M8 Feedback and Issues

Madriver23

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I know some of these issues are OS, some are device, and at least one is completely unrelated to either but very annoying. Maybe some of these have simple fixes?

So I am getting very bored with iOS and Android and all the little uniform squares, I am looking for something different and the WP OS looks very slick and easy to use. I picked up the M8 for windows because the one thing that really annoyed me with the iPhone 5 was the battery life, if I unplug at 7am I have to plug back in by noon.

iMessage - Apple is like the borg collective, they don't want to let you go. After you leave iOS you actually have to call Apple to ask them to disassociate you with iMessage or you won't get texts from iPhone users. The other option is to call every person who has an iPhone and have them change a setting in the phone. This makes me want to leave Apple even more...
Texting - Every time I send a picture I get a "Media Send Failure" error message. The solution I found that worked is that whenever sending or receiving media texts I need to get off wi-fi, this is very annoying.
Texting Transfer - Is there a way to transfer my texts messages from my iPhone to the M8?
Live Tiles - Why does my gmail account have live tile preview but a Microsoft exchange account does not? I have 4 email accounts, only the gmail one works, the other 2 IMAP accounts also do not show live tile message preview.
Email Reply - Maybe I'm missing something, but why can't I change the sending email account when replying to a message? For example, someone from work uses my personal email by mistake. If I want to reply but from the correct account it doesn't let me, I have to reply from the email account that it was sent to. Am I missing something?
Car Bluetooth - I have a Chrysler. When pairing with my car Bluetooth it took multiple tries before it took, and there is a long delay connecting when entering the car. Afterwards it also did not upload my contact list or my recent call list.
Podcasts - A small thing but annoying and maybe there is a quick fix. Usually when a podcast ends the iPhone advances to the next most recent one. On the M8 I have to go back into the phone and select the next most recent one because they are not ordered correctly.
Button - Because of the location of the unlock button I am constantly taking screenshots of my lock screen, something I have to get used to.
Apps - I'm not a big app user so I wasn't really missing any from what I saw in the app store before I picked up the phone. A big surprise though was that the few apps that I do use and that WP had available are only shells of the iOS and Android versions. Most of them have barely 50% functionality, this was surprising.
Map - I need to find a good map app.

The Good
Battery life is amazing, even though it takes forever to charge.
I really like the tile and live tile system of app layout, really lets me arrange my screen for efficiency.
I like the transparent tiles also.
Screen is amazing.
Fast and responsive.
Contact transfer from iCloud wasn't that bad, but would be a problem for an average user.
Verizon reception by me is much better than ATT and having a phone that can make calls and handle data at the same time is essential.

jiovine

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Regarding unlock button... are you familiar with double tap to wake? just tap the screen twice and it wakes up.

Exchange live tile. Mine previews but I also use a expanded tile two columns wide.

Madriver23

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Still getting used to the double tap unlock, keep forgetting about it.

That's strange, it doesn't give me the option to expand it. I can go to the small size but can't go larger than the medium size.

James Arendt

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
The iMessage thing is pita if you don't know about it. If you turn it off before you make the switch to Android or WP, then it's not an issue at all. At the store I bought my M8, it seems the reps were trained well to ask customers to turn iMessage off before turning the device off and activating the new device. I had switched it off already as I regularly switch between devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6