PAC757

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Having owned a HTC One M8 android version in Gunmetal Gray I would highly recommend getting a case, and quickly. The color of the phone is not through and through, its like a painted finish and doesn't take much to scratch it. Add to this that the metal and glass construction makes holding on to this phone about the same as holding on to a wet bar of soap.

PAC757

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
P.S. I'm not putting the phone down, it's just a fact the finish is fragile and it is hard to keep a hold on it.
I really like that HTC is getting back into the windows phone market, I just never had any luck with an HTC windows phone in the past.

lparsons21

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered a couple cases.

The HTC Dot View case and a Trident Aegis case.

Got them both at Amazon for very good prices.

But I came very close to not getting a case at all until reading about the fragility of the finish on the backside. The phone is just so good looking that it really does seem a shame to put a case on it.

I'm not worried about the glass as I carried an iPhone 5 in my pants pocket for about 2 years with a cheap case that only covered the metal and the phone looked brand new when I traded it in. No reason to expect the HTC One M8 to be any different in that respect.

I will say that the design of the HTC Dot View case is intriguing.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk

lparsons21

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Ain't NO way I'd use this phone without a case. Too slippery.

Sent from my DX4860 using Tapatalk

If by 'slippery' you mean it slips in and out of my pocket with ease, I'd agree. But in my hands it doesn't feel any slippier than my iPhone 5 did.

Sent from my 23-n010 using Tapatalk

scotiez

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I bought the dot view case and the casemate barely there clear case. I am currently using the dot view case as I think its kinda cool, but I do find it difficult to use with the cover flipped over to the back as it does not lay flat. If it wasn't for that it would be an ideal case. I have not used the casemate barely there clear case yet. I bought it cause I have had one of these in the past on my iPhone 5 that I traded in for the One m8. I bought the clear cause I do love the look of the HTC One m8 and didn't want to cover it up. I am not a person who buys a case for drop protection or against water, I mainly wanted a case to protect against scratches and stuff as I carry it in my pocket or belt pouch all the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire