I installed a microSD card with >1,000 songs, how do I play them? It asks me to sign into Xbox music...

Thanks
    10-02-2014 05:03 PM
    You might try moving your music folder on the phone to the microsd card (if it lets you) via computer then pit the songs in the folder.
    10-02-2014 05:08 PM
    The music is on the SD card, but needs a login to xbox music to play. Is there a cost to xbox music?
    10-02-2014 05:40 PM
    An Xbox subscription is 9.99 a month. But that is for a streaming plan which you are not needing. Xbox can be turned off in the setting and music still plays. I think you are trying to search for music but instead are hitting the button meant to search music on Xbox. Playing your own music does not require a login. If I can't find your music try adding a playlist with songs that are on the SD card. Then play that playlist and ot should trigger the app to search for new music. Or just soft reset the phone and it should show up.
    10-02-2014 05:58 PM
    An Xbox subscription is 9.99 a month. But that is for a streaming plan which you are not needing. Xbox can be turned off in the setting and music still plays. I think you are trying to search for music but instead are hitting the button meant to search music on Xbox. Playing your own music does not require a login. If I can't find your music try adding a playlist with songs that are on the SD card. Then play that playlist and ot should trigger the app to search for new music. Or just soft reset the phone and it should show up.
    *streaming and unlimited downloads
    10-02-2014 06:02 PM
    Just download Modernmusic. It also helps if you put all your music inside the music directory on the SD card.
    10-02-2014 07:44 PM
    The music is on the SD card, but needs a login to xbox music to play. Is there a cost to xbox music?
    I have an Xbox account (not a paid monthly fee), it is just a login, and I configure all my devices using XB not to use cloud services. Then I use Xbox to search for my music files, 400 ripped CD's, that are on each device where they are stored.

On my HTC, that place is the SD card. Use your resources on the phone to manage this. The app Files is good and of course you use the 8.1, Storage Sense.

Works perfectly even in airplane mode.

If you allow cloud services, it matches all your music to its server, and then meters how long you can listen to your own music each month! And also adds commercials!!
    10-03-2014 10:17 AM
    Have you told the phone to store music on your SD card, I would guess unless this is done you wont see them.

Go Settings, Storage Sense and choose the relevant setting.

Bob
    waazzupppp likes this.
    10-03-2014 11:53 AM