Want better quality photos?

microhaxo#WP

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Let htc know that you want the HTC Camera for your HTC ONE m8 Windows phone to be less buggy and to be just as good as the Nokia Pro Cam. They are very open to suggestions and if we dont let them know that the performance of the HTC Camera app is not up to par, they have no reason to change it!

Voice your opinion here:

Contact HTCdev
(In the *Type Dropdown pick HTDDev.com OTHERS)

Make sure to let them know that you are an HTC one m8 Windows user and that you love the phone (why else would you have bought it!) but that the HTC Camera app needs some work! They will notify the HTC WindowsPhone Dev team and hopefully they will work on a nice update for us!

The hardware on this device is top notch, including the camera. You can see quite a few photos i've taken here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/ht...-video-taken-your-htc-one-m8.html#post2755721

Many of which show that the camera hardware can take beautiful photos, just that the software (HTC CAMERA APP) is much harder to use because of bugs / autofocus issues etc.

The more people that voice their opinions, the higher chance we get htc to realize that the software needs to also be top notch, not just the hardware.

​Thanks

M Reno

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
So what camera APP do you use? I am not happy at all with the quality of the pictures from this phone... and after reading your post I suspect it is because I have the HTC camera app.

originalstarlite

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have been trying hard to get acceptable pictures with this phone. (I have a high end DSLR and pocket camera and use Lightroom for processing RAW photographs. My point is that I understand what is needed to get pleasing photos.)

First of all, analyzing what we have here is not just about pixels. The lens is fixed at F2 wide angle for superb low light work with the ultra wide angle providing reasonable depth of field. The fly in all of this is that the shutter speed chosen in lower light scenarios is usually around 1/20 and sometimes much lower.

Holding a camera phone with an extended arm and tapping the screen for a shutter release is a formula for camera shake. Just when the camera needs to be at its stillest, you are jabbing at it. I have set my mode to 2 second delay and have immediately noticed better pictures. Sure, many of you say that the best moment could be lost, but for me this is not the camera of choice to preserve the precious family memories, just an emergency backup because the real cameras are home.

I also played with the refocus software and found that it does not refocus the picture at all. It is very similar to the dog and pony trick done much better in Photoshop. It blurs the area that is not chosen for "refocus" to give the appearance of a refocus. The area that is chosen with have the same exact focus as the original, it is the remainder that is different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad