Thinking about importing the HTC One M8 to the Netherlands...

Rogozinski

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I am thinking to buy the Verizon HTC One M8. I am from the Netherlands and I am wondering if anybody can tell me if it will work normal here in Europe. I know that if something will wrong with the device, that I must send it to the USA, and I know that I need to buy an European charger. But what else can be a problem with using it here? Thanks!

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Well it may not have the proper antenna to work with your carrier of choice within the Netherlands. Also you will need to unlock the device as well. At the moment I am not sure if the HTC One W8 has a GSM version, I know that normally most phones for Verizon require CDMA.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
It is safe to import it! I used a NL928 off Verizon and since the phones are GSM unlocked, you can use it without a problem. Just remember, LTE does not work in our country (I'm Dutch too) and we're missing a 3G band. So you have about 1/5 signal on 3G most of the time *but* I never had battery drain or signal drop.

So yeah, I'd say go for it - I certainly didn't regret importing my Verizon device.

Rogozinski

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys. I bought the M8 from someone from the Netherlands for a very good price. It will arrive today so I'm very excited!!!

Rogozinski

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I received the Phone, everything good and I have H+, so that's not bad! The only minus is that the Phone language is not available in Dutch, but English is fine. And I will need to buy an European HTC charger.
The Phone looks great and is very fast, the screen is very clear, the sound is amazing and I like the dot-case :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo