AT&T to start pre-orders of M8 by Sept. 2nd?

MaC121

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
So it seems that they are not taking Pre-Orders today unless I read incorrectly? No one may know, but does anyone have an insight on how long Verizons exclusivity will last? I heard that it may be 30 days? If so I guess we will be hearing about it in the coming weeks. I will buy 2 of these on the day they release for AT&T!

PAC757

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Ran into a corporate AT&T store today for something and while I was there I asked about the pre order status of the HTC One M8, the "kid" I asked said there is no HTC One M8 for Windows, I must have have meant the HTC 8x. So even the AT&T employees are clueless that this phone even exists

PAC757

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
looks like someone over at XDA went to speak to an AT&T rep for when the M8 will be released on AT&T. the rep told him that pre-orders start on September 2nd and usually the retail the units the following week.

Source: HTC One (M8) for Windows - Post #280 - XDA Forum

So today being the 9th I would say that the AT&T rep this guy over in XDA talked to didn't know what he was talking about, not really surprised most carrier reps go on rumors also.

idokamaroq

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I wish AT&T would hurry up and at least tell us when it'll be available. Right now, there isn't really an upgrade from my 920 except for the 1520, which is way too big for my taste. The 1020 has the old S4 processor, and I don't want to upgrade from my 24 month old phone to a 14 month old phone. I'd rather have a newer flagship that'll hopefully be more future-proof. That's why I got the 920, which I'd just continue using if it wasn't dying and having so many software issues (which I've tried to fix with hard resets and re-flashing the phone... everything just got worse. Especially with AT&T's release of the Cyan firmware. The DP of WP 8.1.1 on Lumia Black firmware was way more stable.)
Maybe there's something to do with the timed exclusivity contract of the M8 that says that other carriers can't announce a release date until whenever, but whatever it is, it's working because Verizon looks more and more appealing every day. You really dropped the ball on this one, AT&T.
(Sorry if that got a little rant-ish. Lol)

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
When the M8 came out in March, Verizon had a one-month timed exclusive for the glacial silver model, which became available from AT&T in April.

I don't have any insight, just sayin'. The WP 8.1 version was available on Aug 19, so hopefully some good news will come soon.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
According to some articles on the interwebs, "sources familiar with the matter" say Verizon's exclusivity period "may be as short as 60 days."

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss