HTC One M8 for windows Keeps Rebooting

matty032

Feb 22, 2007
Visit site
I have an HTC X8, and it has never rebooted on me. Most stable phone I have ever had. May be an app you guys have in common.

Sent from my Windows Phone

epyon9283

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
An app really shouldn't be able to crash the phone.

I reduced the number of live tiles on my m8 and it still rebooted again on Friday when I was trying to get it to connect to a Bluetooth device. :angry:

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
An app really shouldn't be able to crash the phone.

I reduced the number of live tiles on my m8 and it still rebooted again on Friday when I was trying to get it to connect to a Bluetooth device. :angry:

I still think its a tower issue. I might have missed it, but do you still reboot if you keep the phone in airplane mode for extended times?

scotiez

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I have had mine since launch and after having it for about 3 weeks it started rebooting every hour. After doing this for about 24 hours straight I had disabled all apps from running in the background except for messaging and calendar. I also left these two apps open. My phone quit rebooting and I slowly turned all apps that I wanted to run in the background to see if my rebooting started up again. I went for 23 days with out a reboot but I ended up rebooting it myself cause the system started to run sluggish. My phone still has not rebooted on its own, but I do manually reboot once a week just because. I do think an app was corrupt or was receiving bad data causing my phone to reboot. How ever I still have never found out what exactly caused it. M8 has been running flawlessly, best phone I've ever had.

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I was having the reboot issue as well recently, I removed Cortana live tile from the screen and I have not had a reboot since. I know this was an issue at some point with my Icon (I can't remember exactly what that issue was but unpinning Cortana resolved the issue as well) so just throwing that out there as another option to try.

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have started using my HTC One 2 days ago, and have witnessed 3 reboots. Luckily the phone reboot is pretty fast, so I can go back to it immediately.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Oddly enough, I'm back to rebooting after several weeks of great performance. Like Epyon, mine seems to reboot when it makes a bluetooth connection in my car. Not all the time - but perhaps 10% of the time. I see my car say "Connected to Windows Phone" and then I see the HTC logo out of the corner of my eye.

Otherwise, nothing has changed on the phone (aside from app updates)

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Is everyone that posts they are having the reboot issue using live folders on the start screen? I have a Lumia phone. When I started to use the live folders, I would have random reboot problems. When I removed the live folders, I no longer have reboots. For my phone it seems to be a flaw with the live folders.

ShannyMan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I use the folders and don't have any reboot issues, but I do have an inconsistent issue with my phone (M8) overheating still. The reboot issues seemed to go away with that HTC update a while back, but these issues with the phone going nuclear still seem to be around. Sometimes when it happens, I'll just put it in airplane mode for a while, then when I turn it all back on, it's fine. It's so random.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Maybe another idea is how many live tiles are on the start screen including all in the live folder. Possibly having to many is causing a strain on resources enough to cause rebooting. That might be the flaw, just a thought

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
That's an interesting thought because I had tons of folders with lots of apps. I could try again with less apps and folders. Also I have not tried again since the latest dev preview update...could be fixed

Joseph Lewkovich

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the rebooting issue as well, and I do indeed have a lot of live tiles (including two folders with 3-4 tiles each). I like my start screen to have a lot of activity and tiles so I'm kind of annoyed that the OS can't handle it. I'll just live with the rebooting for now.

CAMertens

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I bought my wife the HTC M8 last week and we noticed the reboots. Verizon support suggested taking it back to the store but before doing that I thought I would try HTC support. I gave them my IMEI number and did the live chat. The support technician almost immediately said the rebooting was a known issue and HTC is working on a fix that will be delivered OTA. Support indicated that the issue was related to too many live tiles onto the start screen. A temporary solution is to remove live tiles until the rebooting stops. I've not decided what to do, as we are still in our 14 day period I could return but Verizon doesn't really offer any other Windows Phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb