Tap To Pay

pusta

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for my ignorance on this, but I was playing around in the settings and saw under NFC I can enable Tap to Pay. I have a NFC enabled SIM according to Verizon, does this mean I can use Tap to Pay at paypass kiosks today? I thought I needed the ISIS (or whatever the new name is) app to do this.

Thanks!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
wp_ss_20140912_0002.png

If it is not greyed out like this screenshot then it might work, however I'm not sure how or what the actually implementation is being used in the US as there are bound to be several.

Try it out and see, theoretically speaking it may work like carrier billing which is being used in some markets to pay for apps. Or it may deduct straight from the stored stored in your wallet.

This might share some light on how it might work.

Contactless Technology for your Mobile with Orange | Store-Orange

jiovine

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for my ignorance on this, but I was playing around in the settings and saw under NFC I can enable Tap to Pay. I have a NFC enabled SIM according to Verizon, does this mean I can use Tap to Pay at paypass kiosks today? I thought I needed the ISIS (or whatever the new name is) app to do this.

Thanks!

ISIS hasn't released the software that I know of yet. Everytime I have inquired...they say soon. Press Release is dated from 2013...

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
ISIS hasn't released the software that I know of yet. Everytime I have inquired...they say soon. Press Release is dated from 2013...

Given it is a collaborative group consisting of T-Mobile, Verizon & AT&T... should say something about the almost year long delay lol.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Man Apple is going to eat these guys lunch. Just release the App for Windows already.
I think with Apple Pay and Google wallet Isis is probably going to end up going away. I don't know where this will leave windows phone as far as mobile payments, but I don't see it happening in the US for a while if ever.

RichardBurt

Banned
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
To use Tap To Pay on a Windows phone you need a secure SIM card. iOS and Android took the software approach instead.

How many phone service providers that issue secure SIM cards?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
To use Tap To Pay on a Windows phone you need a secure SIM card. iOS and Android took the software approach instead.

How many phone service providers that issue secure SIM cards?
Verizon issues secure sim cards. I have one in my android phone and so does my wife. I don't know if Google wallet requires a secure sim but Isis does.

RichardBurt

Banned
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Verizon issues secure sim cards.

You do realise that America is not the only country in the world and that this site is not limited to the USA?

Google wallet uses software to get past the requirement for a secure SIM card.

Hopefully now that Apple has "invented" tap-to-pay (tongue firmly in cheek) Microsoft will change the way the phone deals with tap-to-pay and go for the software option.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
You do realise that America is not the only country in the world and that this site is not limited to the USA?

Google wallet uses software to get past the requirement for a secure SIM card.

Hopefully now that Apple has "invented" tap-to-pay (tongue firmly in cheek) Microsoft will change the way the phone deals with tap-to-pay and go for the software option.

I think it's totally up to Microsoft to get tap to pay working on WP with or without Softcard. Now that Google & Apple both bypassed it, I don't see Softcard making any effort to support WP. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they go away completely. It's carrier owned, and if 97% of users don't need it, it has lost its relevance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs