Switching to VZ tomorrow, Icon or M8?

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
You can hide them, thankfully.

Yes, I saw that. And then, the screen is the same size as the Icon. But you have to slide up from the bottom to get them back so it's one extra step. Not a big deal just making the comparison. Again, there are some really nice things about the M8, especially the apparently great battery life.

Broad and Market

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I also posted here, but I ended up with the Icon. I went Nokia because of the Camera and the $100 price difference. I also didn't help that the display M8 in the store was buggy as all get out.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
After all the phone wars, app gaps, lag, ugly live tiles, etc. it came down to the camera. How's that for a swift kick in the cojones.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
After all the phone wars, app gaps, lag, ugly live tiles, etc. it came down to the camera. How's that for a swift kick in the cojones.

Isn't that probably because he's comparing Windows Phones? If he was comparing the Android M8 to the Icon, we might've seen much more heated debates.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I like both but I'm going with the (W8)M8 when it comes to AT&T. That's a hard choice if I was on VZ but since I'm not, its a no brainer.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
M8! Loving it so far. I'm going to post a first couple days' impressions post a little later. But so far I don't regret my decision.

I am pumped to get some user impressions of this bad boy as time goes on. Not a HTC fan, but I am willing to have my mind changed!!

Congrats!! You do sound happy!!

RichHowerton

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I have both the icon and one m8, and basically use the HTC for every day use. Cortana, 8.1, SD card, have a 128gb SD card with tons of music, videos. Camera is acceptable for every day use. Battery life is better than the icon. Who knows how long before Verizon updates the icon to 8.1

Wireless charging do miss it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium