The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
09-03-2014 11:45 PM
76 1234
tools
    Why are a lot of people forgetting the longer battery life when pointing out the M8's advantages? lol I'm charging my phone every two days now.
    That is without a doubt my biggest reason for wanting it!
    snowmutt and AngrySprintUser like this.
    09-02-2014 08:49 AM
    I have both phones and you wouldn't go wrong with either of them.

I've had the M8 for just over a week and noticed it is noticeably faster than the Icon. I thought I would miss the built in wireless charging but the battery life is incredible on the M8. Also accessories are more readily available over the icon. No lag when taking pictures which I found annoying on the Icon..but the M8 is not 20MP but getting the shot is better than a 20MP missed moment.
    09-02-2014 09:46 AM
    I have both phones and you wouldn't go wrong with either of them.

I've had the M8 for just over a week and noticed it is noticeably faster than the Icon. I thought I would miss the built in wireless charging but the battery life is incredible on the M8. Also accessories are more readily available over the icon. No lag when taking pictures which I found annoying on the Icon..but the M8 is not 20MP but getting the shot is better than a 20MP missed moment.
    Eh I guess we are different lol. I'd rather have the highest quality and can sacrifice speed(people are exaggerating about it being that slow lmao) for the highest quality :D but to each their own lol.
    I notice with the m8 you have a fast camera but there is also the tendency to have to retake photos to get the best image.

So the speed to me is neglible...now if they were both equal im quality, i can definitely give the edge to the m8 then.

Really cant comment on the battery vs icon..i have a 1520 and my battery life is fantastic :) so I take your word for it on that.
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-02-2014 10:21 AM
    I read so much about battery life but what does that mean? For me, excellent battry life means it goes off the charger at 5:30AM, gets the snot beat out of it until 7:00PM and has enough juice to post ridiculous comments like this one until I succumb to exhaustion. Can the Icon or M8 do this? If so, they're great.
    Nogitsune Micah and snowmutt like this.
    09-02-2014 10:25 AM
    I read so much about battery life but what does that mean? For me, excellent battry life means it goes off the charger at 5:30AM, gets the snot beat out of it until 7:00PM and has enough juice to post ridiculous comments like this one until I succumb to exhaustion. Can the Icon or M8 do this? If so, they're great.
    It's more bragging points really. If my phone can make it through the day, that's all that matters to me.

I dont care if it can last 2-3 days. Other than to have bragging points.
    And when it dies, throw it on the wireless charger
    (well not with the 1520 but with other lumias)
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-02-2014 10:36 AM
    Yup.

My m8 does this and more...

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    Attached Thumbnails 13824.jpg  
    Jazmac likes this.
    09-02-2014 11:51 AM
    It's more bragging points really. If my phone can make it through the day, that's all that matters to me.

I dont care if it can last 2-3 days. Other than to have bragging points.
    And when it dies, throw it on the wireless charger
    (well not with the 1520 but with other lumias)
    For me...it's way more than any bragging rights...it's about never having to worry about charging it like I had to on other phones including the1520 I had before this one. I've listened to many people and what they asked the various store reps while trying in vain to get the1520 to work properly...and the battery life matters to a good number of people....just like the camera does..

With the newest 64bit processors coming out....I think battery life on these will make worrying about it a thing of the past...The m9 will be great....

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-02-2014 12:01 PM

Really cant comment on the battery vs icon..i have a 1520 and my battery life is fantastic :) so I take your word for it on that.
    With only 2 bars of service and WiFi on.. I charge every other day. With the icon it would have to charge nightly.

I love photos on Icon but I tend to snag quick shots... so timing is everything. Waiting to see if cyan helps then make the choice of which phone to keep.
    09-02-2014 12:25 PM
    Well, the OP probably already got the phone (what did you decide OP), but I looked at the M8 today. I've had the Icon since about the first week. The M8 is sleek and sexy and seems faster than the Icon. I prefer the physical camera button as it's so easy to be holding the phone and turn on the camera with one long press. Also, actually the M8 screen is slightly smaller when you consider the on-screen buttons. Didn't really like that. I know there are advantages to the M8 and both are nice phones.
    09-02-2014 12:33 PM
    Well, the OP probably already got the phone (what did you decide OP), but I looked at the M8 today. I've had the Icon since about the first week. The M8 is sleek and sexy and seems faster than the Icon. I prefer the physical camera button as it's so easy to be holding the phone and turn on the camera with one long press. Also, actually the M8 screen is slightly smaller when you consider the on-screen buttons. Didn't really like that. I know there are advantages to the M8 and both are nice phones.
    You can hide them, thankfully.
    09-02-2014 12:42 PM
    You can hide them, thankfully.
    Yes, I saw that. And then, the screen is the same size as the Icon. But you have to slide up from the bottom to get them back so it's one extra step. Not a big deal just making the comparison. Again, there are some really nice things about the M8, especially the apparently great battery life.
    09-02-2014 12:50 PM
    All this and a sucker HAS to know....

J4rrod, WHAT DID YOU CHOOSE???
    Jazmac and scottcraft like this.
    09-02-2014 12:51 PM
    I also posted here, but I ended up with the Icon. I went Nokia because of the Camera and the $100 price difference. I also didn't help that the display M8 in the store was buggy as all get out.
    Nogitsune Micah likes this.
    09-02-2014 01:30 PM
    The M8 is a nice phone, but I would take the Icon, just for the camera alone.
    09-02-2014 01:35 PM
    After all the phone wars, app gaps, lag, ugly live tiles, etc. it came down to the camera. How's that for a swift kick in the cojones.
    09-02-2014 01:38 PM
    After all the phone wars, app gaps, lag, ugly live tiles, etc. it came down to the camera. How's that for a swift kick in the cojones.
    Isn't that probably because he's comparing Windows Phones? If he was comparing the Android M8 to the Icon, we might've seen much more heated debates.
    09-02-2014 02:05 PM
    All this and a sucker HAS to know....

J4rrod, WHAT DID YOU CHOOSE???
    M8! Loving it so far. I'm going to post a first couple days' impressions post a little later. But so far I don't regret my decision.
    09-02-2014 08:24 PM
    M8! Loving it so far. I'm going to post a first couple days' impressions post a little later. But so far I don't regret my decision.
    Good choice.
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-02-2014 08:27 PM
    Congratulations! I'm interested in hearing your impressions. What phone did you come from?
    09-02-2014 09:00 PM
    I like both but I'm going with the (W8)M8 when it comes to AT&T. That's a hard choice if I was on VZ but since I'm not, its a no brainer.
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-02-2014 09:37 PM
    I am pumped to get some user impressions of this bad boy as time goes on. Not a HTC fan, but I am willing to have my mind changed!!

Congrats!! You do sound happy!!
    09-03-2014 02:42 AM
    I am pumped to get some user impressions of this bad boy as time goes on. Not a HTC fan, but I am willing to have my mind changed!!

I hear ya.
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-03-2014 08:48 AM
    I have both the icon and one m8, and basically use the HTC for every day use. Cortana, 8.1, SD card, have a 128gb SD card with tons of music, videos. Camera is acceptable for every day use. Battery life is better than the icon. Who knows how long before Verizon updates the icon to 8.1

Wireless charging do miss it.
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-03-2014 09:02 AM

Bad snowmutt! :)
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-03-2014 10:08 AM
    Bad snowmutt! :)
    *tail drops*

No biscuit?? AGAIN??!!??
    09-03-2014 11:44 PM
76 1234