HTC One M8 for windows Keeps Rebooting

David Hilliard

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody checked out the sim card slot? I ask because the 8X was problematic with the sim card slot and was the cause of errors and reboots for many. A little scotch tape fixed it for most people.

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
What's weird for me is that it never happens while I'm using the phone... I can be listening to music for a few hours or reading news and it's fine. Put it down to watch tv... Reboot loop.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
It could be the battery's connection to the hardware of the phone that does the reboot loop.......
Sounds familiar to me in the time of BB10 when it first came out...But also software related... most of the Z 10 have got better software wise...

pusta

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
What's weird for me is that it never happens while I'm using the phone... I can be listening to music for a few hours or reading news and it's fine. Put it down to watch tv... Reboot loop.

Exactly what I am experiencing. I moved every app to the phones memory, took out the SD card, and it still reboots. At this point I don't think it's an App problem. Also, the phone reboots when it's just sitting on my desk not moving, but never when it's actually in use, so I have to image this is a WP OS problem.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Exactly what I am experiencing. I moved every app to the phones memory, took out the SD card, and it still reboots. At this point I don't think it's an App problem. Also, the phone reboots when it's just sitting on my desk not moving, but never when it's actually in use, so I have to image this is a WP OS problem.

Either that or it's a connection problem in the batch of phones.

I've had no reboots other than the one's I've initiated myself. My current uptime is past 36 hours and that reboot happened when I rebooted the device. I've plugged and unplugged a couple of times, had it in my pocket, had it in my desk, had it in my car seat.

Is your Bluetooth on? I know I had problems with the 822 at first until a fix came through over it rebooting when Bluetooth was active. I tend to leave Bluetooth off on my phone. Maybe that's the issue?

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
It's probably a WP issue and not device related.. My 920 did that all the time, my 1020 less often but still at least once per day, and so does my 925...

I draw the opposite conclusion. My 920 has rebooted maybe twice in a year. I find WP to be very stable and always have, no matter which WP device I've had they've all been stable.

Penguindrunk

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I originally thought it was Facebook Messenger, but after 5 hours of uptime it rebooted again. I'm basically uninstalling one app at a time until I figure this out.

fingers crossed... so far today since i uninstalled facebook messenger yesterday around 7pm and plugged my phone in to charge all night at around 1am (with no reboots from 7pm-1am after uninstalling FBmess) i have not had a reboot yet today, unplugged from my charger at about 9am. so 3 hours into the day and no reboots.

pusta

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Either that or it's a connection problem in the batch of phones.

I've had no reboots other than the one's I've initiated myself. My current uptime is past 36 hours and that reboot happened when I rebooted the device. I've plugged and unplugged a couple of times, had it in my pocket, had it in my desk, had it in my car seat.

Is your Bluetooth on? I know I had problems with the 822 at first until a fix came through over it rebooting when Bluetooth was active. I tend to leave Bluetooth off on my phone. Maybe that's the issue?

Happens with Bluetooth on and off. One thing I noticed is if I'm using the phone, it doesn't reboot. I'm going to try leaving some apps running in the background and see if that makes a difference. I'm usually pretty anal about closing apps. It's so sporadic too. Yesterday I went 12 hours of uptime, and then it rebooted twice in 2 hours.

My first phone was from verizonwireless.com, wherever their warehouse is, and the second from a local store in Dallas, TX. They could be the same batch I guess, but they seem pretty spread apart.

Penguindrunk

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
fingers crossed... so far today since i uninstalled facebook messenger yesterday around 7pm and plugged my phone in to charge all night at around 1am (with no reboots from 7pm-1am after uninstalling FBmess) i have not had a reboot yet today, unplugged from my charger at about 9am. so 3 hours into the day and no reboots.

spoke too soon.... 4:25pm.. just had a reboot after using the tumblr app for the first time. could be the issue? idk.. fb messenger still uninstalled.. far less frequent since i uninstalled that at the very least..... I'm not going to give up on the phone because honestly i really like it. Hopefully we get some sort of update to solve this soon... i'll keep checking here for solutions.

pusta

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
This may sound crazy, but those with reboot problems, do you always close apps when done with them, or just hit the Windows button? I noticed my M8 never reboots when I'm actually using it, so I left some apps running in the background all day today, and so far my uptime is 7 hours. Not sure if this is the answer yet, just trying to correlate information.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
This may sound crazy, but those with reboot problems, do you always close apps when done with them, or just hit the Windows button? I noticed my M8 never reboots when I'm actually using it, so I left some apps running in the background all day today, and so far my uptime is 7 hours. Not sure if this is the answer yet, just trying to correlate information.

No reboot issues here, but I also rarely ever close apps and just let the OS handle it.

Mrloof

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Well to add to this thread I have now replaced my HTC Windows M8 twice and both times it still reboot's. HTC is no help they just tell you to do a hard reset and all should be ok, there Is no apps on my phone at all and it still reboots the only thing is right about of the box and it still reboots, I love the phone and trying to figure out if it is worth keeping and hoe they get it worked out or just trash it 13 days left on my 14 days =(

pusta

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Left messaging running in the background all, day today. 14 hours without a reboot. If you are having reboot issues see if leaving an app running fixes it.

Penguindrunk

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Left messaging running in the background all, day today. 14 hours without a reboot. If you are having reboot issues see if leaving an app running fixes it.

i'll try it... but thats just kinda crappy... if this is gonna be something they don't fix until a new model comes out then im just gonna have to get something else... as much as i love the phone. this is a pretty bad bug to have out of the box.

looking at another 7 reboots today.. ill try keeping a text messaging page open and like a clock or something that dosnt use data.

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I dont have the HTC One M8, I have a Nokia Lumia 928. I've never had the reboot issue until updating to the developers preview WP 8.1 Update 1. If I am not mistaken, the HTC One M8 came with WP 8.1 Update 1.

I believe this is a bug in WP 8.1 Update 1. I never had the problem in WP 8.1.

Hope this helps.

pusta

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I know it sounds crazy, but I kept an app running in the background yesterday and so far I've had 24 hours of uptime. Prior to that I had several reboots a day. I don't think it's an app causing this, because if I factory reset the phone and don't install anything I get reboots as well. My guess is there's a bug in 8.1.1 relating to idle state or something like that.

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely an inconsistent issue (which I guess is a good thing?) I've had no resets the last... 36 hours maybe? I check by looking if a bunch of stuff is open when I hold back... and thus far it's been ok.

Are any of you using the Dot case? I noticed that the only time I was getting reboots was the day it was out of the case.

Perhaps the (hidden) background process required by the case keeps it from rebooting?

I'd test it but I'd rather not have my phone rebooting again lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte