(Very) Minor Dot View Warning

srmccoy

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to give anyone who is using a heads up about a very odd, albeit minor issue I just noticed with my Dot View case. I just purchased my phone about a week and a half ago, and have had the Dot View case on it since. Today I noticed that there was a permanent smudge on the screen where the magnet typically rests (magnet is under the HTC logo on the flap). On my case the circular magnet doesn't sit completely flush on the inside of the case and you can feel it when you run your fingers across. It's not protruding or exposed, but it's not 100% smooth.

Now for the smudge. I had noticed today that there was a crescent shaped smudge on my screen today right where the circular magnet would sit when the case is closed. When the phone is wiped completely clean you cannot see or feel the smudge, it's totally invisible. If you run your finger across the area or tap around and add some fingerprints you will very clearly see the mark show up. It's almost as if the grease from the fingerprint takes on a different pattern on that section. I should note that you cannot see this with the screen on, and it's not an overly noticeable issue unless your screen gets really smudged.

My best guess is that the case was pressed into the screen in a pocket or when face down on a table (closed) caused the case to press into the oleophobic coating and cause it to smudge somehow.

I will note that I attempted to use some 90% Isopropyl alcohol and a microfiber cloth to clean/buff the spot away, which did nothing. With a clean screen you cannot see the mark at all, but it does return upon any fingerprints or smudging that may occur in that area.

originalstarlite

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Got my One the day after it was released and put the Dot View on immediately. After a month and half my screen is spotless. I checked using your post as a guide and saw or felt nothing you described. Once I wiped off a flyswatter pattern, but it never returned.

I don't keep my phone face down for the dot view is then covered and the pocket is always a cargo or front, nothing tight.

srmccoy

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I get the pattern from the holes as well, but it always wipes away. On my case you can see the round magnet raised slightly on the inside of the case. I tried to take a picture of the issue but it's hard to get the camera to pick up the detail.

It may just be an oddity of my case, for sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro