I dumped my MacAir for Surface Pro 3. Love the SP3. Windows taking some getting used to all over again (haven't had a Windows computer for the last 4 years).

Now, I am considering HTC Windows phone to go along with it.

I love my Galaxy Note 3 but admit, I do not use the pen for it all that much. Loved the size, the speed.

My only concern would be apps. I don't play games, so I don't care about that. But I do use Gmail (we have Google Apps for business for work) for all my email, Evernote, Box, Calendar that syncs with my Google Calendar (this one is pretty big), Feedly, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Outside of that, not really many other apps that I feel are "critical for my business use.

Love the look of the HTC device and screen being 5 inches seems to be the sweet spot, I do like Android but I love the Live Tiles and just the overall feel of Windows.

I might be an exception to the rule but curious how people who might use Google apps or gmail feel about this. Any thoughts?

The Note 4 apparently is coming out and I'm definitely planning on seeing that first, but I have the choice to make the change if I want.

Thanks
    08-31-2014 01:39 PM
    I dumped my MacAir for Surface Pro 3. Love the SP3. Windows taking some getting used to all over again (haven't had a Windows computer for the last 4 years).

I love my Galaxy Note 3 but admit, I do not use the pen for it all that much. Loved the size, the speed.

My only concern would be apps. I don't play games, so I don't care about that. But I do use Gmail (we have Google Apps for business for work) for all my email, Evernote, Box, Calendar that syncs with my Google Calendar (this one is pretty big), Feedly, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Outside of that, not really many other apps that I feel are "critical for my business use.

Love the look of the HTC device and screen being 5 inches seems to be the sweet spot, I do like Android but I love the Live Tiles and just the overall feel of Windows.

I might be an exception to the rule but curious how people who might use Google apps or gmail feel about this. Any thoughts?

The Note 4 apparently is coming out and I'm definitely planning on seeing that first, but I have the choice to make the change if I want.

Thanks
    I came from a Note 3.

Evernote is on WP.
    Box is on WP.
    Facebook is on WP.
    LinkedIn is on WP.
    There is a feedly like app called Phonly.

Primary calendars for Gmail sync fine, as do contacts and emails. Shared calendars tend to get a bit tricky but i got them working. I sync four gmail accounts, one outlook.com account and an exchange account.
    maclancer likes this.
    08-31-2014 01:54 PM

Thanks
    Linked pin is intergrated into the OS,gmail can be used in the default email app, you can get an app called metromail which gives you almost the full gmail experience, I've heard google calendar works well with the calendar app since 8.1, and there is an app called nextgen reader which is a feedly client. There is an evernote app. Facebook is fine too.

Howeved if you are heavily reliant on Google apps like docs and drive since you said you use google apps for work and you aren't comfortable with 3rd party alternatives then this is not for you. But I recommend you should try since you seem to like windows alot.
    aximtreo likes this.
    08-31-2014 01:58 PM
    If you use Chromecast, Google drive and docs then WP probably isn't the platform for you. Other than that most of what you need is probably on windows phone. I would recommend going to a store and looking through the app store on a windows phone.
    08-31-2014 03:12 PM
    Well you get office so can still use, word, excel and powerpoint. We use gmail for work as well and never had a problem getting email instantly with built in mail app.
    08-31-2014 05:10 PM
    There is a 3rd party Google Drive app...never used though.

Google Drive on WP | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    08-31-2014 05:12 PM
    Why are you looking at the HTC? Wouldn't the Nokia 1520 be closer sizewise to what you are used to?
    08-31-2014 05:22 PM
    Why are you looking at the HTC? Wouldn't the Nokia 1520 be closer sizewise to what you are used to?
    My guess?

08-31-2014 05:23 PM
    My guess?
    Isn't the note over 6 inches?
    vistascan32 likes this.
    08-31-2014 05:36 PM
    Isn't the note over 6 inches?
    Only if 5.7inches is over 6 inches....besides, he stated that he feels 5 inches is the sweet spot.
    08-31-2014 05:54 PM
    Only if 5.7inches is over 6 inches....besides, he stated that he feels 5 inches is the sweet spot.
    Not trying to be difficult. I was under the false impression the note was bigger, and he said he loved the screen on it. And was also looking at the new one. I was wrong.
    09-01-2014 12:34 AM