the reboots sound similar. I could be way off base *shrugs*.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I've used plenty of cell data and wifi. Just got the One M8 today, but it has not rebooted on it's own since I picked it up. I installed Uptime on it just so I can check, but so far it has been stable and superfast.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Wow! I was keeping my eye on that gorgeous beast but I might hold off until I see a resolution to this issue. I have a cheap Android phablet (Blu Life View 8) that is presently at 816 hours of uptime. That's over 34 days without any resets and coincidentally, that's how long I've had it. No freezes, no hangs, nothing. I think this whole buggy Android myth is just that, a myth. If a plain white wrapper Android can go this long, maybe it's the OEM skins that are f*****g up.

Last edited:

pusta

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Exchanged my M8 for a new one at a Verizon store today. Set it up with just the factory apps and it went most of the day with no reboots. Added all my apps back on and the reboots started up again. So good news is it seems app related. The bad news is I need to figure out which one. :/

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I did a restore and brought back most everything from my 928 (except the Nokia apps). No reboots, but would be more than happy to share app lists if that would help you eliminate some. Are you installing the apps in the system storage or on SD? I've seen phones have reboot issues when apps are stored on microSD.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Exchanged my M8 for a new one at a Verizon store today. Set it up with just the factory apps and it went most of the day with no reboots. Added all my apps back on and the reboots started up again. So good news is it seems app related. The bad news is I need to figure out which one. :/

I am curious if all your apps have been updated so it plays nice with the latest OS updates. If one of them hasn't could be your culprit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon