Well I bought the HTC One M8 Windows phone a couple days after its launch date. For the past 3 years I have been using the Bose Mie2i with my IPhone. I was using my Bose ear buds on my One M8 even though they said they were made just for apple products. I was able to press the center button to play, stop, answer a call and skip to the next song, but the volume buttons did not work on my One M8. I recently purchased the JayBird BlueBuds X. Once I paired these with my New One M8 phone I fell in love with these. All my controls work and even accesses Cortana, the Sound is amazing and until Bose comes out with a Bluetooth earbud set I will be sticking with the Jaybirds. They are a little bit pricy but it has a lifetime warranty against sweat, and anything with Quality sound is going to be a little pricy. Just thought I would post this incase anyone is considering a Bluetooth set of earbuds for their phone.
    09-07-2014 11:57 AM
    Oh yeah I forgot, the Jaybird bluebud X has 8 hours of talk time/ music, or 250 hours of standby time. Awesome battery life.
    09-07-2014 12:01 PM
    Thats par for the course re: compatibility. Phone calls and music pause or skip will always work but volume controls will not.

Thats what I've found. Apple uses a different standard for handling those controls than Google and MS. I am sure it was intentional.
    09-07-2014 12:04 PM
    I had purchased a pair the Bose Bluetooth as well. They would not do as you describe. I also bought the blue buds x. They rock. Went ahead and bought a second pair to keep in my other car, so I will always have a pair to use when driving. One thing that would be nice is a way to stick in a dummy stereo jack to get the radio to work, and then still listen over the Bluetooth.
    scotiez likes this.
    09-07-2014 07:14 PM