HTC One M8 Windows lock screen not changing issue

MrVanimal

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey all. I just picked up my One 2 nights ago and I love it so far. I've only had 1 issue and I'm hoping somebody can help. This is my 4th Windows 8 phone (822, 928, Icon, One) so I'm used to the OS. The issue I'm having is when I try to change the lockscreen background to one of my own saved pictures, it reverts to the default background when you initially setup the phone. I can change it to any pre loaded backgrounds fine, just not my own photos that I saved. I never had this issue with my previous 3 Nokia phones. Is there something special I need to do with the One that HTC put in place? Any help would be appreciated,

stomaaas

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Just got the phone 2 days ago, and it's my second Windows Phone, as well as my third HTC phone. Haven't had this issue before. I'm having the exact same issue, and I keep searching in forums but I haven't seen many others with the same issue :/ If this is the only bug I've got to deal with, it's not the end of the world, but still it's a bit of a nuisance. I can change the lock screen photo to any of the background images it supplies you with, but if I try to use one of my saved photos, it changes back to the original. I can select a saved picture, crop it and everything, it's just not showing upon the lock screen. And yet funnily enough, it works when you use a saved photo for a start background. I wonder if a reboot would fix it? But, I've got all my stuff set up and I don't really want to go through the hassle of re-downloading apps, setting up accounts, etc. So, if anyone has info, please help!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel