The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
09-14-2014 08:02 PM
242 ... 56789 ...
tools
    It doesn't even matter when prefaced by this:

Its just another Micah post that hides M8 bashing inside of other posts. He undermines his own points with personal bias. My first thought is he would fix his problem by not reading an M8 forum, but anyway...
    I rather see excellent hardware have multiple OS choices when considering buying. I should not have to be locked down to an OS to enjoy a particular phone. I am not asking for dual boot phones, but the ability to chose the OS I want with the phone I want during a purchase. To wish against such a thing is anti-choice and rather selfish.
    you really love hitting the quote button on me don't you JUST so you can speak to me<3 Cute.
    Perhaps you should read the rest of the post instead of quoting parts of the post, K?

or better yet ignore me and don't quote me<3
    09-04-2014 07:58 AM
    you really love hitting the quote button on me don't you JUST so you can speak to me<3 Cute.
    Perhaps you should read the rest of the post instead of quoting parts of the post, K?

or better yet ignore me and don't quote me<3
    I read it, but it doesn't matter. It's like people who say "no offense but..."

They say that because they intended to offend. It doesn't matter what they say next. You are no different. You meant what you said.

Don't like me quoting you? YOU could ignore me. The "reply with quote" feature is not the "reply with quote except for Micah" feature.

It's hard to take you serious when you post things like wanting people to stop saying great things about the M8. You undermined your whole post from there on out.
    09-04-2014 08:22 AM

They say that because they intended to offend. It doesn't matter what they say next. You are no different. You meant what you said.

Don't like me quoting you? YOU could ignore me. The "reply with quote" feature is not the "reply with quote except for Micah" feature.

It's hard to take you serious when you post things like wanting people to stop saying great things about the M8. You undermined your whole post from there on out.

I have to say some of Micah's points were valid once you get past the initial disclaimer.
    09-04-2014 08:33 AM
    98% of it was made up in his mind.

People hate Android!, carriers hate Android!, satisfaction rate below 30%!..lol. This was the ultimate "I hate Google" rant, and every single bullet point he made was wrong. Awesome post though, I love the enthusiasm.
    I would agree that most android users don't customize their phones like those that post on forums, but I don't think the dislike towards android/Google is that bad. Most people seem fairly satisfied with their phones, or at least the people I know.
    09-04-2014 08:36 AM
    I have to say some of Micah's points were valid once you get past the initial disclaimer.
    The disclaimer didn't need to be made to make valid points. The post stands alone without it, and especially without it being bolded. I think intentions were pretty clear on that one.

I would agree that most android users don't customize their phones like those that post on forums, but I don't think the dislike towards android/Google is that bad. Most people seem fairly satisfied with their phones, or at least the people I know.
    The majority of Google hatred comes from two main camps:

The highly technical
    The paranoid that believe everything they read

Those are not majority groups (nor does everyone from each group dislike them), so no, the dislike is not that bad, and marketshare of Android and popularity of Google is proof of it.
    Last edited by Adrynalyne; 09-04-2014 at 08:56 AM.
    09-04-2014 08:46 AM

People hate Android!, carriers hate Android!, satisfaction rate below 30%!..lol. This was the ultimate "I hate Google" rant, and every single bullet point he made was wrong. Awesome post though, I love the enthusiasm.
    Very true. You have to give these folks credit for their creative writing skills, or pity them for being so biased that they actually believe their own delusional rants.....lol

What I find interesting is that the next iteration of the One should be out in March of 2015..and the rumours for high end lumina are suggesting the same time frame. With the hardware that the m9 is going to have I wonder what the chances will be that HTC will license some of the Lumina software on the new camera that is supposed to be in it ? Talk about a Galaxy killer.

Micah wants WP to be more Apple like,well that's cool , but since the largest iPhone won't be out till then...they are becoming more like HTC already is and how Microsoft is going to be releasing their best in the spring. Smart move really since that is income tax return time...and all the other flagship phones are old news by then ,get the kiddies mid or low end phones for Christmas and Mom and Dad gets their own new flagship phone then after Christmas is paid for not to mention giving all the tech sites something to write about all spring and summer to write about.

How's that for marketing.....yessirree it's going to get very interesting I do believe .

We will see how HTC handles the firmware updates to this phone especially with the Denim implementation. If they get on it quickly and push it out fast then while this phone won't take the Galaxy's place or the Lumina's title but will certainly be the One to usher in a new era for WP..

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android
    09-04-2014 09:36 AM

I never said people should stop saying great things about the M8. Praise it all you want.
    I said i wish people would stop acting l like the M8 is a game changer.

At the end of the day it is a Windows Phone.
    Nobody cares that it has an SD card slot, IR blaster or Front Facing Speakers that the Lumia lacks anymore than people care that it lacks a 20-41 megapixel camera(though now 830 even beats it and it is mid range lol) .

It's still a windows phone and no different really from any other windows phone and it is not going to be the phone that saves us or helps the platform majorly simply because as long as the stigma of Windows Phone lacking apps and features exist, the platform will suffer.

As I said above, it's not about wanting Lumia only devices.
    I applaud Lumia for what they've done....

They Brought the World's first High Res Cameraphone in the Lumia 1020(and that 808 phone).
    They Brought Windows Phone's first phablet in the 1520.

But i want a Surface type design now and I want phones that are made for Windows Phone. Unique Designs akin to 8x...Something unique and fresh.
    Not just another Lumia(though i certainly have no problem with the Lumia line...it's what i support) and not android rehashes.

It has nothing to do with being selfish(that is BS). It's me as Windows Phone fan believing we deserve something besides gradual evolutions(Lumia) and Second hand rehashes(M8).

Please stop telling me what MY INTENTIONS are and what MY THOUGHTS are and Motivation are. You do not know me and if you can't have a conversation and a friendly debate without telling me what I, the person who feels said way, feels then you really have no need to speak to me unless you wanna defend your precious device.

If you pay close enough attention, I was critical above and now of Both Lumia and the M8 :)
    At the end of the day, I support Lumia devices over all Windows phone...i refuse to buy anything else that is not Lumia presently. Because HTC has done nothing to deserve my money nor have they done much for this platform.
    But....I can acknowledge and attractive device in the M8.

But as I said before the epicness of Lumia and the Lovely features of the M8 are not what is going to help this platform and as long as as Windows Phone lacks apps, M8 will never be the galaxy of anything.
    09-04-2014 09:47 AM
    Why would an HTC phone get Denim?

It's made specifically for Lumia devices.....lol.

Also isn't Spring also the time when Samsung announces their Galaxy Devices. I seem to remember the Galaxy S5 being announced close to the time as the original M8.

And won't the larger iPhone becoming next week at their Apple announcement?
    I seriously doubt you'll see anything pureview Licensed to HTC as it'll effectively lessen the superiority that Lumias have anymore then you'll see Beats in a Lumia device. Or Ultrapixel in a Lumia(Spits in disgust)

But i don't see why HTC can't eventually bring 4K to their M8......I have heard that the Video Quality IS better on the M8 than it is average shots for Camera.

And yes you're right...I want an Apple Approach.

Or at least an Android/Apple Hybrid.

High End Lumia with the best specs

High End Lumia with Phablet specs

Mid Range Lumia 830

and Low end Lumia 630

Release them all Globally....and i'd be happy :)

Very true. You have to give these folks credit for their creative writing skills, or pity them for being so biased that they actually believe their own delusional rants.....lol

What I find interesting is that the next iteration of the One should be out in March of 2015..and the rumours for high end lumina are suggesting the same time frame. With the hardware that the m9 is going to have I wonder what the chances will be that HTC will license some of the Lumina software on the new camera that is supposed to be in it ? Talk about a Galaxy killer.

Micah wants WP to be more Apple like,well that's cool , but since the largest iPhone won't be out till then...they are becoming more like HTC already is and how Microsoft is going to be releasing their best in the spring. Smart move really since that is income tax return time...and all the other flagship phones are old news by then ,get the kiddies mid or low end phones for Christmas and Mom and Dad gets their own new flagship phone then after Christmas is paid for not to mention giving all the tech sites something to write about all spring and summer to write about.

How's that for marketing.....yessirree it's going to get very interesting I do believe .

We will see how HTC handles the firmware updates to this phone especially with the Denim implementation. If they get on it quickly and push it out fast then while this phone won't take the Galaxy's place or the Lumina's title but will certainly be the One to usher in a new era for WP..

09-04-2014 09:52 AM
    People are, of course, always welcome to ignore certain posts. You only justify an argument by responding to it, after all.
    09-04-2014 10:12 AM
    People are, of course, always welcome to ignore certain posts. You only justify an argument by responding to it, after all.
    Oh i know. I just find humor in the fact that he feels the needs to dispute everything I say hehe.
    09-04-2014 10:51 AM
    Oh i know. I just find humor in the fact that he feels the needs to dispute everything I say hehe.
    Actually he was talking about ignoring you....lol

Sd cards,front facing speakers people don't want? You really need to rethink that because the majority of people do.
    Adrynalyne likes this.
    09-04-2014 11:00 AM

If the next version of the M8 is released at that time if I use Edge and get the M8 now I'd be in a good spot to get the next version. Hmmm.....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-04-2014 11:03 AM
    Actually he was talking about ignoring you....lol

Sd cards,front facing speakers people don't want? You really need to rethink that because the majority of people do.
    No sorry they don't.
    I'll give you the speakrs things

But the average user does not CARE about an SD Card. Heck, the average user likely has no idea what an SD card is and does. Apple has been for years sellling a device WITHOUT an SD Card LONG before SD cards/Android became a thing and that goes to show millions of people don't care.

I am not saying SD cards are not popular but for the Average Joe, no...the first thing an average user looks for is not an SD card.

That is something that matters to tech enthusiasts more so than Random guy who wants a good smartphone.

As I said I can give you front facing speakers but in this day and age, with the Instagram/Selfie craze, people also want a great camera as well. I have had my android fans hating on me for the fact my phone is better than theirs XD M

But an SD card is not something the MAJORITY of people are wanting. I've worked Retail and I know exactly the type of stuff people generally ask for and an SD card slot is not the 1st, 2nd or even 3rd thing out of their mouth.

1. Is it Fast?
    2. Does have a Good Camera?
    3. Does it have a lot of Apps.

An SD card slot on the M8 or lacking on Icon....is ONLY a big deal to Tech enthusiast aka the people who whined about the Icon Lacking it and praising the M8 for having it :)
    09-04-2014 11:33 AM
    No sorry they don't.

But the average user does not CARE about an SD Card. Heck, the average user likely has no idea what an SD card is and does. Apple has been for years sellling a device WITHOUT an SD Card LONG before SD cards/Android became a thing and that goes to show millions of people don't care.

I am not saying SD cards are not popular but for the Average Joe, no...the first thing an average user looks for is not an SD card.

That is something that matters to tech enthusiasts more so than Random guy who wants a good smartphone.

As I said I can give you front facing speakers but in this day and age, with the Instagram/Selfie craze, people also want a great camera as well. I have had my android fans hating on me for the fact my phone is better than theirs XD M

But an SD card is not something the MAJORITY of people are wanting. I've worked Retail and I know exactly the type of stuff people generally ask for and an SD card slot is not the 1st, 2nd or even 3rd thing out of their mouth.

1. Is it Fast?

An SD card slot on the M8 or lacking on Icon....is ONLY a big deal to Tech enthusiast aka the people who whined about the Icon Lacking it and praising the M8 for having it :)
    Everyone I know, including the non-technical ones, likes having an sd card option, and the ones who don't have it wish they did. Where are you collecting your stats about what most people want?
    09-04-2014 11:39 AM
    Everyone I know, including the non-technical ones, likes having an sd card option, and the ones who don't have it wish they did. Where are you collecting your stats about what most people want?
    1. The fact I worked retail selling phones
    2. The fact i tend to also have a lot of non-tech people i associate with/that are getting their first smartphones or just dont care really
    3. The fact Apple, who a lot of people to tend to label as the Innovative one(whether it is true or not), sells a product WITHOUT SD card support and if i am not mistaken, Apple's lower memory devices are usually the ones that sell the most anyway.

YMMV but i do have first hand experience with quite a many customers. I am not saying SD card support is not important(personally i don't care. I'd prefer a Phone with at least 32 GB...i had to make do with my 1520 and now with 8.1 I do use SD card. Personally i find SD cards annoying and they get corrupted quite a bit for me) but i am saying it is not one of the things that the average joe goes into a store looking for.

And usually when someone brags about their phone, they don't usually mention anything about a SD card support. They talk about the features of the device(Example: me with my Lumia camera) which is also why I said it is not as important to the MAJORITY as people claim.
    09-04-2014 11:45 AM
    1. The fact I worked retail selling phones
    2. The fact i tend to also have a lot of non-tech people i associate with/that are getting their first smartphones or just dont care really
    3. The fact Apple, who a lot of people to tend to label as the Innovative one(whether it is true or not), sells a product WITHOUT SD card support and if i am not mistaken, Apple's lower memory devices are usually the ones that sell the most anyway.

YMMV but i do have first hand experience with quite a many customers. I am not saying SD card support is not important(personally i don't care. I'd prefer a Phone with at least 32 GB...i had to make do with my 1520 and now with 8.1 I do use SD card. Personally i find SD cards annoying and they get corrupted quite a bit for me) but i am saying it is not one of the things that the average joe goes into a store looking for.

And usually when someone brags about their phone, they don't usually mention anything about a SD card support. They talk about the features of the device(Example: me with my Lumia camera) which is also why I said it is not as important to the MAJORITY as people claim.
    Anecdotal statistics.

09-04-2014 11:58 AM
    No sorry they don't.

1. Is it Fast?

Are you really serious?

This is 2014 not 2004...so just because you are behind times sure as hello..and just because you don't need it doesn't mean everyone else is..heck my 90 year old mother won't have a cell phone without having one or a large amount of internal memory.

Sd cards removes the need for huge amounts of internal memory....which many people want and need.... Wait till you go buy your iPhone with 128 gigs of storage space...then you will see why sd cards are so frigging important..
    09-04-2014 12:27 PM

Yeah, I just pull it out of my rear end. I don't manage business or have access to data with my work - oh wait, I do.

As I stated, people do not have loyalty to Android, they have loyalty to brands. If they had loyalty to Android, Nexus products would sell well. They don't. There's a reason Google doesn't tout Nexus sales. Yes, someone else makes the devices, but if that pure Android experience were a big seller, they would crow. They don't for a reason. Nexus sales are a blip. LG sold far more G2s than Nexus 5s. People are loyal or like the Samsung experience, the LG experience, the HTC experience, etc. Notice how that pure Motorola experience wasn't that big of a story?

For most people, the OS is just the UI they deal with. Geeks love the nuts and bolts, average users don't. Unfortunately for Android, average users often have to do more than they'd like. They have to manage which apps are open. They have to go digging deeply to remove a program. This is where both iOS and Windows Phone are superior, the user experience. In my experience, new Android users require a lot of hours of work just like many PC users do and did. That has been the same on the iPhone in the past too with centralized settings instead of linked settings from an application (such as email).

If you ask someone if they like their Galaxy S3 or S4 or whatever, they will respond positively. Ask them if they like the Android OS running on it and the sample dips because they begin thinking nuts and bolts. They begin thinking about having to actively close apps to save battery, etc. The survey data is clear. People like the brand, hate the OS. That's happened with Windows and still does. Windows 7 scored very highly across the board. Windows 8, not so much. 8.1 scores a bit better - though you always have to break Windows down by user category under 8.

Carriers do not like Android much but they also feel stuck with it. It was initially adopted to give competition to the iPhone, but the expenses have grown. Carriers bear the full burden of testing and deployment generally. Same for OEMs on the equipment. The cost is higher than just patent fees and Google access. Companies like Samsung don't give a lick because they have the capital and push volume. Smaller companies care and carriers care, but they don't have a viable third option to push in the US quite yet. Windows Phone is the closest, but there are smaller gaps in apps and larger gaps in perception. Verizon specifically wanted the One M8 as a piece in the perception battle. I know VZW people that are in management and they would love to see Android reduced because that means their cost is reduced. Microsoft works with them and provides support in deployment and testing. If they have an issue, they can call MS and get someone working with them to resolve it. Often in Android, they have to devise a solution themselves, harass the OEM, or just let it slide if the handset isn't terribly popular. Verizon's Android support cost for a year is well north of a billion. Their iPhone support cost is under $100M and if they extrapolated their Windows Phone costs to scale, that cost would be similar to the iPhone one. When accounting for equal volume, the support for Android costs the carrier five times what iOS or Windows Phone would at equivalent scale.

At present the great hope is that the iPhone 6 launch causes an erosion for Android. Projections indicate the larger screens are likely to cause a substantial increase in sales. The shame is that if Microsoft had played their cards right early by making the OS license fee free, it would have been a two front war against Android. But attacks are still possible in the future. The one to watch is Samsung. There's buzz that they are working at creating their own store for Android and have contacted Microsoft to supply location services and search services if they decide to leave the Google ecosystem. That's why Google has been working to try to placate Samsung. Tizen is a non-starter, but they are looking at options.
    Jas00555 likes this.
    09-04-2014 03:37 PM
    Anecdotal statistics.

NO more than yours :) Thanks!
    When you start off with "Everyone I know...."

that can be 1 to a million or no one but voices in your head :D So your "Anecdotal Statistics" can apply to you<3
    09-04-2014 04:07 PM
    Are you really serious?

This is 2014 not 2004...so just because you are behind times sure as hello..and just because you don't need it doesn't mean everyone else is..heck my 90 year old mother won't have a cell phone without having one or a large amount of internal memory.

Sd cards removes the need for huge amounts of internal memory....which many people want and need.... Wait till you go buy your iPhone with 128 gigs of storage space...then you will see why sd cards are so frigging important..
    Pretty sure I never said SD cards were not important. I said for me they do not matter. I am not someone who feels the need to keep a bunch of photos and movies on my phone ALL the time that I am not using :)

Would i take a phone with a crazy amount of memory? Of course. I use a Lumia...the phone's camera does take large pictures :P But i am fine with 32 GB and up until my 1520, I never really needed a SD card.

You're right, it is not 2004 anymore. For better or worse, in spite of the SD cloud, everyone is moving towards a cloud centric management system. Onedrive, iCloud, dropbox, etc etc aka a more modern thing.

Backing up their photos to flicker or similar products.

Streaming their music through Xbox Music, Spotify, Pandora, etc etc

So you're right, it is not 2004. People are evolving passed SD card. It's always fun when my tech illiterate Mom or even my Grandparents asked me, "Are we in the cloud?" :D

Again I never said SD cards are not important...To me they are highly irrelevant provided i have enough internal memory.
    I said based on my experience and also based off the Fact that millions and millions of iPhones are sold without one.

It is not the STANDARD and it is usually not the dealbreaker of Average Joe Shoppers.
    Again your mileage may very. Oh well :)

I am speaking from past experience of working with MANY customers with phone devices as well as people in my day to day life :)
    09-04-2014 04:14 PM
    I hope to see a galaxy with WP and more commitment from Samsung. Could be a boost for WP marketshare.. but welcome HTC, M8 is a great device
    09-04-2014 04:44 PM
    Yeah, I just pull it out of my rear end. I don't manage business or have access to data with my work - oh wait, I do.

As I stated, people do not have loyalty to Android, they have loyalty to brands. If they had loyalty to Android, Nexus products would sell well. They don't. There's a reason Google doesn't tout Nexus sales. Yes, someone else makes the devices, but if that pure Android experience were a big seller, they would crow. They don't for a reason. Nexus sales are a blip. LG sold far more G2s than Nexus 5s. People are loyal or like the Samsung experience, the LG experience, the HTC experience, etc. Notice how that pure Motorola experience wasn't that big of a story?

For most people, the OS is just the UI they deal with. Geeks love the nuts and bolts, average users don't. Unfortunately for Android, average users often have to do more than they'd like. They have to manage which apps are open. They have to go digging deeply to remove a program. This is where both iOS and Windows Phone are superior, the user experience. In my experience, new Android users require a lot of hours of work just like many PC users do and did. That has been the same on the iPhone in the past too with centralized settings instead of linked settings from an application (such as email).

If you ask someone if they like their Galaxy S3 or S4 or whatever, they will respond positively. Ask them if they like the Android OS running on it and the sample dips because they begin thinking nuts and bolts. They begin thinking about having to actively close apps to save battery, etc. The survey data is clear. People like the brand, hate the OS. That's happened with Windows and still does. Windows 7 scored very highly across the board. Windows 8, not so much. 8.1 scores a bit better - though you always have to break Windows down by user category under 8.

Carriers do not like Android much but they also feel stuck with it. It was initially adopted to give competition to the iPhone, but the expenses have grown. Carriers bear the full burden of testing and deployment generally. Same for OEMs on the equipment. The cost is higher than just patent fees and Google access. Companies like Samsung don't give a lick because they have the capital and push volume. Smaller companies care and carriers care, but they don't have a viable third option to push in the US quite yet. Windows Phone is the closest, but there are smaller gaps in apps and larger gaps in perception. Verizon specifically wanted the One M8 as a piece in the perception battle. I know VZW people that are in management and they would love to see Android reduced because that means their cost is reduced. Microsoft works with them and provides support in deployment and testing. If they have an issue, they can call MS and get someone working with them to resolve it. Often in Android, they have to devise a solution themselves, harass the OEM, or just let it slide if the handset isn't terribly popular. Verizon's Android support cost for a year is well north of a billion. Their iPhone support cost is under $100M and if they extrapolated their Windows Phone costs to scale, that cost would be similar to the iPhone one. When accounting for equal volume, the support for Android costs the carrier five times what iOS or Windows Phone would at equivalent scale.

At present the great hope is that the iPhone 6 launch causes an erosion for Android. Projections indicate the larger screens are likely to cause a substantial increase in sales. The shame is that if Microsoft had played their cards right early by making the OS license fee free, it would have been a two front war against Android. But attacks are still possible in the future. The one to watch is Samsung. There's buzz that they are working at creating their own store for Android and have contacted Microsoft to supply location services and search services if they decide to leave the Google ecosystem. That's why Google has been working to try to placate Samsung. Tizen is a non-starter, but they are looking at options.
    I can agree with a lot of this. Managing apps is a thing of the past, but the rest sounds fine to me. The big problem is that even though Verizon management is excited about Windows phone that doesn't necessarily translate into sales reps pushing them. I hope the M8 does well and others like LG and Samsung take notice and start making nice Windows phones.
    09-04-2014 05:02 PM
    In regards to SD cards, even though the cloud is more important than ever, more manufacturers are going back to SD cards. Both LG and HTC added SD cards to their flagships in 2014 that didn't have them in 2013. Out of the main flagship phones released in the US this year only the iPhone won't have an SD card slot. I haven't kept up with the Moto X successor so I don't know what it's rumored to have.
    09-04-2014 05:06 PM
    I apologize to the op for allowing myself to get into another argument with a real hater..it's extremely difficult not to..and I know full well that is exactly why he posts such pure bs every chance he can

It's a real shame that the moderators allow such nonsense to take place..
    09-04-2014 05:31 PM
    I apologize to the op for allowing myself to get into another argument with a real hater..it's extremely difficult not to..and I know full well that is exactly why he posts such pure bs every chance he can

It's a real shame that the moderators allow such nonsense to take place..
    Yes i am such a hater. I am having a debate and I am not even really Bashing the phone. Even though beforehand I was criticizing the M8 not trolling, I could understand why you and your other friend were getting so bothered. You like your phone.

We're talking about SD cards now and you're getting upset because I said, From my experience, an SD card is irrelevant to me and most average joes i come across :)

Me thinks you should chill out a bit. At the end of the day, We're Windows Phone Fans. I love Lumia and SUpport Lumia/Nokia becuase they earned it. You obviously are liking your M8.

Stop taking EVERYTHING I say as an attack. I'm Critical, I am not trolling :) If HTC can help the platform then good. I suppose it can also indirectly help Lumia. Do I think we need HTC? Nope. We didn't need them the last 2 years and I don't like these Android Rehash crap we're getting.

But at the end of the day, we're both WP users so if you can't stop getting so sensitive that someone criticizes your device, then perhaps you need to refocus your priorities on why you are getting so bent out of shape of a random 19 year old. I like Friendly Debates...But honestly this is getting kind of sad now. People prefer you to be segregated to your sections if you criticize a device.....or people feel the need to call you wrong for wanting a more uniformed approach with Windows Phone(I do not care for multiple OEMs releasing devices because look at the mess Android is) you're selfish and not considerate.

It's really sad and amusing at the same time.

In regards to SD cards, even though the cloud is more important than ever, more manufacturers are going back to SD cards. Both LG and HTC added SD cards to their flagships in 2014 that didn't have them in 2013. Out of the main flagship phones released in the US this year only the iPhone won't have an SD card slot. I haven't kept up with the Moto X successor so I don't know what it's rumored to have.
    Yeah they are, that is true. But I said that because people are making it sound like if a phone does NOT have an SD card it is a fail. Which is the overall point i was trying to make. Unfortunately, intelligent discussions can not be had with people to discuss the merit/features without falling into personal attacks and being labeled as a"Haters" or "jealous" :D

Case in point, I brought my Grandpa a lumia 635. He loves the device. He had been using an OLD HTC Amaze(that was one of HTC's best camera phones for Android) that my dad gave him. He knows apps and smartphones pretty well.

He did mention his SD card and I said "Papa, all you need to do is backup the photos to one drive and your PC. That way when you are not home, you can easily transfer files to and from your computer."

He said "Really? I can do that."

I nodded.
    He said that is pretty cool. He was under the impression he NEEDED the SD card and to carry EVERY little thing around with him all the time.

I think SD cards serve a purpose...GOing on long trips and needing to watch movies(though to be real that is what my Surface is for). Moving apps to your SD card but then again, if most people are like me, I have plenty of apps/games I never play or haven't played in like a year taking up space.

I don't think a lack of a SD card is a deal breaker PROVIDED the Internal Storage is sufficient enough. Nor do I think it is something MOST users actually care about especially since nowadays they no longer actually give you an SD card. Beforehand on some phones, they had one already installed. Nowadays people have to go out and buy it and we know how cheap people can be lol.

It's like people who say a phone lacking a Removable battery is a fail. No Average Joe cares about being able to swap out their battery. I laugh at people who go on and on about that because features like that(and the SD card) are not stuff average joes care about. My mother is a prime example...She doesnt care about a Removable battery. She brought one of those portable charger things.
    09-04-2014 06:14 PM
242 ... 56789 ...