Rumor hints at HTC M8 Eye Android smartphone with 13MP Duo Camera

There is a rumor that a new HTC M8 is coming out at the end of Oct. I wonder if this will be available with Windows. I can think of 2 possible scenarios: The updated M8 windows version will be the version ATT and T-Mobile will get after Verizon or they continue to use the current Windows version of the M8 to get rid of old inventory when they switch to the updated version loaded with Android. If this is true, the improved M8 could be the flagship Windows Phone we need this fall for the holidays.
    09-27-2014 12:01 AM
    Thats the HTC E8.

That 13MP camera doesn't really hold up against the M8's camera unless zooming in.

Unless you are referring to the M8 Eye. That is still a rumor.
    09-27-2014 02:39 AM
    I find it very difficult to be excited about this news, since I just signed a 2 year contract with Verizon for this FLAGSHIP WINDOWS PHONE. And now as my first bill is due, you tell me that they are releasing an upgraded version to correct this disastrous mistake. Wow, I guess they owe me an apology and a replacement phone.

Then I am excited.
    09-27-2014 06:03 AM
    I find it very difficult to be excited about this news, since I just signed a 2 year contract with Verizon for this FLAGSHIP WINDOWS PHONE. And now as my first bill is due, you tell me that they are releasing an upgraded version to correct this disastrous mistake. Wow, I guess they owe me an apology and a replacement phone.

Then I am excited.
    Verizon isn't going to suddenly release the M8 Eye. More importantly, it won't be Windows Phone.
    09-27-2014 10:34 AM
    I just switched from an M8 to an Icon only because the camera on the M8 was terrible. Cell phones come out so often its overwhelming. There's always some new feature set to entice you into a new phone. If what you have is working well for you, stick with it. We would get a new phone every six months if we tried to keep up with the current trends.
    09-27-2014 06:46 PM
    I think this rumored phone will also have a Windows Phone version since Microsoft has eased up the hardware restrictions for WP. BUT, a M8 Eye for Windows may not be planned and released by HTC way too fast as their priority for the One series will always be Android first, other mobile OS later.
    09-28-2014 11:26 PM
    I think this rumored phone will also have a Windows Phone version since Microsoft has eased up the hardware restrictions for WP. BUT, a M8 Eye for Windows may not be planned and released by HTC way too fast as their priority for the One series will always be Android first, other mobile OS later.
    I don't because if HTC can't make a decent sell on the M8, the Eye will lose them even more money. The safer bet is Android unless WP proves to be successful for them.

There may be no software costs with WP, but not selling hardware? That hurts.
    09-29-2014 10:34 AM
    Well, it looks like the M8 is getting an updated camera that was announced today.
    10-08-2014 04:29 PM
    Well, it looks like the M8 is getting an updated camera that was announced today.
    The 13MP isn't updated except for FFC, and its not a duo camera either.. The E8 has the same camera, and it doesn't really perform better than the one in the M8 other than the ability to zoom in on the image with less quality loss.
    10-08-2014 08:39 PM
    The 13MP isn't updated except for FFC, and its not a duo camera either.. The E8 has the same camera, and it doesn't really perform better than the one in the M8 other than the ability to zoom in on the image with less quality loss.
    The HTC One M8 Eye (it's the HTC One M8 with a 13mp sensor on the back, instead of the 4mp one,) is real and was just announced in China. However, it's the Android model, and I don't think we'll ever see a Windows Phone variant, let alone a country variant outside of China.

?HTC One M8 'Eye' appears in China with 13-megapixel camera

But there is the M9. I bet we may get a Windows Phone version of that mythical beast whenever it decides to show itself.
    10-10-2014 11:31 AM
    The HTC One M8 Eye (it's the HTC One M8 with a 13mp sensor on the back, instead of the 4mp one,) is real and was just announced in China. However, it's the Android model, and I don't think we'll ever see a Windows Phone variant, let alone a country variant outside of China.

?HTC One M8 'Eye' appears in China with 13-megapixel camera

But there is the M9. I bet we may get a Windows Phone version of that mythical beast whenever it decides to show itself.
    I'm aware. Did ya catch my previous post that you quoted? It's likely the same camera as the E8 which for the most part isn't that much better than the ultrapixel and in some cases worse. Its also not a duo camera setup.
    10-10-2014 11:57 AM
    I'd hope the M9 comes out when Windows 10 comes out, that way we'll see a new batch of Nokia and HTC phones, at the same time. :D

Until then, the 930/Icon vs the One is still a battle a lot are fighting and figuring out. A good start for Microsoft and Windows (Phone).
    10-10-2014 12:25 PM
    I just changed over from the Icon to the One M8 and both are awesome devices..

I'd really like to see more high end options for WP.. I really hope more manufacturers jump on the Windows platform like HTC did..

Some don't like Samsung but I'd really like to see the S6 released with both Android and Windows. The more the merrier in my book.. HTC has shown that taking an existing Android device and putting Windows on it is a viable option for manufacturers.. Let's hope more jump on the train..
    10-10-2014 12:31 PM