My question about the M8 is simple.....Is M8 Flagship like HD2??

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
This question goes out to any who have now used both an M8 and an HD2....

I have to say I was a huge HTC fan when I used the HD2 ( even ran WP7 on it). I was gutted when they killed it but even moved to the HTC Radar based on how well HTC had a grasp of the Hubs. I left after seeing the 8X and 8S as my feeling was they just wanted to copy Nokia (just my feeling), any way I was bitten by Nokia bug and was hooked.

So now looking at the M8 with Windows I get the feeling HTC is back on track and playing to what they know best. Metal with brushed look, Black accents, and great sound. HTC to me has always stood out with Industrial design...more classic and classy not fun and fruity with color.

So how does the M8 feel in the hand....solid like the HD2? I think the specs of the M8 are Flagship range.

What are your thoughts of the M8 compaired to the HTC HD2?????

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Have you seen the Android HTC One M8? From what I understand, the hardware of the Windows Phone version is identical to the Android version.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Have you seen the Android HTC One M8? From what I understand, the hardware of the Windows Phone version is identical to the Android version.

Another reason why I would like some thoughts on this device....the HD2 could run Android up to Jellybean I think.....been some time since I was over at XDA.

I am wondering if this M8 could be HTC's next HD2.....looks wise it has my attention.....I liked the look when it first came out with Android, but not being an Android user I passed over without much thought.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Another reason why I would like some thoughts on this device....the HD2 could run Android up to Jellybean I think.....been some time since I was over at XDA.

I am wondering if this M8 could be HTC's next HD2.....looks wise it has my attention.....I liked the look when it first came out with Android, but not being an Android user I passed over without much thought.

From what has been said about it so far is that the bootloaders aren't going to be an issue with it,so hopefully we will see some development on it in the future.

I watched some of the last podcast here and it seems that they don't like the idea of a dual boot option for it for some reason which makes no sense to me at all given the state of both Android and 8.1 so I think they don't realize how many people would want it....

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think its going to be an HD2. I think it best compares to Palm making Windows Mobile versions of their Treos. OS'es couldn't be swapped, but hardware was almost the same.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
To answer the question about it being a flagship phone...yes...but...the hd2 was unique in many ways that the m8 isn't right now. While the hardware blows ihd2 out of the water,how HTC added it's Sense over WM 6.5 isn't really here...nor can you tweak everything like it. Opera isn't here and your stuck with IE and all the copycats of it. The registry tweaks alone made it one of the coolest features the hd2 had...I would bet my last dollar that someone at HTC has combined the two as they did on that one,but we won't see it for a while if ever from HTC. It's a real shame too...blending the best of both on one device....oh well

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos