Where is the review?

philhachey

Banned
Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I dont wanna complain because I know you guys do great work... I'm just wondering if WPcentral is actually going to do a review or not?

Engadget did a good review very quickly after the one came out. And it was actually a really positive one for Windows phone.

Now I want to read the biased review on my favorite WP blog. 😉

So please rush this one to the presses!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Plenty of reviews on the phone from actual owners of the device. I think those are far more effective than a guy taking a phone from the box to show where the buttons are.

philhachey

Banned
Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Plenty of reviews on the phone from actual owners of the device. I think those are far more effective than a guy taking a phone from the box to show where the buttons are.

Well, the Engadget review is where I get the typical blogger review. WPcentral is where I get a review that is more in line with my views and is always well written.

No offence to amateur reviewers, but there is a reason that professionals get paid. And it is harder for me to guess a baseline for their opinions.

Btw, I already know that I wont be getting the phone... I'm just interested in everything WP.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You think a paid reviewer has a better understanding than a user that owns one? Interesting.
The guy using that owns the device and using it everyday has a much better grasp of the subject matter than some guy who like you, will never own the M8. At best the reviewer is giving you what the trade rags says and how it feels in the hand. That is about it. ( btw, I own the M8.)

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
WPCentral didn't review the Samsung Ativ SE either. I think it would be disappointing if the M8 didn't get a review, but there is enough info out there for consumers to make an educated choice.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
@Jazmac Do you play mc5? Or 4? I really just want to know how those perform on it.

Both perform well, with some fairly minor framerate drops on 5 on my Lumia 920 on a bad day.
The M8 however, has a lot more horsepower under the hood, and it wouldn't be much of a current flagship, Android or Windows, if it couldn't handle the latest games.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Both perform well, with some fairly minor framerate drops on 5 on my Lumia 920 on a bad day.
The M8 however, has a lot more horsepower under the hood, and it wouldn't be much of a current flagship, Android or Windows, if it couldn't handle the latest games.
This^^
The M8 handled everything I've tossed in its path.

philhachey

Banned
Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I have a 920 so I already know how that performs. -It feels like I am under water when I play against guys who use a PC, or others that I know use 1520's.
I have put in over 600 hours in mc4 multiplayer so a review from others who dont really understand the game are unfortunately not helpful.

No offence intended.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I have a 920 so I already know how that performs. -It feels like I am under water when I play against guys who use a PC, or others that I know use 1520's.
I have put in over 600 hours in mc4 multiplayer so a review from others who dont really understand the game are unfortunately not helpful.

No offence intended.

The M8 would edge out the 1520 anyway IIRC (looking at you Basemark), what more do you want? specific framerate numbers? Loading times?
Its not a miracle device.

Of course I don't understand such a game, like, why would people be shooting each other when they can turn into pink fluffy unicorns and prance across rainbows? why are they fighting over a flag? how do i move?

you aren't seriously expecting input on say, how much faster the melee-button appears or whether a certain weapon handles better in gyroscope now that the hardware has changed?

no offense intended if something comes through in this post - but actually, what are you looking for.
(although I'm sure a video comparison would be the best we can do... kinda)

philhachey

Banned
Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I'd love a video review! ....and if you can figure out how to do that on windows phone, let me know.

But, back to the original point... It really disappoints me when my favorite windows phone blog doesn't do a review when a flagship phone is released. And instead I end up reading reviews on Xbox games and features.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
BTW here ya go home slice. The long awaited, highly anticipated, direct from the 26th floor of Microsoft's palatial suites of the WPCentral Diamond Life headquarters located in beautiful downtown Redmond. The review of the HTC One M8 [I call it the W8] hot off the presses. Even though you'll never own one, you can live vicariously though the author. So put your hands together for his thoroughness, your Editor-In-Chief and author, Daniel, the Mad Spaniel, RU-BIN-NOOOOoooo .

audience-cheer_2321841b.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs