10-28-2014 08:56 PM
54 123
tools
    He's still on the device because he paid '$600' for the blasted thing. Sure you can talk the '$100' contract price instead, but honestly, he paid VZW a crap ton of cash for the phone and it should work right. I've tried walking through him through the basics, but I think his particular store had a bad run of M8's with faulty prox sensors. It happens and most of Cookie's issues seem to be based on sensor errors, so I'm putting that out there.

Now it's up to VZW to step up and take care of him. If they don't, I think he should take that M8, and his lines and cross over to T-Mobile. That's the only 'pain' that VZW feels. If they continue to bleed customers, maybe they will take care of things like this instead of dragging them out past the return period and then sticking you with the issue. Remember when return periods were 30 days and there was no restock fee!?
    10-27-2014 10:54 AM
    He's still on the device because he paid '$600' for the blasted thing. Sure you can talk the '$100' contract price instead, but honestly, he paid VZW a crap ton of cash for the phone and it should work right. I've tried walking through him through the basics, but I think his particular store had a bad run of M8's with faulty prox sensors. It happens and most of Cookie's issues seem to be based on sensor errors, so I'm putting that out there.

Now it's up to VZW to step up and take care of him. If they don't, I think he should take that M8, and his lines and cross over to T-Mobile. That's the only 'pain' that VZW feels. If they continue to bleed customers, maybe they will take care of things like this instead of dragging them out past the return period and then sticking you with the issue. Remember when return periods were 30 days and there was no restock fee!?
    Hence why I mentioned that he should be talking to Verizon. They are not going to to keep him in a phone that is broken. Let him show them that it is broken, let them replace it and see that it is broken, let them see his wife's phone is broken. Instead it seems like he is just adding to the laundry list. That doesn't help anything whatsoever.
    10-28-2014 12:13 AM
    True that it may not help, but it may be helping him keep sane while dealing with he goobers at VZW.

I remember my Moto Q issue when I upgraded to a Vista laptop... I went first to Verizon and made sure that the device was going to work with a new OS. They said it wouldn't be problem. Then after it didn't sync anymore, I called Verizon support who said it was a Windows issue and to call MS support. MS said to call Motorola, it was their issue. Then Moto told me to go back to VZW. It was a nightmare! Verizon wouldn't even budge when I got Microsoft and Moto to tell them that the phone isn't compatible and the Verizon tech was mistaken.

Finally after taking my laptop, phone and cables in to a VZW store, plopping them down on the support desk and saying - fix this... The tech said he couldn't get it to work and the store gave me the best smartphone they had at the moment - the BlackBerry Pearl. No charge and no extensions.
    10-28-2014 11:15 AM
    I got the misses the M8. Best phone she, or I have had period. I could upgrade my X8, to the M8. But kinda waiting on MS to see what they come up with, since buying out Nokia. Can't decide, grrrr
    Sent from my Windows Phone
    10-28-2014 08:56 PM
54 123