What is my dot vew case telling me?

lizziej

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded to the One for Windows over the weekend and bought a dot view case at the same time. Most of the icons are self explanatory but this screen has me stumped. It appears seemingly at random. I'm not aware of doing anything different or activating anything to get this screen. Please help!

wp_ss_20140825_0004.jpg

danwanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to the One for Windows over the weekend and bought a dot view case at the same time. Most of the icons are self explanatory but this screen has me stumped. It appears seemingly at random. I'm not aware of doing anything different or activating anything to get this screen. Please help!

View attachment 78351

I've seen the same today, and my best guess is a meeting reminder. Do you have an all day meeting on your calendar? Mine have all shown a time ex: 3:00 | 3:30

aZarules

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site

View attachment 78351

How do you like the phone? Is it crazy fast? Are you seeing loading/resuming screen? If so, is it for too long?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How do you like the phone? Is it crazy fast? Are you seeing loading/resuming screen? If so, is it for too long?

this isnt really the best place for it, it would be far better to give your question its own thread.
you'd get more exposure too.

lizziej

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I've seen the same today, and my best guess is a meeting reminder. Do you have an all day meeting on your calendar? Mine have all shown a time ex: 3:00 | 3:30

Hmm, I do have calendar events but not all day and not close to the time when the screen appeared.
It seems like the red arrow points down (like in call dismissal) but pulling down does nothing.

lizziej

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't commute. Swipe down is dismissal of various alerts, as well as activate Cortana.

I think danwanna is in the right vicinity. I've managed to bring it up intentionally using all day events. It's seems it's only the first time you use the phone during the event, or right before it. I'm still not really sure thou

scotiez

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
It has to do with scheduled events in the calendar for that day. I use my calendar often and is very important to my day to day activities. You must have something in the calendar for it to show through your dot view case, Its just a reminder though so you can swipe down to dismiss it.

lizziej

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
It has to do with scheduled events in the calendar for that day. I use my calendar often and is very important to my day to day activities. You must have something in the calendar for it to show through your dot view case, Its just a reminder though so you can swipe down to dismiss it.
Additionally, iI've seen it pop up as a response to Cortana location based reminders. I wish more information was shown as I dong know what I am dismissing without opening the case - which then defeats the point of the dot case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99