HTC One (M8) for Windows on all four major carriers?

Anthony112409p

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
HTC One M8 for Windows reportedly heading to T-Mobile and Sprint too | WinBeta

As we all are well aware, it is rumored (and very likely true) that the new HTC one M8 will be coming to Sprint and T-Mobile, as well as the already-announced AT&T. That will make it the very first Windows Phone that is available on all four of the major carriers. This is obviously great news for people like me who are T-Mobile customers, but I'm wondering if this is actually a good thing for a phone that was initially announced as an exclusive.

I think it is likely that many (Samsung & LG for starters) are watching the HTC One M8 for Windows to see whether they want to dip their toes further into the Windows Phone with new devices. However, it also seems like they are very short-sighted and only see what happens out of the gate instead of in the long term. With the AT&T announcement and the very likely true T-Mobile and Sprint rumors, those who were likely to head into Verizon and pick one up are now likely going to wait. Is this a good or bad thing?

Then again, maybe I have it all wrong. What do you guys think?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It is a good thing that it when a phone is available on all carriers, as that substantially increases you potential user base 100(+) fold. As opposed to having it confined to one carrier exclusively, as there are alot of people on AT&T who would have bought the icon but can't due to circumstances i.e work plan, coverage issues. Plus to compound matters, the icon got released 6 months later internationally as the 930 in a rather odd spot.

So I am hoping the M8 comes to all carriers globally as well before the Christmas shopping spree starts.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
They would have sold way more if they had released it worldwide at first...

Now if folks have to wait long they will loose any traction they had....

I hope they realize this.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss